Failure of the Month

DeletedUser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, I would have to say I come in at a close second. A while ago I tried to take the city of ladasha. She has quit Phi a long time ago and only lives for the fun of keeping her cities alive. A while ago, I tried to take one of these cities not too long after she has gone inactive, wanting to take it before her alliance gets it. I most of her cities and sent the conquest attack. But she came online and got support in time. She wrote to me and wasn't happy. We agreed that I wouldn't try again if she stayed active, which, not surprisingly; she hasn't.

Since then I've grown quite a bit, and I get 54% morale against ladasha. So, I recommended a fellow alliance-member, Dorilds, to clear the city and take it whenever he could. He clears the city with no problem and then launches a colony ship the next day. His trip was pretty far, and amazingly ladasha comes online in time to enlist militia and managed t o kill off the conquest army of Dorilds with purely militia and a level 22 city wall. Having to free up a bit of population anyway, I attack afterwards and find out that while she was online, she built a number of swordsmen. I tell Dorilds that he better attack soon, or it will get even more costly. He later messages me later with an arrival time of his colony ship. I remind him to send some well-timed clearing waves just in case. He says that he will and mentions some times where it seems like both his clearing waves hit only 1-2 seconds before the conquest attack. I completely forget about his previously mentioned arrival time, send an immediate attack (only to find the city empty) and time a clearing wave of my own. I also made sure to send some support. Several hours later I get a message about my support being attacked. It turns out that my support has completely killed Dorilds' conquest attempt. It turns out that the second set of times he mentioned to me were just examples of how tightly he had times his clearing waves in another attack. So, in total, I ended up attacking a player 5-6 times at 54% morale, most often just killing a lot of units against the city wall. In the end I had to take the city myself (siege happening right now if anyone wants to break it - that would really add to this story).

I have been really overworked with Grepolis this past month :eek: ... Today, a friend told me his city was being conquered, but I misunderstood and sent a lot of support. Only managed a last-minute recall, after he informed me that sending support to his city would not help him much. And if it counts as well, I asked someone to clear a city for me in Rho, only to find out that I didn't have conquest researched.

DeletedUser

HAHA !

Asjo that is epic, you are defiantly in the hat for Septembers failure of the month !

Can anyone beat this, nominations are still open, lets name and shame guys !

DeletedUser20429

I got a story similar to the one asjo told but it was in Rho here it is:

When I first started in this world I was growing peacefully and I became about 3.5k points in a few weeks then I conquered the city 011 Reach which was island away from my other city so I sent a CS then 1-2 weeks later I come online to find my other city conquered(the city I sent the CS to 011 Reach from) then I build up 011 Reach and found a city on another island close by by this time I was in The Knights Who Say Ni and they sent a heap of support but it was not meant to be they were too strong they beat my support and then sent a CS so I was back to square 1 now this is where the story perks a bit I was asked to join Star X and to move my cities into O66 so I conquered a ghost town in O66 then I was happily building away for the next few months then I left Star X and joined TRT. (the alliance that conquered 2 of my cities) in the hope of not losing a 3rd I then conquered a 4th city and was preparing for a 5th when guess what happened I got booted and they took my 3rd city then I was forced to watch as another one of my cities was stolen from me :( now I have 3 cities and 17k points I never had more than 4 cities but that's going to change now as I have enough CP for 6 I am targeting 5k+ players or ghost towns in O66 all the while looking for an alliance I then joined blood pact and was mysteriously booted when I was asleep I don't know why and yesterday morning I conquered a 5th city but I only have 3 because I lost 2 so now I build troops in mass amounts to stop this happening again and this time they won't find it easy to bring me down.

And that ladies and Gentlemen is my story of playing Grepolis

DeletedUser15283

I sent a CS at an empty city slot to test whether I was able to send it to a smaller city for stratigetic purposes, but then it sent it and wouldn't let me call it back....That my friends, is one less city slot:(

DeletedUser

No, Lord, you can still recall it once it reaches the city. If it won't allow you, just recall all units first and then recall the CS.