Evolution Who Are You Not In War with ?

DeletedUser

I have to say, I agree with lozza on Hive. They have been helping out in a few ways with the coalition but mainly just friends supporting friends. However, many things that lozza said are very bad for a pact alliance.

Not cool Hive, not cool.

Honest Baslisk - As a former member and also as a co founder of the so called coalition - Should you be quit about things that had been told you/Also as you as far I know are taking the honner for The Hive to join in against EVO.

If you want people to find you trustworthy - Then turn down your ego a bit, otherwise Im affraid you are loosing alot of respect around

You had lost mine..........

DeletedUser

I like certain members of Hive but dislike timothy. Ladyjane is fine but Hive have never actually been part ofthe coalition as they were in a pact with Evo and I thought it a bit risky to get them involved.

Now, who knows. Maybe they will join. I have been pressing them since the start of the coalition to join with us. Perhaps now they will give in and join.

DeletedUser

So exactly what's the grand total of cities taken vs. cities lost for the Coalition since they've been "fighting" against Evo?

Just curious.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So exactly what's the grand total of cities taken vs. cities lost for the Coalition since they've been "fighting" against Evo?

Just curious.:rolleyes:

Actually - Im want to know it to. But to lazy to do the hard work. Please some one - Get to the desk and do some calculate ;)

DeletedUser

I like certain members of Hive but dislike timothy. Ladyjane is fine but Hive have never actually been part ofthe coalition as they were in a pact with Evo and I thought it a bit risky to get them involved.

Now, who knows. Maybe they will join. I have been pressing them since the start of the coalition to join with us. Perhaps now they will give in and join.

I just started hearing about a coalition here on the forum. In fact nothing has been brought up but that we had a coalition working against us, the Hive. If someone could list the members of this coalition, then maybe the Hive could determine whether we have been allies with some of those of this coalition. Other than that, we have no idea what this is, what it consists of, and no recollection of being a part of this as we are accused by some who just assume and speak all kinds of falsehood. Seems to me people have just been trying to stir up trouble between super powers, so that they might sit aside as we destroy one another and become the next super power. Many things might be cleared up by talking to the party involved, instead of just flying off the handle and starting something you might never finish. :)

DeletedUser

I just started hearing about a coalition here on the forum. In fact nothing has been brought up but that we had a coalition working against us, the Hive. If someone could list the members of this coalition, then maybe the Hive could determine whether we have been allies with some of those of this coalition. Other than that, we have no idea what this is, what it consists of, and no recollection of being a part of this as we are accused by some who just assume and speak all kinds of falsehood. Seems to me people have just been trying to stir up trouble between super powers, so that they might sit aside as we destroy one another and become the next super power. Many things might be cleared up by talking to the party involved, instead of just flying off the handle and starting something you might never finish. :)

Just so you know a couple of leaders in the hive confirmed that some players were supporting coalition members. I was informed that had been no order centrally to do this, but they knew it was being done and chose not to stop it. We haven't just made a rash decision.

This has been as a result of weeks of talks with hive leaders and many discussions within Evo. Going to war with the Hive was not something we wanted to do and many of us were reluctant to given the history with both Legion and Athenian and Elite Shadows before that.

DeletedUser

you haven't answered the question yet : who are the coalition members?

DeletedUser

Yeah, the whole point is no one, other than a certain few, actually know. Its to keep Evo off their tails ;)

But Evo have worked out a few alliances ;) They still dont know all of them though.

DeletedUser

Baslisk quit honestly unless they are kicking our buts then really they aren't of interest to us at all.. if you've got some alliance hiding in the shadows without the guts to be fully supporting you in the open and providing you with some offensive power then well whats the point of them being in the coalition.

And you're assuming we don't know.. I mean we knew about the hive ;)

DeletedUser12774

with due respect...does what we knew was really what we saw or it was just came from the others mouth?

DeletedUser

If you don't like it then you won't be upset that you are no longer in a pact with us :p

oh and by the way, you say you don't like our philosophy.. you'd be surprised how many of your allies have mailed me in the past day and offered to assist in taking you down because they hate your policy on refugees.. even those that we are at war with.. so in general it appears that our policies are prefered to yours

My policy on refugees? You kind of twisted the subject here between policies and philosophies. As for philosophy, I would rather hold tight on sound doctrine. I kicked a player for attacking one of yours before this war began. I even suggested that we have a shared forum for claims against common enemies. Anyone that will come, may come. Of course my definition of a refugee is much different from yours and even weaker people have value especially when given some help to become stronger. Of course evolution does not think that many have such value but survival of the fittest speaks that some are just better than others, as compassion on the other hand lifts up those from the pit and helps them to stand on their own two feet. Of course as for policies and popularity, I am not a man-pleaser.

The problem with many on all sides is that they do not talk to one another one on one enough, but there is a bunch of heresay and assumptions. To think that we have it all together and know everything about how it all unfolded is arrogant. Guilt by association comes to mind but of course I am in the Hive and I stick with the Hive as a loyal member regardless if someone wrongs another or others think they have been wronged. As far as I know I have not wronged another. This is a game and we can still respect and love one another. Well, at least I can. I have the power to. Anyhow, there is alot of he said, she said stuff, and gossip. Partiality and well I think I am guilty of that, but without some partiality I could not be loyal to the alliance I have sworn fealty to. On the other side, many are of the same notion. I think that pacts should stick together especially if there is commaraderie but elite shadow, legion, or whatever it has been called has had a history of breaking pacts, especially Kotor, and as we were allied to both we had no obligation to take sides with two pacts. Of course I do not understand the justice in breaking a pact in the past as Elite Shadow, Legion, or whatever it was named at the time, I do not recall, but it is no surprise that this same alliance would do it again with an alliance that has a pact with them so long. All you really need is a reason in your mind, an offense to cling to, and a view that the alliance is weakened to break a covenant and get rid of that that which is attacked for stated reasons that seem justifiable. Where do wars come from? They come from those things in that are warring in your members. You cannot have, so you covet. We are all guilty of coveting what is another's in this game. The best coveter wins the game. Even if you must lie, cheat, deceive, and betray. But we can be more than conquerers.

Hypocrits. These practices against a weaker alliance are okay, but against the number one alliance it is wrong. How many times have some who complain about such things, done them at one time in this very game? How many are stirring up hatred against the Hive and Evolution as well? No matter. I know which ocean I call my home and who will end up evicted from it.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again triple posting... Watch out for warnings

Who will end up evicted from your ocean? 44 and 45? There are mainly Evos there :p
And I know who's going to be evicted from 34 :p

DeletedUser

I struggle with the idea that an alliance cannot break a pact without being seen to lie, cheat, deceive, and betray. Yet an alliance can support an allies enemies and you think that is ok?

There are very good reasons for Evo declaring war as stated previously. I don't see why an alliance has to put up with that amount of bs just cos of an agreement made a very long time ago.

This isn't a shock.. leaders of the hive have been aware that Evo hasn't been happy with the pact and have chosen to ignore that.

TBH the hive has not been an ally since Elite Shadows days. We have had a very long NAP. In my opinion a full ally should join up on attacks, support each other and have regular communication between players and leadership. Legion and Athenians had that relationship. We had a shared forum for claims and attacks during war. The players in each alliance spoke to each other nearly us much as players in their own alliance. Me and the leader in Legion, first Jureros and then Roky, discussed plans and strategy with each other and involved each other in decision making. in fact there were days when I spoke to Legion players as much as my own. The hive has never had that relationship with Evo. We've tried but it hasn't happened.

However, Evo never even asked for that level of friendship.. We asked for very little from the Hive. Don't try recruit our players, don't support our enemies, discuss with us before recruiting our war targets and treat us with some respect and politeness when speaking to us.

DeletedUser

I will say this again...Hive were never part of the coalition. What you heard must have been someone just being annoying. But there is no doubt that some may have been helping a few of us out.

Still, you have many other reasons for going to war so you dont need the coalition one.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure where I said that the hive were part of the coalition... What I said was the hive were supporting the coalition.. i.e. sending defensive troops to coalition members.. Which has been confirmed and I have the mails from 2 different leaders in the hive.

DeletedUser

Just a small correction there PL...

Hive didn't join Shadows against KOTOR, because KOTOR was also an ally to us and we always treated our allies fairly. Against Blackfleet, we conquered more than shadows at a certain point, although it was their war.

The reason we fall apart today is simply boredom.... we should have started that war 3 months earlier :)

As for recruiting lost Legions, how many mergers did it take you guys to become the monster you are today.
Really too bad I'm not in the game anymore. On the other hand, my work, family life and friends would suffer for it.... so no!

I'll explain it for you.

Despite a long alliance with The hive they have for some time been neutral in Evolution's (LEGION and Athenians before that) wars. They had been asked to join in the war against KOTOR and Legacy, involving both LEGION and Athenians, but said they would prefer to stay neutral. Neither alliance was ever bothered about that as it didn't affect the result of those wars.

When Evolution was created, the war with LEGION took place. At the end of the war many ex-LEGION players ran to the hive for protection. Although those of us in Evolution never wanted to rim previous alliance members, the fact that the hive actively recruited players who were technically 'refugees' without any consultation with the leaders of Evolution goes against every standard good practice that is usually adhered to by decent alliances. In fact when questioned by leaders of Evolution they were pretty much told to 'get lost'. 'We (the hive) will do as we want and who cares about our allies'.

Now, given that a lot of those players taking refugee in the hive were former alliance members and friends Evolution decided to drop this matter.

Shortly after this though the hive started to actively recruit our players. Sending out mails to individuals and inviting them to join. Really bad practice for a so-called ally. Now admittedly at this stage I thought stuff this and recruited a couple fo hive players.. well possibly underhand, but those players did approach us and were recruited because they were good, decent players.. it was just a bonus they came from the hive ;)

Following that the hive asked us to assist them in a war with the templars, which we dutifully did. Despite their reluctance to involve themselves in any war Evo was part of or even agree to provide support.

Of course this is now clear as to why they did not want to involve themselves. They have been for some time supporting the coalition! yes, our long-term allies since the start of the world, the ally we are assisting in a war, are not only taking in our refugees and trying to recruit our players, but are also supporting our enemies! well who needs enemies when you have friends like these? The hive of course deny this, but not only did this come from a very trusted source but also when taking cities from coaltion members there has been incoming support from the hive.

The icing on the cake (or cookies lol) was when a player who has been under heavy attack by Evo joined the Hive. 3 times he has ran to an ally of ours whilst under attack. I asked very politely for the hive to boot the player and they refused outright. It was the final straw I'm affraid. Enough is enough.

Actually also, the war with templars which the hive asked us t join in on.. and then agree a truce without any discussion with us and leave us at war with the hive's enemy

now whilst we haven't gone looking for a war.. I'd like to find anyone that would put up with this for so long and not get a bit fed up.

DeletedUser

I do not ever recall inviting anyone from Evolution while we had a pact. If it is a matter of ex-Hive members, then I have invited a few to come back to the Hive that are from Evolution. But, at the time we had a pact and there is no matter between allies. There is one that I really missed and I am glad she is back. Though I am loyal to the Hive, I still have a mind of my own. Since Tim had some computer problems for a few weeks, some others had to step up to keep our alliance together. This was a great time for others to seize on the opportunity, such as Scotty somethingorother attacking some cities of Tim's while he was out briefly, which we knew for some of our members had tripwires in his cities, so we received attack reports. This was done while we were in the pact. I think that was a good warning sign and the start of being incensed against Evolution, but we did not break pact and declare war. Even at this time I was suggesting opening up a shared forum for claims on cities of some of those from a coalition that we knew not what allies it consisted of. Something that was just being brought to our attention. Even this Scotty was mad about some of our members attacking cities he was going after, in which I was speaking to Tim and Ronin, now from evolution, about getting a shared forum. Quite hypocritical on Scotties part since he was attacking our inactives under our nose, but still I was trying to work at getting a shared forum. So, as for me what am I to be ashamed of? Nothing. I had to be a founder for a short time in order to do some things that some may be aware of but it is not everyone's business. I have now stepped down from the position and am taking on whatever leadership role that needs someone to stand in that gap. So while Total Domination is incensed against us about inviting in ex-Imperial members, which was not my decision, but I got on with the business when asked, not knowing the repercussions. Keep in mind, I was taking on a role that I know not much about, since I have not been dealing with the area around total domination until recently. But, I figure that if we had a pact with them, what does it matter if they get the cities or we get the cities by recruiting players that want to seek refuge. We were brother alliances at the time and sure there have been some conflicts. One player in general was kicked by me for stirring up trouble against Evolution during peacetime, when we had a pact. He was ex-Imperial, I believe, and really was not up with the times in the Hive, so we did not need someone acting on his own and stirring up trouble. Anyhow, I will let someone else speak here. I fixed the triple post and I heed warnings. I agree, we can be peaceful with one another and have respect as well. Even if we are beaten each other senseless in the game. I welcome peace even in the game, if it comes to it, but if we cannot get along as pacts, maybe it is best if we just war until one alliance is totally defeated, and I do not plan on that being the Hive. I play for keeps.:)