Eviction Notice - Ialysos - We invited too many members

• Thread starter DeletedUser20845
  • Start date

DeletedUser20845

I wrote this post to tell my story about my days in the server en73 Ialysos and my alliance named Eviction Notice.

The reason I am posting this now is because my alliance kicked me today. I wanted to post this one month ago, but I didn't because that would make my alliance angry. I have seen our members complain about our alliance after they have been removed/left and their statements are somehow biased due to their frustration. I will try to base my opinion on reason, without getting too emotional. I will describe the events that concern my alliance as they happened.

Who am I
I am a member of the alliance Eviction Notice since the the 2nd week of our server en73 Ialysos. My cities are based in the core, at the o45 corner. I was the top ABP player in my sub-clan Musketeers, 3rd ABP player on the Eviction Notice coalition and on the top 10 ABP on our server.

Info about the server en73 Ialysos
Speed 3/3. Alliance cap 40.

Short story of how Eviction Notice won Ialysos
We arrived in o54 with a coalition of 3 alliances, total of 120 players. Within the first weeks they added 2 academies, total 200 players.

We killed very easily the top alliances. Most enemy alliances had 30-40 members. Sometimes we faced alliances with 40 players + an academy and late in the game we faced 40 + 40.

If I add the short term pacts we did, our members reach roughly 350 players. Yep, our allaince even did pacts with shared forums and timed OPs against our enemies, lol. There were a ridiculous number of NAPs also, which I will analyze later on. One could say our team had 350-450 players at some point (considering the naps and pacts we made).

There was never a real challenge with any enemy, it was all on easy mode. We were just clearing cities every time we picked on an alliance.

Too many members
On my first week on Ialysos a wise man named Dangerm0use told me: ''Lion, don't bother playing in this server. The top alliance has invited way too many players.'' Back then I ignored him. I thought that I will just join the top alliance, have some fun while easily killing the enemy with our overwhelming numbers. But, after 2 weeks in my alliance I understood what was the problem.

The problem is that the huge numbers of our alliance spoiled the fun for their own members. We were winning. But who cares? We were not having fun. It was too easy.

Here are the main issues that wasn't fun in the alliance. Our huge numbers had all the cities on our starting ocean o54. So the travel time to attack any enemy city was big. We couldn't attack anything in sight, everything was blue and green. Again everything was green and blue because you had all these naps and pacts. The only enemy in sight was the next tiny alliance we were killing.

Here are the main reasons that the huge player numbers lead to the failure:
1) Having so many players helped us kill easily any enemy alliance. There was no real enemy to fight. So, this lead our members fighting each other. We were finding countless things to quarrel within the alliance. Eventually we had extreme reactions like people rage quitting/ghosting ,leaving for another alliance on the rim or going inactive/simming.
2) Too many members whining means that you have to find a way to make them quite. So, we made rules. Then we made more rules. And before we knew what we had done, our rules created more and more complaints because we didn't follow them. Let me tell you one thing, the top alliance must not have rules. If you need to make so many rules then it means that there is something rotten within the alliance and you need to fix it asap.

Bad Leader
Our leader is named Kron. I blame him for the failure. He shouldn't have made such a big alliance in this server, this was the source of all the problems.
When I joined the alliance I asked if there were going to be any pacts. I insisted on this. He said no pacts. It seems that was a lie.

Kron. I advise you lower the numbers of your players on your next server. Right now you have a lot of unhappy members in your team. People do speak up from time to time and there is a lot of talk behind the scenes. We already lost good members because they ragequit and ghosted. Yesterday we lost 3 members who ragequit all together.

About Ialysos. If you want to avoid mass quitting in the near future, let LoD build up. If you don't have any enemies left our members will leave the server.

My story
At the start of the server I was the top ABP player in our team. Shortly we started adding rules. He is my 1st mistake I did according to my leader. One of the rules that caused quarrels was saying ''Do not attack a city that has been claimed by another member. Do not steal his BPs.'' I ignored that rule and kept attacking enemy cities that have been claimed by our members. Our leader threatened me and I stopped doing that.

We were doing OPs against those tiny alliances as I said earlier. I always helped on the clearing revolt attacks and conquered cities whenever cities were close to me. One day we did an OP against the alliance named Just Us. There was a list of cities that we should attack and conquer. I did attack those cities, but meanwhile I conquered 3 cities within 13 hours from a Just Us enemy. This was the 2nd mistake I did according to my leader.

The 3rd mistake was concerning internal claims. After the third city I conquered from an inactive alliance member, my leader messaged me and protested. He was very unhappy that I was conquering internals and gave me an order to conquer my next internal after 3 weeks.

Meanwhile let me describe you one of the several ''unfair'' things members of power did. Members with leader authorizations, claimed, emptied and conquered internals. Members with power reserved cities, cleared them for BPs and then handed them over to someone else. Members with power up to today have conquered many internals while I am not allowed to conquer any. All these were against our alliance rules, so this also caused frustration within the alliance because not everyone were treated equally.

Here is the fourth mistake. At that day our alliance had pacts with the Grim alliances, some naps and we were attacking the alliance LoD. That day and the previous days I kept revolting the leaders of the enemy alliance LoD. Also, I decided to attack with my 200 LSs a small alliance in the south named Barbarians. I did some damaged and then bragged on Skype. My leader comes along and frustrated complains that I attacked Barbarians. He said that I must not attack them. We had no pact ,no nap with Barbarians.

The next day. Our leader asks me to leave my sub-clan and join the main clan, named Eviction Notice. I left my sub-clan, went offline and waited for an invitation. I woke up and the whole alliance was attacking me. LOL - my leader had sent a mass mail and made OP against me.

I made a mass mail explaining what happened and they invited me again. My leader ordered me to write an apology post saying it was my fault, which I refused to do.

That day I told my leader that I will change my gameplay. I said that I will stop collecting BPs as I used to and devote less hours in the game. My leader accepted it.

One month passed since then, I kept collecting some ABPs and doing some damage to our enemy alliance LoD.

Then we did another OP against the enemy alliance LoD. We had a list of targets with cities once again. I decided to conquer some cities outside the list. I took 3 cities within 13 hours from a LoD member.

Two days after my alliance Eviction Notice kicked me from the alliance, kicked me from Skype, conquered my cities. They didn't give any explanation.

My leader is not communicating with me atm. I found out from my pals in the alliance that they said in a Skype chat they kicked me because I was inactive.

I am active. I am still collecting BPs. I did conquer 3 cities from the alliance we were attacking. Eviction Notice exploits pacts, naps and even their own members. You are next.
Screen_shot_2014_04_01_at_11_22_23_PM.png

Screen_shot_2014_04_01_at_11_21_38_PM.png

Why are they conquering me now
They decided to conquer my cities now, because they are in excellent locations, well built, with offensive units for BPs. Just exploiting their power.

One of our members once said ''We need many embers because most of us will leave.''
I have to say that I have played in alliances that didn't invite half the server to survive. They just invited almost the alliance cap and then kept inviting a few good players to fill the gaps of the inactive. Maybe the reason that you have learned to play with big numbers is because our team pushes our members to rage quit.

My ally named Shock said this to one of our enemies once: ''You chose the wrong team, I chose the winning team.''
I want to ask you Shock. Was it worth it? We have won the server so early. You used so much gold and energy to become the top player on this server. Now our enemies and even our team is leaving Ialysos. Wouldn't it be more fun if we continued playing for at least 12 more months? We will never reach the world wonder era.

To all the unhappy members of Eviction Notice
I have talked with close friends that are sick of the way they are treated in our alliance and I assume there are many more who feel the same. If you people are unhappy with our alliance, just click the reset button, leave the server. Our alliance has spoiled the fun not only for the enemies but for our own members as well. What is the point of playing a game that isn't fun? Wait for the next server, one will open soon.

DeletedUser

Problem mate is that you were just as bad as everyone else, why?
Because you didn't have the guts to do anything about it before it was game over for you, before you were doomed..
If you had some balls you'd have left EN and fought to save the server the moment you realized where it was going.

DeletedUser46621

As one of top players in Ialysos server, let me speak up against you, Lion.

You aren't top 10 ABP player on our server. You are top 34 ABP player on our server with only 87971 ABP currently. Maybe it seems not crucial for speaking against you, but, in fact, it tells us that you often emphasize and argue with untruthful information. (Who knows Kron made you to leave or sth?)

I am not a great English speaker or a writer, but I can confidently say that most of your arguments are untruthful to everyone.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is no "I" in team. But there is a great big whIIIIIIIIIIIIIne in Lion.

You were a whiner and a problem when you were here, and you are still a whiner and a problem.

BTW-See you in the new world!

DeletedUser20845

I just mass mailed this post to our members in the alliance. Allies and enemies are packing their stuff and leaving Ialysos.

Here is another unhappy member of our alliance Eviction Notice. This message was sent some minutes ago.
Screen_shot_2014_04_02_at_12_57_24_AM.png

Screen_shot_2014_04_02_at_1_05_04_AM.png

DeletedUser44589

There was no need for this long speech all alliances have problems when egos get in the way. This game is for fun and that's the way I play it. Everyone on my team is free to speak his or her mind and all major decisions are made as a group. I have been in a few alliances were players had no say only the leaders made the decisions and all of them fell apart. That's why I founded my own to help new people learn the game, take pride in their accomplishments and have a good time.

DeletedUser19318

lol.. a true post of a player with huge ego issues and people problems.. I'll answer a few of the points for you Lion..
Lion you are and were one of the most greedy self centred grepo players I have ever come across.. everything was about BP for you.. nothing was about team.. no other player mattered more to you than you, even down to the point you were stupid and left the alliance with no messages to anyone and then wouldn't answer any messages... then when returned wouldn't acknowledge any wrong on your part.. if you had been able to do that I am sure you'd still be part of our group.. I won't say team because as far as team play goes i think you were incapable of it.
We are successful as a team because we keep players focused on one target and wear them down.. this was a concept you could never follow.. a sea of red around you and you have to fire off and attack another random alliance.. for bp of course.. because that's all you were ever about.
Meanwhile let me describe you one of the several ''unfair'' things members of power did. Members with leader authorizations, claimed, emptied and conquered internals. Members with power reserved cities, cleared them for BPs and then handed them over to someone else. Members with power up to today have conquered many internals while I am not allowed to conquer any. All these were against our alliance rules, so this also caused frustration within the alliance because not everyone were treated equally.
The fantasy world you live in that you write these details doesn't amaze me because once again it's nearly the opposite of reality, the multiple complaints I had to field over your greedy BP hunting on such targets was proportionally higher for you than any other player I've had to deal with. I am pleased your gone, a bad leader can only help a player if they listen.. you refused help and for all your gold boasting and whoring you're gone. :D
Build up a team Lion, I would love to see an awesome leader do all which I can't.

DeletedUser

Lion you were selfish. In a world where everyone wanted/needed BP, you would clear other peoples claims without a word. The only time you were present in the DEF tab was when LOD attacked you and you wanted us to stack your cities. You would claim internals just to clear them. You never participated in OPS. You never helped our smaller players. The list goes on. You were just all about you.

Then when players would get upset and ask a leader about it, leaders would approach you to try to talk through solutions or advise you that its frowned upon. Your responses were always hostile to the point of you do what you want and we have to deal with it. then you get kicked and we are the worst huh? LOL

DeletedUser

This is something I think should have stayed within the alliance, I got bored reading your "mass mail" and never got to the end , went back to watching some Day Z, but it looks like you didn't get the response you were looking for , no one ever prospers playing the crying game.....

DeletedUser

I don't wanna moan about this, because it is part of the game, however Lion also repeatedly told my leader that he was on our side (whilst in musketeers, we were Barrels of Monkeys) and then when Just Us started attacking he turned, because he was scared of Just Us and, after reading this, clearly saw BP oppurtunities in Monkeys

You played it all wrong Lion. You were a good player, but your mentality was wrong, all wrong

DeletedUser45085

Lion you were selfish. In a world where everyone wanted/needed BP, you would clear other peoples claims without a word. The only time you were present in the DEF tab was when LOD attacked you and you wanted us to stack your cities. You would claim internals just to clear them. You never participated in OPS. You never helped our smaller players. The list goes on. You were just all about you.

Then when players would get upset and ask a leader about it, leaders would approach you to try to talk through solutions or advise you that its frowned upon. Your responses were always hostile to the point of you do what you want and we have to deal with it. then you get kicked and we are the worst huh? LOL

Big Brother disapproves of this oligarchical regime, you forgot that War is Peace. You have to keep the members of your outerparty worried and busy with war. ;)

DeletedUser

Bad Leader
Our leader is named Kron. (then lots of blah blah til this..... We already lost good members because they ragequit and ghosted. Yesterday we lost 3 members who ragequit all together.

then loads more blah blah

I'm qualified to comment here :) I'm the ONE player who rage quit that you mention here, it had absolutely NOTHING to do with Kronn being a bad leader, on the contrary, Kronn is probably the best leader I've ever played alongside, and you can believe me, I've played alongside some good ones. Prt50, Weasy, Stenrun..more than I can mention, all the way back to Xi World and Ithaca. The other 2 who quit left because they supported me as a friend. I have friends, it's nice .. you could try it sometime, Lion. My rage quit was over something else entirely, and it's really nobodies business but it the spirit of sharing here it is...
Selfish players, with more talk than action/skill with which to back it up. Players with no social skills who sneak up behind leadership and try to undermine them, non team players who only advance their position by cruising in on the hard work of others. There was just one too many this time around, and I'd had enough.
Having said all that, and having acted badly by ghosting my cities without warning, (I'm so sorry, it was wrong of me and I sincerely apologise)I'd still back EN to win any server they put their hearts to, because that's what EN do - they fight with heart and spirit.
The rest of you guys with your whining and complaining and your sad little bully stories are simply inadequate Grepo players. Go away, learn how to play then once you get good you might earn the right to badmouth the leadership of an EN alliance, until then find a new stone to crawl under.
:)

DeletedUser9070

While I agree that a massive coalition of alliances takes the fun and challenge out of a server (although it makes sense if they're just crown-hunting -- I don't know what their motives are specifically), I'd have to disagree with you overall. I played with Kron all the way back in Zeta, and the way you're describing him is simply untrue slander.

DeletedUser

Lion.....I read your rant so please read my rant.
I must speak here.
I read and enjoy these forums with no interest in authoring any comments until now.
I am a noob. I came to Grep by accident and quickly fell in love with the game.I didn't even understand what an alliance was but within a week and a half knew I better get with one. I went through about 4 alliances. No activity, no leadership, no mission, no agenda, no sense of direction. I hated it and scanned the map seeing who I thought was growing strategically.
I had about 2000 points 1 city, and never played before, never. I requested membership with EN. My request was clear about I did not know what I was doing and EN certainly did not need me.

Well.......Kron took me in...Hibriten sent an invitation for academy. They took me under their wing......I did some really stupid stuff not understanding how this game worked. They taught me with patience. Hibriten sends me resources to help build CS so I could be involved in big OP that I was definitely not a help in........but he helps me get my 2nd city.
Understand, all the while I am having a ball!!! Fun for an old guy!
Our alliance forum is/was active...team work by most everyone.....it works like a charm and it is from leadership and team. I did see multiple posts of this Lion guy........they were all rants and some just pointless rants in tabs that were not meant for that......I thought at the time....this guy is a cancer to this great team.

As for him attacking Kron and his leadership skills????? Not only is this unfair....it doesnt make sense. Yes the game is for fun.....it is also to win.....I am sorry but why do you attack? It is to win....and when your losing you say the fun was taken out of it....right, its not fun to lose. While veterans could certainly debate my opinion on this, I say, Kron and the team of leaders came in here with a strategy, the strategy was so well thought out and precise that yes, EN won quick. Maybe this was unheard of and you disagree with how it was done, but thats because you lost. Lion feeding the enemies with excuses. It was a leadership strategy that worked so well, its just some off. Attacking an alliance and wearing them down, attacking a city as a team....yeah thats strategy
EN outsmarted Grepolis veterans. This is the what happened. Saying they took the fun out of it doesn't make sense. You play to win. Fun is the benefit.

I am willing to bet here. This strategy will be copied by others......grep will see a new way of warring. EN led the way.
If they cared more about winning more than having fun...........they would have never accepted me. And, helped me get off the ground.
Yeah.....they kicked you Lion.........I really never understood why they didnt kick you sooner. we saw your rants posted, we saw the lack of teamwork from you. But I tell you this.....this alliance is full of teamwork and friends. Yeah I see people get kicked who are not active. And they should.

I got not only all the cities I claimed but was offered cities when I was so small. I was given help for cities that were bigger than me.
Anyway, I don't know where all these disgruntled players are, but I don't see them and I am there.
I thank the alliance for taking me in and helping me learn the game and having patience when they didnt have too. I have so much enjoyed it and when it ends I will not play for another alliance. I will be done with Grep. I have had wonderful conversations with members etc.

I will close with this......yep, EN won quick. The strategy was superior. Thats the problem. I believe there is jealousy out there about this that Lion is helping feed. He seems somewhat unstable. Kron is a kind man, with excellent assertive leadership skills. Hibriten Prateek Drago weasy Preahelios Manster and the rest...i cant remember but they crafted great teamwork....kron led with excellence. Its not fair to slander him this way or the alliance.

I know what its like to be a part of a team, and this is a team. You were not a team player. You wont know me because I am smaller.
Lion......don't let your ego get the better of you............Humble yourself and see the qualities in others.
EN was and is fun but its a game and part of the game is trying to win. If it was won too early.......hhhhhmmm think about that.
Peace be with you Lion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36484

I don't really have any comments on what Lion said or any of the internal "issues" in EN. But I thought I'd put my views down more in response to kyleclay's comments.

EN came to Ialysos with a game plan - that was obvious. To start with an immediate numerical advantage over the other alliances and translate that into an overwhelming numerical advantage as quickly as possible. Then use that to beat down the other alliances on the server one by one until no one was left. By landing in the core they effectively split the other alliances geographically making it very difficult for them to support each other.

And it worked - very well - the server is just about finished in 3 months. The advantage was gained before any serious resistance could be organised and after that the result was inevitable.

I have to say that the forum warriors blaming the rest of the server for not being able to mount an effective resistance is a bit lame. Clearly the game plan relied on that happening - getting a number of disparate alliances all with their own goals and strategies to work together against a single mega-alliance is very difficult - it takes time. And time is all EN needed to cement their advantage.

So - to whoever came up with that game plan - well done - you've proved a point.

But my main issue is with kyleclay's comments about the future of warring in grepolis.

Personally, I don't want to play in a large group of players. I prefer to play with a small group of players that I know well. For me that's the point of the alliance cap - there will always be academies and pacts - that's part of the game - but I prefer to play in small groups with the minimum number of pacts. I've been in alliances where I'm miles away from the frontline and everyone round me is green or blue - it's just boring.

If the future of grepolis is borg alliances moving from server to server ignoring the alliance cap, I'm not interested and I will stop playing. So I sincerely hope that EN's tactic of landing large groups of players on small alliance cap servers is not copied - because it would ruin the game for me and I suspect for many others.

DeletedUser

Its nice to see someone on the outs is not bitter. To your comment of you hoping its not repeated... Joining a small cap server was never our intension. We had just finished up Myonia, and this was the next world with the settings we required. The only bad part was a 40 cap limit. So we faced a choice. Either stay and play a dead Myonia for another month or so until another speed 3 with high cap was released, or do what we did here. My hope is that the next world we join as a group has a higher cap. this way we can play as many others wanted to this server. We did pick our direction, but we couldn't predict that we would land in between all other major alliances so that part was luck. Pair that with a great group of leaders and planning days in advance, this was the outcome.

I don't see this being repeated, or atleast repeated to the effect EN has had. Lets just all pray we can get Admin to drop larger caps in the future.

DeletedUser44856

I don't really have any comments on what Lion said or any of the internal "issues" in EN. But I thought I'd put my views down more in response to kyleclay's comments.

EN came to Ialysos with a game plan - that was obvious. To start with an immediate numerical advantage over the other alliances and translate that into an overwhelming numerical advantage as quickly as possible. Then use that to beat down the other alliances on the server one by one until no one was left. By landing in the core they effectively split the other alliances geographically making it very difficult for them to support each other.

And it worked - very well - the server is just about finished in 3 months. The advantage was gained before any serious resistance could be organised and after that the result was inevitable.

I have to say that the forum warriors blaming the rest of the server for not being able to mount an effective resistance is a bit lame. Clearly the game plan relied on that happening - getting a number of disparate alliances all with their own goals and strategies to work together against a single mega-alliance is very difficult - it takes time. And time is all EN needed to cement their advantage.

So - to whoever came up with that game plan - well done - you've proved a point.

If the future of grepolis is borg alliances moving from server to server ignoring the alliance cap, I'm not interested and I will stop playing. So I sincerely hope that EN's tactic of landing large groups of players on small alliance cap servers is not copied - because it would ruin the game for me and I suspect for many others.

This is what I was trying to say when I first left Ialysos. I do commend EN on their sheer domination of the world, but I was seeing many come to almost brag about it. EN are an effective team, work well. Attacks timed very well. Know each other. They are quite skilled in that aspect. The difference being EN have had all this time to build those ties, that trust.
To expect alliances that I'm sure were all looking at each other ready to go for it, to suddenly have to pull together and work with that same efficiency as EN did is just not fair really. There were disagreements, the trust hadn't been made, teams invited into the group to fight against EN that ended up leaving and siding with them, further putting the question of trust and loyalty to question. The dubbed "anti-coalition coalition" didn't have the same team bond that EN did, they almost lost from the start.

But I want to take nothing away from EN on the basis that they are an effectively ruthless well oiled machine. And I do hope that the next world I see the whole of EN in is a bigger alliance cap due to what was mentioned above. These 'borg' alliance sweeping from world to world with small alliance caps just completely dominating will ruin the game for many players.

DeletedUser36484

Praehelios: You had a choice - you could have not done it.

I, and the people I played with, had been waiting months for a server like that to come along. While me and my friends waited, I played on Conquest servers and other servers and practiced playing. If you really wanted to play a large alliance cap server - you could have waited too.

Or, as I believe another person posted, you could have split up and had the fun of playing against each other. Using the cap to hone your skills as individual players before joining together again for the next big cap server.

It doesn't surprise me that people are bitter about it. You had a choice - you chose to ignore the cap and in consequence ruined the server for those people.

Luckily for people like me, Inno seems to have realised what was going on and have released another low cap server with fast settings. I hope that EN don't do a mass decamp to the new server - you've proved your point - no point in repeating it.