Proposal Expand the Farm

Darth Akula

Lochagos
Would like to request that in some future update, Grepo gifts us with a level 50 farm instead of 45. The farm, I believe used to go to 30 or 40(???) some years ago and was moved to 45. However, with how the game has evolved again with instabuild and the gold trading system, frequency of events, and the game's algorithm of tokens vs player points/# of cities, a good number of times, a player needs a LOT more farm space in order to have their city functioning at max efficiency.

Sure, a pure manti nuke city gets to 80 max (never seen higher but feel free to correct anyone if you've seen higher/done so). But imagine 90 or 100 of them? The BP would be tremendous. And players would be able to grow faster as well. Less "sacrificing" this for that unit wise, or having to use a token for space, only to need to waste half of it while it's running in hopes they'll get wasted in order to not waste the token. Case in Point:

1597979693535.png
1597979728505.png

^^^ Kinda hard to even have... well.. half that population count... Now sure, I WILL disclose these A) Aren't mine, B) Happened thanks to Democritus. BUT, even at half that buff, a city still could not produce that organically. And that is my argument/case here -> A bigger farm. In order for pretty things like this, to not go to waste... Otherwise, an algorithm may need reworking and I believe that's a bit harder than simply changing a building's max level. I remember when the academy could only go to 30 and a CS could only be built at level 22!!! When we heard level 13, we all lost our minds!

So I'm guess i'm asking for a little love again from the Grepo gods. Besides, who doesn't like a big farm, you know?

DeletedUser55989

A city build is a give and take, and players have their own city build strategy, some choose to build smaller cities that hold bigger nukes and rebuild less efficiently, and some choose bigger cities that can rebuild smaller nukes quickly. Increasing the farm size to circumvent this seems like a bad idea.
Also, pretty much the only point that you backed up is that myth tokens can't always fit in a city, myth tokens already provide way too much power, expanding there power by allowing quicker population delivery from tokens would be game breaking during event time.

Darth Akula

Lochagos
A city build is a give and take, and players have their own city build strategy, some choose to build smaller cities that hold bigger nukes and rebuild less efficiently, and some choose bigger cities that can rebuild smaller nukes quickly. Increasing the farm size to circumvent this seems like a bad idea.
Also, pretty much the only point that you backed up is that myth tokens can't always fit in a city, myth tokens already provide way too much power, expanding there power by allowing quicker population delivery from tokens would be game breaking during event time.

I find that hard to believe - the "game breaking" part - when the farm used to go to level 30... and increased 15 levels.. No one was unhappy then. 5 more won't make that much more of a difference to your "game breaking" point. That said, I agree on your first point on city build strategy. However, an expanded farm allows more fighting units and thus more BP to be gained, Sieges broken/cities saved, and more strategy intensive gameplay, and overall as much as I hate to say this, will increase revenue for Inno due to the players who can't play well already/big spenders, will simply spend more to compensate for the differences/disadvantages that may come into play through this.

The game is about overwhelming your opponent. Especially Domination EGs. We see this through spamming, cave draining, Ops, multi-CS launches, multi-city revolts, favor farming, farming, etc. That is how war is won. And worlds, regardless of the EG. IMO, all I hear so far is negative feedback because of the lack of desire to be overwhelmed, or have to be a better fighter/player. Again, my opinion though.

Uk's point of "don't double tokens that don't need it" - Okay, so say I'm on and island of all hostiles and I'm trying to get BP, and see where weak points are for an OP or even during an OP to keep cities clear or clean them out. My OP, there's a Erinys token worth TONS of Pop. You think it'd be a poor idea to use it on my city and then just bash the crap out of everyone on island and be fed BP and then clear the way for my alliance so CS' can land safely/with little defenses or chances of a backsnipe? That's ridiculous. And in the event that SOMEHOW (although it would never happen in reality, but I'll entertain the hypothetical crap situation I'm sure someone will try), everyone is able to dodge all the attacks (even if I split up the Erinys) and I gain no BP and they keep thier troops on the move - this leaves the cities... empty. And if timed right and the alliance does it's job, the CS still lands, and huge support is stacked in a timely manner. Ruining any chances of a good backsnipe.

So, honestly, I'd like to hear some real feedback as to how this would be a bad idea on a strategic or mechanical level. Not a personal preference level. As I see none...

DeletedUser56787

are you an idiot? 70 max manti nuke? you must be playing noobs because they can get up to 93 or even more if you get someone to dirty cat your city or even bolt it.

DeletedUser55069

I'm very much against expansion of farms, myth nukes are already too powerful, we usually can not hold sieges as whole alliance on conquest when some events reach their peak. As result players often quit during such events.

There is another huge problem that I call anti-morale = these tokens favor the bigger players. If they expanded the farm it would only mean the bigger players have less excess or wasted units from tokens while smaller players get the same.

https://en.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?threads/points-levels-for-different-rewards.60106/
For all unit related effects:

<10000 = 1
10000-49999 = 2
50000-249999 = 3
>250000 = 4

Base Value * World Speed * Game Progression Level (shown above)

for example on my current world I get 1 x 6 x 4 x 4 = 96 manties
while the smallest players get 1 x 6 x 1 x 4 = 24 manties
for same Level IV Manticore token

They should balance the tokens rather than expand farm.
I think it is not fair that bigger players get more population from a token than smaller players, however I understand small players also shouldn't be rewarded full myth tokens with a single city, because it could be abused looking at how easy it is to fill inventory with (free) myth tokens these days...
If I understand correctly the Progression factor meant to motivate players to spare their tokens for later and grow on their own before using them, but the reality is game gets flooded with tokens during events and you often have to use them to survive under such conditions, yet you get less population if you are small. This is some anomaly that could be worked on. Just one of the many solutions could be to use Luck instead of Game Progression.

for example a Level IV Manticore token could be (using my previous example):
100% luck = 96 manties, 75% luck = 72 manties, 50% luck = 48 manties, 25% luck = 24 manties

I know it happened before that the Progression factor was taken out / myth token reward drastically lowered and players were not too happy to get fewer myths than usual. It's good that sometimes overpowered myth tokens shake up the game, but to give them always to the top players not so and to increase population limit to give them even more power is absurd.

DeletedUser40620

I find that hard to believe - the "game breaking" part - when the farm used to go to level 30... and increased 15 levels.. No one was unhappy then. 5 more won't make that much more of a difference to your "game breaking" point. That said, I agree on your first point on city build strategy. However, an expanded farm allows more fighting units and thus more BP to be gained, Sieges broken/cities saved, and more strategy intensive gameplay, and overall as much as I hate to say this, will increase revenue for Inno due to the players who can't play well already/big spenders, will simply spend more to compensate for the differences/disadvantages that may come into play through this.

The game is about overwhelming your opponent. Especially Domination EGs. We see this through spamming, cave draining, Ops, multi-CS launches, multi-city revolts, favor farming, farming, etc. That is how war is won. And worlds, regardless of the EG. IMO, all I hear so far is negative feedback because of the lack of desire to be overwhelmed, or have to be a better fighter/player. Again, my opinion though.

Uk's point of "don't double tokens that don't need it" - Okay, so say I'm on and island of all hostiles and I'm trying to get BP, and see where weak points are for an OP or even during an OP to keep cities clear or clean them out. My OP, there's a Erinys token worth TONS of Pop. You think it'd be a poor idea to use it on my city and then just bash the crap out of everyone on island and be fed BP and then clear the way for my alliance so CS' can land safely/with little defenses or chances of a backsnipe? That's ridiculous. And in the event that SOMEHOW (although it would never happen in reality, but I'll entertain the hypothetical crap situation I'm sure someone will try), everyone is able to dodge all the attacks (even if I split up the Erinys) and I gain no BP and they keep thier troops on the move - this leaves the cities... empty. And if timed right and the alliance does it's job, the CS still lands, and huge support is stacked in a timely manner. Ruining any chances of a good backsnipe.

So, honestly, I'd like to hear some real feedback as to how this would be a bad idea on a strategic or mechanical level. Not a personal preference level. As I see none...

I am positive this is a bad idea. :)

As for game mechanics........your points are valid but the ethos is wrong
The game is, and always has been, a social/team based strategy, you 'overwhelm' or win battles and wars and the end game through working well as a team.
Here's an idea for you, instead of watching your token overflow....do some good for your team with them before your pop runs out?

Darth Akula

Lochagos
Mol -

Good points, good post.

The Word -

Fair point, and correct. I could get into outlier situations but the overall has you right.

DeletedUser54339

Farm size is fine. If you want more opportunity to be a mantiwhore, take more cities.