Evolution-what they really are

DeletedUser

Evolution are a good big alliance. Thats all there is to it. I keep looking at posts calling them evil and think "thats not fair"

They are made of some of the best players around and are an amazing alliance.

Seems to me that some people cant take the fact that they are getting beaten by Evo so call them evil and 'BAD'

Evo are one of the best alliances around and I take my hat off to them. To all the alliances fighting them, keep it up. It keeps the game fun ;)

Evo kick people because they dont reach targets. People that get citys taken are people that cant play grepolis right so it is linked to them getting the boot but not like if you get a city taken you get kicked way, that would just be stupid.

Just attack them with style, dont go off in the forums calling them evil, thats just not fair. Just fight them, and if they win, so what? Its just a game after all. If they take one of your citys, try to get it back orjust take another city. Its all part of the fun ;)

PS:I am not part of Evo or a spy for Evo. I am actually on the side trying to crush them ;) I just dont like seeing random people that get attacked call them evil.

DeletedUser

Evo kick people because they dont reach targets. People that get citys taken are people that cant play grepolis right so it is linked to them getting the boot but not like if you get a city taken you get kicked way, that would just be stupid.

Mate, you've got not one iota of who these players are that got kicked. These were good strong players. These players got absolutely no support, zilch! nothing! scotch mist! How can these players meet targets when they are being swamped by opposition? Where was the help?

Who are you anyway?

Regarding the evil Evo, yes Grepolis is a game and keep it in the context of the game . :rolleyes:

DeletedUser15533

smittyhmm as Evo has stated the players that got booted were 9 times out of 10 a lack of comunication so thats probably why it seemed like they had no support they ether were not asking for support or were not giving enough info on the attacks if the leaders say so i am not going too call them a liar without fair reason which there is none where are the testamony's from the so called "good strong players" not on the external forums thats for sure

DeletedUser

Evolution are a good big alliance. Thats all there is to it. I keep looking at posts calling them evil and think "thats not fair"

They are made of some of the best players around and are an amazing alliance.

Seems to me that some people cant take the fact that they are getting beaten by Evo so call them evil and 'BAD'

Evo are one of the best alliances around and I take my hat off to them. To all the alliances fighting them, keep it up. It keeps the game fun ;)

Just attack them with style, dont go off in the forums calling them evil, thats just not fair. Just fight them, and if they win, so what? Its just a game after all. If they take one of your citys, try to get it back orjust take another city. Its all part of the fun ;)

PS:I am not part of Evo or a spy for Evo. I am actually on the side trying to crush them ;) I just dont like seeing random people that get attacked call them evil.

I don't call them bad or evil. I think what they stand for is mostly based on their actions, not forum talk.

1. Evo call themselves elite players who rule the world and leave other "less than elite" players behind in failing alliances. Then once their alliances are dissolved, the elite Evolution recruits those same players originally kicked. Now, most of them have just been kicked again, part of Evo3. So you call this a heartwarming case of second chances, correct? I mean, jpitre should be thankful he was given such a honor to serve with Evo for those couple weeks while Evo recruiting went hay-wire!

2. Evo sends support to their players, then if they don't like the way they request help, they say they are "bothersome." I mean, anyone who can't set their alarm clock to activate their militia or send support to nipping attacks before they land are just inconsiderate losers. Who are they to play this game?

3. Evo sets "targets" for players to meet as if it's some kind of standardized test. It's kind of like when you marry your partner and he or she decides after the honeymoon that you need to be "changed." I guess this is their compassion to help their members become just like them?

The Baslisk, I respect you, but this is essentially your sugar-coated argument above. Evo is considerate, elite, and to be admired while the players they kick are low-lives (who just happen to find their way into your own alliance).

I'm the first to admit I am not an elite player, maybe not even a good player, and few in my alliance could use the "elite" moniker. That is why I have a hard time listening to how players are bothersome or not good enough and Evo players are the best. Much of the time, the player's motivation & ability is a reflection on the alliance itself in engaging their players, not the player himself/herself. Its just common people playing a game, there's no supermen or heroes here.

Everyone enjoy their Valentine's Day.

DeletedUser

When did we call ourselves "Elite"? I don't see that anywhere. We've called ourselves active. We've called ourselves aggressive. We've called ourselves team players. We've called ourselves friends.

Many of us have the stats to be called "Elite", but I don't think anyone of us has ever called Evo "Elite". That's the title you've all given us. Personally I don't like it. I'm just active and aggressive and enjoy playing grepolis maybe more than I enjoy watching television.

The players that got booted aren't low lives. I'm not sure where a statement like that was ever made. It is true that a player screaming in the forum and not taking the necessary measures to help us help them and/or to help themselves is bothersome. But...the game belongs to the rest of the members in the alliance too, and we should be free to enjoy it as much as the next person. So...when a player tells me that they don't have time to provide information or look up BBcodes or log on when under attack then all I can say is "I don't have time for you either".

dot3 was a mistake. It was not supposed to last as long as it did and we weren't supposed to be recruiting into it. It's an unfortunate mistake that these players got in, as they clearly didn't want to play the game the way we do. That's OK...there are plenty of places for them to play the way they choose...it's just not with us. Perhaps they should move on and find an alliance more suited to them.

DeletedUser

I like how BASLISK constantly praises Evolution and what their intentions are, yet he urges them to war with D12 and is the leader of the so-called coalition who is allegedly conspiring against Evo, but won't attack alot of their players. Awesome stuff. You should make a post on what the intentions of The Forgotten are, rather than always posting about Evolution.

That being said, I always thought Evolution was a great alliance, and that's why we fired first. I mean, even if they didn't pick up the refugees in Ocean 64 that we were gunning for, it was only a matter of time before we bumped heads. They have many faults, but what can you expect with so many big players?

That's why we stayed small. It works for us. We can call ourselves Elite ;)

DeletedUser

I like Evo, great alliance, but I am at war with them yes. So what? Many people praise alliances they are at war with.

DeletedUser

I was going to write a long response to this, but decided against it. Evo is our family and we run it as a team. If anyone doesn't like how we work inside that is your opinion and I respect that.

Our players love being in Evo and thats good enough for me :)

Thanks Baslisk for your kind comments though :)

DeletedUser

Just going to throw my tuppence into this one i feel.
Not fully knowing what doctorine evo are working to now, am guessing it hasn't changed much or at all from day 1 of this world.
Firstly most of the origonal were players from Eta who were together in the spartans.
On this world opening around 20-25 top spartans all came over to iota with one intention.
Rule Iota from day. gather all good players from nearby and gather them into a formidable alliance.
Recruiting went better than expected and i forget who we all were back then but we had enough for one near full alliance and good sized II.
we knew who was aggressive like us and made certain pacts with them which stood right up to the eventual merge of the 2 power houses into one.
throughout this entire server evo (LEGION) it has alsways been the plan to be No1 and rule iota.
and that's exactly what they strive to do.
so if you are at war with them or just fighting them enjoy it for what it is.
if you win great if you lose (like me) not the end of the world you either re start or move to another world. every world has a super alliance or 2 maybe even 3.
doesn't make them evil or bullies.
just people who play alot because they enjoy it.

DeletedUser

I am a very small player, just learning the game and having come late to this world on top of that. After having my initial alliance hijacked, I joined a small alliance that is now well engaged with fringe elements of Evolution. I'd like to think we helped play a small part in getting Evo3dots to be disbanded; they protected their cities poorly, attacked coordinated defense worse and were getting run over wherever they faced competent opponents.

Evolution is, at its core, well organized and filled with plenty of scary players who could run over most alliances singlehandedly. That's not really hyperbole; some of their players have the skills and the weight of cities to do just that. At the same time, it's also a big parking lot filled with players who have 20+ cities but don't have the types of skill you would associate with that size. That makes their gameplay a bit spotty. In some areas, I'd rather jump into the wood chipper voluntarily than face them. In others, they take on aspects of a paper tiger.

That's why you're going to get conflicting opinions about Evolution. It's also why how people feel about Evolution is a bit contrarian. Personally, I don't think of Evolution as a single alliance because the variances are great. How they play (and how well) in some oceans is very different from others.

DeletedUser

Very Well Put...

Some of their players have the skills and the weight of cities to do just that. At the same time, it's also a big parking lot filled with players who have 20+ cities but don't have the types of skill you would associate with that size. That makes their gameplay a bit spotty. In some areas, I'd rather jump into the wood chipper voluntarily than face them. In others, they take on aspects of a paper tiger.

I absolutely agree with the above statement. So Far, "Paper Tigers"(Great analogy/name btw.)are all I've seen that Evo's Have been. a 20+ city player Just lost One city, and Im just about to take his other. ::Wicked Grin:: I especially like how "Well Versed" Evo's have been as of late when it comes to game mechanics. I mean defending with 220 Light ships!? ::Maniacal Laugh:: Talk about Free BP's! I'll post shortly who my latest EVO victim is once I take their other City. I would just LOVE to know how this player became so Big yet is clueless on how to play.

P.s. Egami, Your a great communicator, It's a very rare find in any Forum Now a days. ;)

"We Do NOT Forgive,
We Do NOT Forget,
We are THE DEATH CRUSADERS.
Expect US..."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Every alliance has it's weakness because every member have their weak spots.
(be it strategic or catching them with their pants down)
The best way to learn this is to actually fight them singly and as a alliance.
If people just sit back and only react then you allow them to plan to there hearts content and secure them selves in any newly gained locations.

I respect Evolution for there multiple ways of playing this game (apart from the odd vacation mode happy member )out for a day sort of thing).

Saying that I will be a very happy player if most of my future city's are ex Evolution city's.
(head count so far 2 pre evolution and 1 current).

DeletedUser

am guessing you just got lucky and hit a nuke city.
nothing to do with defending a city with LS.
and yes it would be nice BP.
every now and again you'll hit a surprise in raids.
like hitting a CS just out of the dock and like you a nuke city while the member is offline.
is it just my pc or is my sig still coming up?????
think i have a glitch.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't hate Evo ;) hehe

I think it's a secret love thing lol like when you were kids and the boys pulled the girls hair :D

DeletedUser

So u must not get alot of time to play cause being a leader and Mod for forum must suck to be you at times

DeletedUser

I still get time to fight :) and somehow fit in a social life too lol

I mod in-game rather than forum tho and it's not a busy world :)

DeletedUser

Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhǐ lǎohǔ (simplified Chinese: 纸老虎; traditional Chinese: 紙老虎), meaning something that seems as threatening as a tiger, but is really harmless. This Chinese colloquialism is similar to the English phrase "its bark is worse than its bite".

So who do you think are the PAPER TIGERS in Evo i would like to hear the names you guys think don't have any bite to them .

DeletedUser

you know when someone submits a support ticket.. I answer them :)