Excessive Gold Use

• Thread starter DeletedUser47953
  • Start date

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
There's a fun part of the game?

I'd love if that were the case but it's not realistic for Inno, especially not with this small of a player base now... maybe if they'd never changed it to where things could get golded done instantly, more players would've stuck around and the gold issue wouldn't be as bad

That part of the game has always been here - even since the days of Alpha, Beta & Gamma. I know, I played those worlds (different account) and even then you could gold stuff up instantly, the only big difference was: You couldnt gold resources. The farming villages worked MUCH different with a loyalty based system and they could revolt.

Shock

Chiliarch
That part of the game has always been here - even since the days of Alpha, Beta & Gamma. I know, I played those worlds (different account) and even then you could gold stuff up instantly, the only big difference was: You couldnt gold resources. The farming villages worked MUCH different with a loyalty based system and they could revolt.
Ye I remember the old farming villages (I liked those a lot more ngl)

Thought you could only gold stuff to 50% completion though? Idk maybe not

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Ye I remember the old farming villages (I liked those a lot more ngl)

Thought you could only gold stuff to 50% completion though? Idk maybe not

Nope. I remember a few times, I had an attack fail and was like "Nope. Not letting that fly."

Golded out all units in training and sent them out to, sent resources for another CS force and sent it out aswell. lol

Friday

Peltast
Nope. I remember a few times, I had an attack fail and was like "Nope. Not letting that fly."

Golded out all units in training and sent them out to, sent resources for another CS force and sent it out aswell. lol
Instant complete wasnt added until like late 2014 - early 2015. On the original worlds you had to halve construction times with gold.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Thank you for going to the point of the post. There is only one guy being toxic and calling us all inferior players. It’s sad that an honest conversation about gold use and game balance is always derailed by some troll who gets his stats by dropping in late, riding the coattails of his wealthy friends, and builds his fighting stats by attacking abandoned cities at the end of a server when no one is playing anymore.
I’ve never cared about final stats, only enjoying the game during the fun part of a server.
I think those of us who’d like a little balance on the gold use are the majority of players, but one very vocal egomaniac can derail a conversation unless we all just stay on point.
I may be a troll, but at least im not daft

EN138 is the first time i ever played with first placed alliance, all my other servers have been with 5th, 4th or 3rd ranked alliances.
If i had to pick between being a troll or dumb, i think i'd pick the first option. You are complaining about a problem that doesnt exist in Trapezuz

DeletedUser54745

Let's just face it, there will never be a no gold world so no point in even mentioning it any further.

In a weird way, the gold trade just further divides those that take the game at least semi seriously and those who don't. Yes you can milk the gold and get the advisors in every world you play for free. What about the average player that doesn't take the game serious and mostly probably only plays on the rim from time to time, they aren't getting gold which means they aren't getting advisors, which means they are already at a huge disadvantage right out of the gate. A player that enters worlds just to gold trade will probably make somewhere between 5k-20k in gold maybe even more (who da f*ck knows i've never done it. I honestly don't have the time, patience, or will power to do it). Imagine entering a world and being at a 20k gold disadvantage right out of the gate *several clown faces.

Imagine the US taking on Mexico and Peru for example. *the US being the premades that save/buy their gold for each world they take seriously, Mexico being the teams that spend/buy some gold but don't really actively save it for each world they play, and Peru being the little ole noobs/irrelevant teams that rarely/don't use gold at all. Mexico puts up a better fight than Peru but they both at the end of the day lose... The Zoo and QOQ are a good example of this from the speed 6 revolt. QOQ being the US and the ZOO being mexico. Mexico still loses, do they put up a fight sure but I mean was it even a battle worth fighting?

Cheers to drunk me giving myself a headache just to explain how op and unfair gold really is. Now that i've wasted enough of our lives bashing gold, now back to our regular scheduled programming, which is Back2basics spewing bs on how good meme is *eye roll
Oh yes! Zoo put up a fight it was 420-43

DeletedUser47953

There's a fun part of the game?

I'd love if that were the case but it's not realistic for Inno, especially not with this small of a player base now... maybe if they'd never changed it to where things could get golded done instantly, more players would've stuck around and the gold issue wouldn't be as bad
Yeah, they should have tried gold cap worlds a few years ago. They should have plenty of data on member growth and loss over the years. If they tried a gold cap world and did a little advertising, they could establish a metric to determine the sweet spot where they make money and grow their player base. It would be worth trying before they fold it up. The game is a high quality product, just needs balanced to grow it again.

Del2

Chiliarch
Active players working together with an interactive communication method both internal and external to coordinate both offense and defense will win. An offensive team can beat the best golders and BOT users, just look at the top 10 fighters on any server. Coordinated, committed, and planned team work will win any server. The best teams have recognized this and embraced the quality of team members. Solo players cannot not win; teams win.

Last edited:

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Active players working together with an interactive communication method both internal and external to coordinate both offense and defense will win. An offensive team can beat the best golders and BOT users, just look at the top 10 fighters on any server. Coordinated, committed, and planned team work will win any server. The best teams have recognized this and embraced the quality of team members. Solo players cannot not win; teams win.

I will disagree to a point.

If you are in it for a fight...you don't need an alliance at your back.

To win the crown? Thats a different story. lol

DeletedUser47128

Oh yes! Zoo put up a fight it was 420-43

Ok very nice by taking my example out of context. Somehow, completely missed the point but whatever.

@VIRTUALSELF I'm not a 30-50 yr old my guy but whatever. And you are def not in my head. I'm not losing sleep because an idiot says he's better than me. I'm just more than willing to prove you wrong.

VIRTUALSELF

Phrourach
Ok very nice by taking my example out of context. Somehow, completely missed the point but whatever.

@VIRTUALSELF I'm not a 30-50 yr old my guy but whatever. And you are def not in my head. I'm not losing sleep because an idiot says he's better than me. I'm just more than willing to prove you wrong.
Dude i really want you to be better than me, i believe in you. I'm just struggling to see where you even broke top 100 fighters in any server out of the 30 youve played according to grepolife.com, i hit top 15 if i want to. It's not about me trying to put you down or anything, i'm basically just reading the script Grepolife tells me. Go yell at statistics if you want to

DeletedUser47953

Agreed. Gold doesn’t win every fight and activity and communication are key. I use a forum structure for my group that is simple, contains everything from Ops through Off Def and Spy, and trade and requests, but it is simple and has templates and a few basic rules. This game is mostly about activity and communication, except when some enemy just goes ape crazy with thousands of dollars to kill you. Then, the best laid plans of mice and men fail. That’s why I think they should do some form of gold cap on a few servers.
It might make the game have surprising results, like different winners. Might even result in a different paradigm for how to run and promote such a game and still make tons of money for the devs. I think the devs are capable of doing that, just not sure they care to try it.

Seriko Lee

Lochagos
If i can go top 10 fighters on 3 out of 3 servers ive played for real, where is the imbalance problem? It's easy to find excuses instead of just becoming better

How much gold do you think my friend probablyyes spent on en138?
http://grepolife.com/en/138/player/6228079

Also, grepolis didnt die because of ppl spending money on gold lmao
True even I became got awarded the top 5 dominating factions in a world and never spent a dime

DeletedUser54755

I remember when i would attack excesive gold use like a long time ago i would get all those Mass Golding alliances and players message me and attack me on the boards: No its not gold your just not good.

But you know what on Pylos without Just for Laugs and Fiasco United im ranked high so is my Alliance,im having 100 times more fun then i did on a world with those alliances playing and everyone else is,its uncertain you dont know who will win and everyone has a chance at winning the world its up to Skill to Strategy not up to Gold!

So whoever says Mass gold doesnt mean anything if your skilled you can win is just lying :/ i have played on Countless worlds with many golding Alliances and they always won the worlds even though there were many more skilled then them.
Fiasco United is a loud and proud F2P alliance.