Extended Inventory

B2032638

Phrourach
I have raised 2 support tickets with respect to competitions and the inability to store buffs/prizes in the extended inventory when the main inventory is full. Every time we have a competition, I am forced to use buffs/prizes from the competition immediately or make room from the main inventory. This means I have to decide what to throw away!! I don't believe this is fair for daily active players who spend hours playing.

I have suggested that the extended inventory should be activated for a gold fee for 14 days say, or perhaps as a reward for continuous logins and participation? All buffs/prizes in the extended inventory are grouped by type with no limit, but groups (same prize) are limited to 10. You don't loose prizes, you just can't add if your extended inventory facility (purchase time) runs out.

The worrying part that I raised with support today, is that I nearly purchased more ammo for the battleship competition, but what's the point, you don't buy a new expensive jacket and burn it in the garden that night! If I got more ammo and then prizes I can't store them!

What are your thoughts as I'm frustrated in throwing buffs/prizes away.

curadh

Phrourach
There is no difference in normal play, even with island quests you need to store or use buffs (or throw them away). Making the extended inventory limitless would only be of advantage to the golding players, while those that use little or no gold would be at a huge disadvantage wouldn't they?

B2032638

Phrourach
What rubbish, play more and sell resources then get gold. You are clearly not an active player. Those that are dedicated and loyal to Grepolis suffer, just because others are not bothered, but shout if they think others get an advantage.

DeletedUser54755

What rubbish, play more and sell resources then get gold. You are clearly not an active player. Those that are dedicated and loyal to Grepolis suffer, just because others are not bothered, but shout if they think others get an advantage.
Bro you have 20 slots in your inventory + 6 slots in your event inventory, if thats not enough the problem is on you mate. Sorry to say, but your opinion is just dumb

B2032638

Phrourach
So if I have buffs that increase resource but know that using them will overflow storage because I farm all day, that's my problem for being active all day? Tell me Bro, what's stupid, using a buff that overflows storage space or waiting until you have room to use it? Take your time Bro to answer, some dumb people need time.

DeletedUser54755

So if I have buffs that increase resource but know that using them will overflow storage because I farm all day, that's my problem for being active all day? Tell me Bro, what's stupid, using a buff that overflows storage space or waiting until you have room to use it? Take your time Bro to answer, some dumb people need time.
1614117806426.png
You're telling me you need more than 26 inventory slots to grow 2k points a day? Sounds like a you problem mate

DeletedUser54192

The inventory is intentionally-designed to be a limited storage space to force players to make tactical decisions about which tokens merit a slot for later use. Extended Inventory is a nice little bonus when you manage to get something in there (forum competition rewards, or sometimes when you receive a "double" reward in an event). It's necessary for packages given the sheer number of tokens (and let's face it, Inno are unlikely to slim down packages to a few tokens, for various reasons). Managing your inventory is just another skill required by this game - it can be tricky with some of the events that provide plentiful tokens, but it's about making decisions rather than just complaining "I want it all".

Aside from that, your suggestion seems to have multiple flaws:
  • Defining groups as the "same prize" means that different levels of the same type of reward (e.g. Level III and Level IV Manticores) would exist as separate groups. So you could have up to 90 flyer tokens of various sizes in your extended inventory from certain events (recipe events typically have all 3 offensive flyer types with 3 levels of reward), as well as whatever you'd already managed to use in cities or fit in your standard inventory. This would significantly-prolong the "darken the skies" issue with Conquest servers, where token-heavy events make it nigh impossible to hold sieges.
    • While not such an obvious issue as flyer tokens, some tokens which have many different "levels" (Improved Movement tokens and regular troop tokens, both commonly available from quests) could be stored en-masse, again removing the strategy of how you choose to use or store rewards.
  • Even if you restricted the grouping to any token giving the same benefit, regardless of level, that's still 30 extra flyer tokens as well as anything else. So there are still significant balance issues for a game that is repeatedly filled with gameplay-dominating events.
  • As a gold subscription to keep the extended inventory open, what happens if it expires? If any tokens stored are lost, you'll have similar complaints from players stating that it is unfair to lose tokens that they spent significant quantities of money/gold to obtain.
In addition, a lot of the tokens from this event are relatively low-value. (Old incarnations of construction/recruitment tokens, for example.) They are pretty easy to use up for a small benefit without having to throw them away, unless you only take maxed-out cities and never have to rebuild your troops/ships. So it shouldn't be that hard to work out which tokens are worth saving, and which ones are best to just use up as you go along.