Events

DeletedUser10962

I was wondering if inno could explain to us what the purpose of having event in grepolis is apart from the obvious making them a load of money. I enjoyed the initial events they had (I recall the first xmas one which was a simple advent calendar one per day everyone got the same) but now they dramatically alter the game.

In 2015 Inno ran the following events: Battle of Troy (16th Feb - 2nd March), Mythical Hen (1st-19th April), Commander of Rome (18th June-6th July), Spartan Assasin (20th August - 7th September), Halloween (29th October - 17th November), Winter Goblet (1st-31st December).

Assuming I haven't missed any (I don't think I have but Spartan Assassin I didn't find an announcement for until I searched for it specifically so I could have missed others) that equates to 123 days of events in grepo this calendar year. Or rather 1/3 of the time the game has events running. Now with our super new expanded inventories most big players have 20 slots so you can assume at the end of any of these events they have 10 manti buffs some double BPs etc ready to use which will tide them over for another couple of days.

Here is my plea to innogames. Reduce the overall number of event days or at the very least make individual events much shorter. Halloween would not destroy a servers balance if it only lasted 3 days and the big gold spenders will probably spend a lot more in that short period of time increasing your revenue.

A third of the year inno destroys the game with events. They really need to do something about them because it's absolutely ridiculous at the moment.

DeletedUser

Lowering the amount of Events equals to lowering the amount of income, therefore this is never gonna happen

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22708

My thoughts exactly, it's getting ridiculous.
Halloween event wasn't even over or Innogames started advertising for the Christmas event.
These events have been the focus point of the game lately removing a big part of the skill aspect.

These events are also created in a way to entice people into spending, they're practically the same as gambling games, you spend an amount of money and you get rewarded.

The fact that players with 5 cities can break a siege with 15k dlu makes no sense, manti buffs are too overpowered.

DeletedUser12512

not to mention that they just coincidentally time the 10% gold bonus for half way through the event, further sparking the gold purchases. its faster these days to rebuild myth nukes then it is troops

DeletedUser29225

Grepo is a cash cow for Inno that they are setting out to pasture. There is so much they have done to ruin this game in the past 1.5 years since I started playing over 5 years ago. They aren't going to change and so I am done playing. If I make it all the way through this world. It is my last.

The only way to play now is with Gold and even if you do, you still don't stand a chance against someone who bleeds gold, no matter their skill level. It's like playing with cheat codes. It's all fun and games for about 10 minutes. Then it is just boring and you stop playing the game altogether. Welcome to 10 minutes later people.

DeletedUser

Its not just the events and their frequency its all the underhand profit expansion strategies thats an issue imo.
A lot of new gold features are designed to target us subconsciously to squeeze more and more money out of us.

I swear they must have a whole dedicated team to deal with expanding profit margins from this game and probably one lazy intern to deal with gameplay development. Nearly all changes now are implementing at the expense of product quality and customer satisfaction.

Whether its encouraging addictive behaviors through instant gratification features or the dull strobing of the event icon to remind our brains to spend money its all getting borderline immoral in my opinion. I know in some countries this kind of subconscious and irresponsible marketing strategy is starting to be regulated, at least in the gambling industry.

Due to this the game and definitely these events do indeed feel a bit like gambling now, especially as we know the only one who really wins is Inno.

DeletedUser33512

These events are a total joke, when it is impossible to hold a siege on a player/alliance that is a 5th of your size because the over abuse of manticore tokens.

The effects of the events need curbing, or balancing out so you can build 1250 LDU from one token like you can build 30 manticore to balance it out a little. (appox the same pop points).

These events turn the game in to sim city, they need reducing or balancing out so you can defened as well as you attack.

THIS. You're right. And events which start before a world opens should not be put on the newly open world. Nor should an event coincide with a world opening at all.

DeletedUser10962

Lowering the amount of Events equals to lowering the amount of income, therefore this is never gonna happen

Here is my issue a lot of players say things like this. However if a large portion of the player base doesn't like the way events affect the game then as a community we need to come up with alternatives that still allow inno to make money. I actually think shorter events would increase the spend per day in events anyway. They could run more but shorter events. Maybe reduce the event time to 6 days but have a few more. Or nerf the aggressive rewards or boost the defensive ones. I kinda hate it when players just respond with I hate it but there's nothing we can do about it

DeletedUser

Here is my issue a lot of players say things like this. However if a large portion of the player base doesn't like the way events affect the game then as a community we need to come up with alternatives that still allow inno to make money. I actually think shorter events would increase the spend per day in events anyway. They could run more but shorter events. Maybe reduce the event time to 6 days but have a few more. Or nerf the aggressive rewards or boost the defensive ones. I kinda hate it when players just respond with I hate it but there's nothing we can do about it

The reason I say stuff like this is because I have wasted the last 3 years with constructive critisism and new ideas on the german servers and noone gave a single about it, even if i got 95% of the votes. IG got their plan layed out and apart of very very small fixes I havent seen a Community Idea come through since I have joined the forums. Also they dont seem to care too much about their Roadmaps or anything like that.

- Where is the Endgame Revamp?
- Where are the god damn "Casual-Worlds" that were said to be created even though noone liked them?

I got no problem with bringing up new Idea, but IG dont care too much. The last year or last 2 years was 90% cost reducing. Does noone notice that this years Halloween was the same as last years and has suspiciously high similarities with the easter event? THis years Christmas is the same as last years. All they do is change the graphics and names of stuff - concept stays the same.
Additionaly they are leading this game more into a NPC oriented game than actual fighting against other Players (Trojan Event etc.). That is because the amount of players is constantly decreasing because of wrong decisions regarding changes ingame that are being made. Grepolis is dying and IG dont seem to care.

Zarun-

Strategos
I know what you mean, but hopefully this proposal will remedy the situation somewhat: https://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?56958-change-event-rewards-based-on-world-age

Just have to wait about a year for them to implement it and the game should be much better.

They're not going to stop though. Look at any website which monitors internet traffic data and you'll see a steep drop for Grepolis over the last couple of years. They have to make up that lost revenue somehow.

DeletedUser13405

I think if the event tokens themselves were balanced between offense and defense you would see less of a problem, although I agree that many event days is just too many. Reduce the duration of the event and balance the offense/defense tokens and I think the events could be a lot of fun. Its just too out of whack atm.

DeletedUser41523

These events helped me make the decision to retire. It used to cost a few dollars bi-weekly to play successfully. Then instant buy came and it cost about double. Then events got spammed, which cost even more to stay competitive. These features are annoying and waste money.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I know it won't count for much to the players but Rich does give the community's feedback on myth unit inbalance to the devs in regards to the events. We, the mods, do listen and want you to know you've been heard.

DeletedUser40768

I know it won't count for much to the players but Rich does give the community's feedback on myth unit inbalance to the devs in regards to the events. We, the mods, do listen and want you to know you've been heard.

It is great that you guys are doing your part. Might be more scary to think they hear this stuff and it goes in one ear and out the other.

DeletedUser50931

It might help the Community if a Mod played Grepolis from time to time... Especially on an event, this way the "Mods" can get a first hand view of what everyone's talking about.... Once you've got a 1.7k city with 20 Manties breaking Sieges, amongst the other problems everyone has with the events.... The Developers might understand a little more, instead of passing on conversations... The "Mods" would be able to show the developers first hand... Just a thought ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
A lot of us do play, at least on occasion. This goes for all servers. Plus we play it on beta usually to see the events so we know what's going on. Got to stay up to date.

DeletedUser10962

Don't think there's any point blaming the mods they do all they can they don't run the game just the forums (as far as I'm aware). Essentially most of the time they're experiencing the same issues as us pass them on to inno and inno say they'll look to address it whilst ignoring all their broken promises they've made in the past and continuing to tinker with stupid aesthetic stuff as opposed to running the game.

DeletedUser48021

Sorry to say it, but nothing will happen until Innos revenue is effected and by that time it will be to late.

DeletedUser

I think the winter games were pretty much balanced as events go, it wasnt the Troy event and certainly not the "Golden Chicken" of Easter, right?

One could get 20 Mantis at most for spending a lot of gold, not that disastrous.....