Eviction Notice - Ialysos - We invited too many members

• Thread starter DeletedUser20845
  • Start date

DeletedUser22217

All said is nice, EN may be really nice and good players, but they have totally abused this world's settings and killed it very fast.
Inno had to open similar settings because they lost big group of speed 3 players. Well done by inno, just too late for some players that claim that will not return to this game.
As for EN, if anyone things they would stop doing this to other servers- no way.
This is EN's strategy and they won a few worlds thanks to it.
A friend of mine told me an year ago that they win by making good pacts, what he didn't know is that those pacts were not what regular pacts are, EN always had more then one alliance in a world.
The difference is that in this world this was publicly revealed.
As for EN- well they will get their crowns again, every one of their branch, because seems they had found a way to totally abuse the alliance cap even when it comes to WW.
Maybe the one thing they would change in their next server is to use different usernames and hide their branches better.

However, EN's leaders should be very charming since they get so many friends so easily...but I think that social networks are for this.
Most people come to grepo to play a war game. EN have changed that, not sure if there will be wars like there were before, at least in speed 3 since EN prefer them.

DeletedUser36743

I wrote this post to tell my story about my days in the server en73 Ialysos and my alliance named Eviction Notice.

The reason I am posting this now is because my alliance kicked me today. I wanted to post this one month ago, but I didn't because that would make my alliance angry. I have seen our members complain about our alliance after they have been removed/left and their statements are somehow biased due to their frustration. I will try to base my opinion on reason, without getting too emotional. I will describe the events that concern my alliance as they happened.

Who am I
I am a member of the alliance Eviction Notice since the the 2nd week of our server en73 Ialysos. My cities are based in the core, at the o45 corner. I was the top ABP player in my sub-clan Musketeers, 3rd ABP player on the Eviction Notice coalition and on the top 10 ABP on our server.

Info about the server en73 Ialysos
Speed 3/3. Alliance cap 40.

Short story of how Eviction Notice won Ialysos
We arrived in o54 with a coalition of 3 alliances, total of 120 players. Within the first weeks they added 2 academies, total 200 players.

We killed very easily the top alliances. Most enemy alliances had 30-40 members. Sometimes we faced alliances with 40 players + an academy and late in the game we faced 40 + 40.

If I add the short term pacts we did, our members reach roughly 350 players. Yep, our allaince even did pacts with shared forums and timed OPs against our enemies, lol. There were a ridiculous number of NAPs also, which I will analyze later on. One could say our team had 350-450 players at some point (considering the naps and pacts we made).

There was never a real challenge with any enemy, it was all on easy mode. We were just clearing cities every time we picked on an alliance.

Too many members
On my first week on Ialysos a wise man named Dangerm0use told me: ''Lion, don't bother playing in this server. The top alliance has invited way too many players.'' Back then I ignored him. I thought that I will just join the top alliance, have some fun while easily killing the enemy with our overwhelming numbers. But, after 2 weeks in my alliance I understood what was the problem.

The problem is that the huge numbers of our alliance spoiled the fun for their own members. We were winning. But who cares? We were not having fun. It was too easy.

Here are the main issues that wasn't fun in the alliance. Our huge numbers had all the cities on our starting ocean o54. So the travel time to attack any enemy city was big. We couldn't attack anything in sight, everything was blue and green. Again everything was green and blue because you had all these naps and pacts. The only enemy in sight was the next tiny alliance we were killing.

Here are the main reasons that the huge player numbers lead to the failure:
1) Having so many players helped us kill easily any enemy alliance. There was no real enemy to fight. So, this lead our members fighting each other. We were finding countless things to quarrel within the alliance. Eventually we had extreme reactions like people rage quitting/ghosting ,leaving for another alliance on the rim or going inactive/simming.
2) Too many members whining means that you have to find a way to make them quite. So, we made rules. Then we made more rules. And before we knew what we had done, our rules created more and more complaints because we didn't follow them. Let me tell you one thing, the top alliance must not have rules. If you need to make so many rules then it means that there is something rotten within the alliance and you need to fix it asap.

Bad Leader
Our leader is named Kron. I blame him for the failure. He shouldn't have made such a big alliance in this server, this was the source of all the problems.
When I joined the alliance I asked if there were going to be any pacts. I insisted on this. He said no pacts. It seems that was a lie.

Kron. I advise you lower the numbers of your players on your next server. Right now you have a lot of unhappy members in your team. People do speak up from time to time and there is a lot of talk behind the scenes. We already lost good members because they ragequit and ghosted. Yesterday we lost 3 members who ragequit all together.

About Ialysos. If you want to avoid mass quitting in the near future, let LoD build up. If you don't have any enemies left our members will leave the server.

My story
At the start of the server I was the top ABP player in our team. Shortly we started adding rules. He is my 1st mistake I did according to my leader. One of the rules that caused quarrels was saying ''Do not attack a city that has been claimed by another member. Do not steal his BPs.'' I ignored that rule and kept attacking enemy cities that have been claimed by our members. Our leader threatened me and I stopped doing that.

We were doing OPs against those tiny alliances as I said earlier. I always helped on the clearing revolt attacks and conquered cities whenever cities were close to me. One day we did an OP against the alliance named Just Us. There was a list of cities that we should attack and conquer. I did attack those cities, but meanwhile I conquered 3 cities within 13 hours from a Just Us enemy. This was the 2nd mistake I did according to my leader.

The 3rd mistake was concerning internal claims. After the third city I conquered from an inactive alliance member, my leader messaged me and protested. He was very unhappy that I was conquering internals and gave me an order to conquer my next internal after 3 weeks.

Meanwhile let me describe you one of the several ''unfair'' things members of power did. Members with leader authorizations, claimed, emptied and conquered internals. Members with power reserved cities, cleared them for BPs and then handed them over to someone else. Members with power up to today have conquered many internals while I am not allowed to conquer any. All these were against our alliance rules, so this also caused frustration within the alliance because not everyone were treated equally.

Here is the fourth mistake. At that day our alliance had pacts with the Grim alliances, some naps and we were attacking the alliance LoD. That day and the previous days I kept revolting the leaders of the enemy alliance LoD. Also, I decided to attack with my 200 LSs a small alliance in the south named Barbarians. I did some damaged and then bragged on Skype. My leader comes along and frustrated complains that I attacked Barbarians. He said that I must not attack them. We had no pact ,no nap with Barbarians.

The next day. Our leader asks me to leave my sub-clan and join the main clan, named Eviction Notice. I left my sub-clan, went offline and waited for an invitation. I woke up and the whole alliance was attacking me. LOL - my leader had sent a mass mail and made OP against me.

I made a mass mail explaining what happened and they invited me again. My leader ordered me to write an apology post saying it was my fault, which I refused to do.

That day I told my leader that I will change my gameplay. I said that I will stop collecting BPs as I used to and devote less hours in the game. My leader accepted it.

One month passed since then, I kept collecting some ABPs and doing some damage to our enemy alliance LoD.

Then we did another OP against the enemy alliance LoD. We had a list of targets with cities once again. I decided to conquer some cities outside the list. I took 3 cities within 13 hours from a LoD member.

Two days after my alliance Eviction Notice kicked me from the alliance, kicked me from Skype, conquered my cities. They didn't give any explanation.

My leader is not communicating with me atm. I found out from my pals in the alliance that they said in a Skype chat they kicked me because I was inactive.

I am active. I am still collecting BPs. I did conquer 3 cities from the alliance we were attacking. Eviction Notice exploits pacts, naps and even their own members. You are next.
Screen_shot_2014_04_01_at_11_22_23_PM.png

Screen_shot_2014_04_01_at_11_21_38_PM.png

Why are they conquering me now
They decided to conquer my cities now, because they are in excellent locations, well built, with offensive units for BPs. Just exploiting their power.

One of our members once said ''We need many embers because most of us will leave.''
I have to say that I have played in alliances that didn't invite half the server to survive. They just invited almost the alliance cap and then kept inviting a few good players to fill the gaps of the inactive. Maybe the reason that you have learned to play with big numbers is because our team pushes our members to rage quit.

My ally named Shock said this to one of our enemies once: ''You chose the wrong team, I chose the winning team.''
I want to ask you Shock. Was it worth it? We have won the server so early. You used so much gold and energy to become the top player on this server. Now our enemies and even our team is leaving Ialysos. Wouldn't it be more fun if we continued playing for at least 12 more months? We will never reach the world wonder era.

To all the unhappy members of Eviction Notice
I have talked with close friends that are sick of the way they are treated in our alliance and I assume there are many more who feel the same. If you people are unhappy with our alliance, just click the reset button, leave the server. Our alliance has spoiled the fun not only for the enemies but for our own members as well. What is the point of playing a game that isn't fun? Wait for the next server, one will open soon.

You need professional help mate....deluded and so full of urself.... I knew there was something seriously amiss in the first five minutes when you arrived to the Titans.... fortunately for me poor Weasy took the headache off my hands...

DeletedUser

All said is nice, EN may be really nice and good players, but they have totally abused this world's settings and killed it very fast. Inno had to open similar settings because they lost big group of speed 3 players. Well done by inno, just too late for some players that claim that will not return to this game. As for EN, if anyone things they would stop doing this to other servers-no way. This is EN's strategy and they won a few worlds thanks to it. A friend of mine told me an year ago that they win by making good pacts, what he didn't know is that those pacts were not what regular pacts are, EN always had more then one alliance in a world. The difference is that in this world this was publicly revealed. As for EN- well they will get their crowns again, every one of their branch, because seems they had found a way to totally abuse the alliance cap even when it comes to WW. Maybe the one thing they would change in their next server is to use different usernames and hide their branches better.

However, EN's leaders should be very charming since they get so many friends so easily...but I think that social networks are for this. Most people come to grepo to play a war game. EN have changed that, not sure if there will be wars like there were before, at least in speed 3 since EN prefer them.

I underlined a few parts of your post. Then I went to inno's website, and clicked on "Grepolis". The FACTS in the game details section states not once, but TWICE that this is a game of STRATEGY. Not WAR, STRATEGY. You have pointed out in your previous comment that this move was part of EN's STRATEGY to win this server. Yet you claim we abused the game? Fact of the matter is, this is 90% Strategy, 10% War. Alliances that make no pacts, have no allegiances, attack at will, FALL. ALWAYS. Never, in the history of the game, has one alliance taken on everyone at the beginning and won, without numbers. Weather it be starting with them, or gaining them through NAPS/Pacts. That is Grepolis. As we are all aware...In war, numbers &/or strategy are the most important to survival. We have both, which is why we have dominated. However don't be mistaken. Had we had 40 members, we still would have done what we have done here, it just would have taken us much longer, and meant for us to take on unnecessary NAPS/Pacts. Either way, EN will always prevail. They came in Myonia as one of the smaller alliances, then built their way up taking in players whom they defeated. Through war, they built friendships. This is why ever server, they put forth a potential server winning team.

Also as some food for thought, when we engaged in war with AA, whom you were part of. It was our 5 alliance coalition, against your 3 alliances(ArchAngels, Arch Angels, ArkAngels). You were not outnumbered by much considering we were still at war with Just Us/Only Us at that time, as well as exchanging attacks with LOD. The factor you don't want to admit, is we are 5 full of killers, and your alliance only had a handful of them.

ENisaDREAMTEAM!

http://[URL=http://s686.photobucket.com/user/xSwaG/media/7136713b-3c01-4ec2-bec4-c6e89f1c0ef8_zpsa1cc7d43.png.html] [/URL]

DeletedUser36743

....Inno had to open similar settings because they lost big group of speed 3 players. Well done by inno, just too late for some players that claim that will not return to this game....

Utter hogwash....where did you get authnticated info on this...or is it "general" whining/pontification ??

....A friend of mine told me an year ago that they win by making good pacts, what he didn't know is that those pacts were not what regular pacts are, EN always had more then one alliance in a world. The difference is that in this world this was publicly revealed....

Oh really....and just what is a 'regular' pact ??.... you make it sound like this 'irregularity' is an abuse....run along then...raise a ticket...get us banned or whatever....or quit whining

...As for EN- well they will get their crowns again, every one of their branch, because seems they had found a way to totally abuse the alliance cap even when it comes to WW....

Are you suggesting Inno has some special rules for EN ??...something that you plebs dont ??..... and is that admiration I sense or it is you lamenting your luck that you are a noob and dont know the frontend from the backend of a Horse ??

....Maybe the one thing they would change in their next server is to use different usernames and hide their branches better.....

In your dreams mate...we will come for you and we will tear the moaners a new one....we play for this....

....However, EN's leaders should be very charming since they get so many friends so easily...

You got this absolutely right....

....Most people come to grepo to play a war game. EN have changed that, not sure if there will be wars like there were before, at least in speed 3 since EN prefer them....

You sound like you are one of those players who want to play a war game....funny you run away with your barbies the moment war starts....

learn to play the game...grow up....try and out think us... and stop whining

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The funny thing is that you guys still think you're plan was spot on, a masterpiece!

DeletedUser

It drove everyone we engaged to the rim or ghost town. You have to admit it was effective Tom.

If the goal was to crush the world within 3 months, sure it was:p

What people are saying is that you ruined a world with perfect settings and i am amazed you did not see it comming.

DeletedUser

If the goal was to crush the world within 3 months, sure it was:p

What people are saying is that you ruined a world with perfect settings and I am amazed you did not see it coming.
Honestly, I didnt think it would be THAT bad. I figured many alliances would have academies and pacts due to low cap. I didn't see the world going the way it did as fast as it did. Honestly when I seen all the alliances day one It just reassured me it wouldn't end that way. I was wrong.

DeletedUser41851

Tom. just butt of. You run at the first site of EN everywhere so. Don't come and post here where real players hang out. Run of to a new server. And when EN start attacking you there. Do what you do best. Ghost and whine.

DeletedUser36484

I'm surprised by the EN posters on here. They really do not understand what they have done - and why people are so annoyed about it. Either that or they know exactly what they have done - and don't care.

Inno release worlds with different settings for a reason. There is no "one size fits all" approach to playing the game: some people prefer slower worlds, some faster. Some people, like myself, like playing in small alliances and some, like EN players it seems, like playing in large alliances. Inno cater for all these preferences by releasing worlds with different settings.

That's all fine, everyone gets to play the sort of game they like - in theory.

What EN did on Ialysos was effectively change the game settings. They turned a small cap world into a large cap world by turning up as a single mega-alliance right from the start and, as has already been pointed out, short-cutting all the diplomacy, etc. required to build up a large group of players like that on a small cap server.

That's equivalent, in my mind, to turning up to a poker tournament, announcing that everyone has to play blackjack and then wondering why people get up and leave. It's not because they are scared or bad players it's because they don't want to play that game. "Play my game or you're chicken" seems to be the EN approach and you wonder why people call you bullies.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of the small cap players have been waiting months for a server with perfect settings like that and you spoiled it for them and you might understand why a lot of people have got upset about it.

Think about it.

DeletedUser36743

I'm surprised by the EN posters on here. They really do not understand what they have done - and why people are so annoyed about it. Either that or they know exactly what they have done - and don't care.

Inno release worlds with different settings for a reason. There is no "one size fits all" approach to playing the game: some people prefer slower worlds, some faster. Some people, like myself, like playing in small alliances and some, like EN players it seems, like playing in large alliances. Inno cater for all these preferences by releasing worlds with different settings.

What EN did on Ialysos was effectively change the game settings. They turned a small cap world into a large cap world by turning up as a single mega-alliance right from the start and, as has already been pointed out, short-cutting all the diplomacy, etc. required to build up a large group of players like that on a small cap server.

That's equivalent, in my mind, to turning up to a poker tournament, announcing that everyone has to play blackjack and then wondering why people get up and leave. It's not because they are scared or bad players it's because they don't want to play that game. "Play my game or you're chicken" seems to be the EN approach and you wonder why people call you bullies.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of the small cap players have been waiting months for a server with perfect settings like that and you spoiled it for them and you might understand why a lot of people have got upset about it.

Think about it.

Whilst I can see your point....in a war game or indeed any game....you play with the cards you are dealt.....

Our game play style may be inconvenient....extreme or whatever....you all will have to learn to deal with it

DeletedUser36484

Playing with the cards I am dealt is fine - I can deal with that when everyone is playing the same game.

I was playing poker (small alliance cap style grepolis) you changed the game to blackjack (large alliance cap style grepolis). I don't want to play blackjack.

If it is EN's plan to invade all low cap worlds with your pre-made mega-alliance on day one then I'll stop playing. Not because I'm scared of losing but because I'm not interested in playing that style of game.

What I don't understand is why, if you want to play large alliance grepolis, you don't play on worlds with large alliance caps and leave the worlds with small alliance caps to the players who prefer playing them. Just seems very selfish to me.

DeletedUser45085

would like to point out one thing, 160 members going into 1 alliance with 160 alliance cap server would have went into one ocean or spread across 2. 160 members going into 4 alliances in a 40 alliance cap server could spread across all 4 core oceans. I dont know how things started in ialy, but if there is a premade coalition spread over the core oceans into separate alliances, with a premade plan, it doesnt give the rest time to organize and plan to counter.

I dont think that people are worried that this strategy would be replicated in low cap servers, alone. I dont see anything preventing alliances from abusing this in 200 alliance cap servers... instead of going into one ocean as one unit, spread into 4 oceans with 40 players in each and taking on alliances from more than 1 front.

It takes the fun out of the game for both sides, it is more fun to join a world and gauge the different alliances present, try to look for pacts that would suit you, make short term and long term plans with your members and allies. and go on from there.

DeletedUser44220

What I don't understand is why, if you want to play large alliance grepolis, you don't play on worlds with large alliance caps and leave the worlds with small alliance caps to the players who prefer playing them. Just seems very selfish to me.

This has already been explained multiple times, and I'm going to do it one more time (although I have no idea what the premade plan for this world is/was). EN won Myonia, which had a large alliance cap. EN likes speed 3 revolt worlds. Now please point me in the right direction of another speed 3 revolt world, apart from Ialysos, that started after Myonia was won.

You're talking about people being selfish, while you would like others not to join a world with the settings they desire, because they apparently spoiled your fun. One thing in Praehelios' last post explains that the impact EN made on Ialysos was not foreseen. EN did not intentionally overwhelm other alliances or intentionally try to spoil your fun. EN just joined the first new world with the settings they like and the friends they want to play with. Would you have predicted this when staring into your crystal ball early January?

Apparently EN joining with their amount of players made you and other guys quit as you/they were not up to this kind of challenge. Fair and understandable, I wouldn't have fun if the only thing I could do was defend (no matter how good I was/would be at it). But blaming EN for 'killing' a server is ridiculous. The only party you could blame, in my opinion, is Innogames as they failed in providing the right server sequence for the right players. And they made up for that by launching a new server (I'm eager to see the comments on the 3 alliance premade that landed there).

Neither you nor the other players complaining about EN in this thread are entitled to determine that all the EN players just should have waited for an undisclosed period of time for a speed 3 revolt server with large alliance cap and denying them to join and play with their friends. Who are you to determine the constraints for someone's leisure/hobby?

DeletedUser36484

ok - so they were not foreseen.

So I assume that EN will not be repeating what they did on Nysa then?

Because who are you to determine the constraints for someone's leisure/hobby.

DeletedUser19318

lol... this all just cracks me up.. ruining other peoples game or determining the constraints for someone elses hobby!! hahahahaha... what you think taking a persons only city doesn't ruin the game?? I love all this trolling!!! I get just about as much pleasure reading all the drivel in the forum as I do from destroying other players alliances..
Black jack game?? umm no this is still grepolis and it's grepolis with 150 member cap and it's grepolis with a 40 member cap.. the difference in numbers creates issues in running and organising the team and when you have players like PRT50 & Weasy organising awesome opps Sicilano Drago on player politics and external politics.. Hibriton on training of newer players, Preahelios on externals, actually the list goes on.. so many I could list for the various inputs they do in Stats, maps, intel..etc the point becomes we do well what we do.. the best similarly would be you are turning up to a 500 tournament looking a for a partner to play competitively .. we already have our partner sorted, they know our play.. we are a team.. you need to get better partnerships working.

Nice to see you here Tom.. once you become a betrayer it's interesting to see how you can't hold a team together or get others to trust and work with you.. I guess your reputation precedes you.

The World isn't ruined for us folks.. it's actually fine and dandy!

DeletedUser19396

The funny thing is that you guys still think you're plan was spot on, a masterpiece!

Facts about Tom......

In Gythium he was a Musketeer (EN without kronnoss as the main leader)

In Myonia he contacted EN (under a different name) to ask for a pact and for support. Within weeks (with our support in his cities) he formed an alliance to take us on. It only lasted a few weeks before he VMed and then quit.

We (EN and company) came to this world knowing that LOD and Virus were here. We did do a few things knowing that they would both be challenging enemies ( I guess we were wrong about that).

We decided job one was claiming an ocean and taking it. We were doing this when the attacks started by both of these alliances. Do I blame them? No. But I do see their STRATEGY and game play as lacking here. This could have been a much different world if they had played their strategic game the way EN did. Build your core before you scrap with the other big alliances

ArchAngels couldn't resist hitting our remote cities while we were warring with Just Us. It took us less than 24 hours and about 20 cities for the crying to start on the externals. Why is it that the alliances who start these conflicts are the first to cry when the attention gets focused on them.

You may notice that EN and friends have now slimmed down to even the odds. There are only 3 alliances now. This has been in the works for 3 weeks. What the hell happened to our biggest challenge? LOD folded within 3 days of the attacks starting.

I for one want to see an alliance other than EN back up some claims of being able to win this Strategy game. In the past three worlds we have had a few that deserve a ton of respect.

Rho- VIRUS they were the best small team I have ever fought against.

EN started in ocean 44 as one of the top 4 alliances. They stayed in the NW and cleared their quadrant before heading into the NE to take out MR MEN (my original alliance).

Gythium-Jelly Baby Squad (Evil Eyes on US server) great fight guys

Musketeers started in ocean 44 and cleared their ocean first before heading south and east

Myonia- both No Pants allowed and Wargasm probably our longest and best fight ever

EN started two weeks late on the server in ocean 63 with eleven players. Through diplomacy and war we grew to number two. Then we took on the number one alliance League of Legions.

Ialyos (or Jalyos) not a single alliance has stood up to more than 3 days of attacks.

EN is now down to 3 alliances. There are still plenty of potential opponents out there. There is plenty of life left in this world.

To answer the original poster of this thread.....

Lion we tried to work with you. Many times. IN the past three weeks you had been contacted a dozen times by leaders and never once answered one of them. You were no longer a part of our team, so your were booted and treated as such. Good luck in future worlds, however I war all other alliances that this is not a player you want as a TEAM member.

DeletedUser33512

Rho- VIRUS they were the best small team I have ever fought against.

EN started in ocean 44 as one of the top 4 alliances. They stayed in the NW and cleared their quadrant before heading into the NE to take out MR MEN (my original alliance).

Those were the days. :D

DeletedUser

Think about it.
We have never said play our game or youre chicken, nor bullied anyone. We are simply playing our game. If you dont like it you are free to leave as many have. No skin off our backs. Those whom wanted a challenge, stayed. Those whom didnt want to lose, left.