Etiquette few have it - Many appreciate it

DeletedUser

It seems many do not value etiquette, manners, and respect in this game. As we all have witnessed throughout many posts on this forum.

For the ones that do and many in Evo and other alliance alike my hat is off to you all. You know who you are there is no need to name drop.

Now my question is:

Do we sit and try to educate the less respectful or just let them go and gallivant until they go too far and get banned?

(By the way this is not about a specific occurrence. Just many that have been happening.)

----
When I first started playing this game I had a guy take me under his proverbial wing and he taught me a few things which hold oh so very true:

First and foremost there are people on the other end of the computer. Treat them like you would like to be treated. The rest he taught me was to attack and defend properly.

Then there is proper parenting. The last 2 generations and this one coming of age now have really fell off. I was taught that you never utter words that you will regret and can not take back. A first impression is one that stays with those around you. And above all else do not drag your name through the mud with wrongful actions and words for life is already difficult without having to drag around a tainted name, because that can get very heavy.

Sorry for the novel. I just had to get this off my chest, and I am sure many of you feel the same. Those that don't need to "Take a look in a mirror"

DeletedUser

I actually agree with you, yet I am one of those that have come from a "bad" generation. I dont like the way people say that my generation is all bad. Thats just not fair, after all, have you met them all?

I never type swear words on this game, I see no point in swearing. If I do gave to type what is ment to be a swear word, in a quote for example, its always %$£*. As for the tainted name, that I have found through the last month or so, is a very bad thing. Very easy to get it but very hard to get rid of it. I got one quite fast and have been working hard to get rid of it.

So for once EnasEllinas, I am with you on something.

DeletedUser

Crap talking can be fun and part of the game. There is a mixture of all things here in the forums.

1 - People who don't respect people, period. Name calling (and being serious about it), swearing, etc.. These people should be left alone, ignored, let them freak out and get banned. Thats what they deserve.

2 - People who don't understand jokes or lack people skills. These can get offended way to easy. REAL people are not nice all the time, thats just life. If you can't handle it, well.. stay inside and away from Forums, Chats, or anywhere else where people can be "people". These types of people that whine and complain about EVERYTHING.

3 - People looking for reactions or conflict. These people find and single out #1 and #2 to do things like swear at them, pick on them, etc. They enjoy the drama/irritation and most likely have personal issues or feel bad about themselves so they pick on others.. we all know about these people. We seem to have alot of these around here. I have seen MANY things here that clearly fall here.

4 - Normal People. These are the people that can be joked around with, talk crap to, play the mental game to cause others to make errors when they get thrown off a little bit, etc. We have alot of these too, and thats what keeps IOTA fun. People just need to remember its just a game...

I'm with you Enas.. I hope we can remove most of the 1-3 and stick to the 4s. We still need some 1-3's to harass on bad days with some major nukes, but most can go. We could have a bunch of people having fun, screwing off, poking jokes at each other, and killing troops. Thats how it should go.. I like to talk mess, hopefully I'm seen as #4, but can be borderline #3 at times when trying to accomplish something.. after all :pro: and I am.. well, annoying at times :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cheers Herbal! You hit the nail on the proverbial head!

I have to say I could not have said it any better!

DeletedUser

^^

i agree with u enas, its much more fun to play and talk nice and some jokes too
( well sometimes its funny seeing as we can make them angry without insulting them, im talking about those without manners who are easily annoyed)

I actually agree with you, yet I am one of those that have come from a "bad" generation. I dont like the way people say that my generation is all bad. Thats just not fair, after all, have you met them all?

I never type swear words on this game, I see no point in swearing. If I do gave to type what is ment to be a swear word, in a quote for example, its always %$£*. As for the tainted name, that I have found through the last month or so, is a very bad thing. Very easy to get it but very hard to get rid of it. I got one quite fast and have been working hard to get rid of it.

So for once EnasEllinas, I am with you on something.

as for your "tainted names", i only use ***** and in jokes obviously

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree too.. it's fun to have banter here, but I don't think that there is any need to be offensive.

Treat others as you want to be treated :)

there are a couple of people on the forums and in game though that take it too far.. and sometimes I give em some back, cos quite frankly they deserve it :p the rest like you Enas and a number of others I respect.

DeletedUser

Personalties are awesome! Its what makes humanity special!

I like playing with personalties!

I can mix it up with just about any of them, I just have to be in the right mood for the right type at the right time, lol.

If my mood becomes to serious or frustrated then its time to step away for a moment and regroup my thoughts!

Life is one BIG game and you gotta have as much fun playing or you loose!

SO HAVE FUN!!! :)

DeletedUser13647

I try to keep my worst thoughts to my self but when I get really angry I tend to... well be a combination of 1-3, normally though I'm a 4 I just sometimes have trouble telling when people are and aren't using sarcasm. :p