Fair or unfair? need feedback please...

• Thread starter DeletedUser55169
  • Start date

DeletedUser46647

Listen King ... if you can get grep to give us a non gold world where there is no messaging outside of the team and you can get a blood oath from everyone to avoid other forms of communication I'm your wingman. But the second someone spends on the advisor's and they have "skin in the game" ... well ... anyone want to tell him some of the really nasty stuff we have seen? I mean he's been insulated on my side because we were not about the spying and double accounting and everything but ... EN99 was one of the more tame worlds controversy wise unless i missed something. Don and his crew addressed one issue but thats all I'm really aware of.

DeletedUser55169

I just wanna have a fair game where the best teams have a shot for the win without this kinda things. If thats not possible then im in the wrong game. I will wait for a while hoping for more opinions and hoping this issue will be adressed. Once its clear it isnt gonna change then im out and gonna find me another more fair game.

DeletedUser46647

Sorry to point this out KH ... you've already seen for almost the whole year how some players can rot out teams from the inside, some teams merge others to claim oceans they didn't fight for, spies, outer forum madness and just recently 2 other teams do a wonder exchange.

Why now the issue with morality? And this is your second world no? You mean none of this happened in your previous world? I would advise you play the game as a soldier. Stay away from the council rooms and leadership discussions.That's the most honesty you will get out of this thread. We all play this game for different reasons but all will agree its because its so much more than checkers. On what level you want to play is a choice each individual has to make for themselves. OOC is right about 1 thing. Its not about the awards after awhile. For me it's about getting your team to survive first then seeing where you can take it.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
I have players that need to move on and I am one.

This is what I was referring to in my post.

We have a good fight going now. If people are handed 4, it often kills a server.

TF giving us notice before ghosting and dropping their wonder simply evened the playing field after the two other biggest alliances worked together splitting wonders from the start. ;) They viewed it as a fair way to leave the world--no different than the deals the other two alliances had already made. If they left and Cleo got their wonder, the world would end as a result of them leaving, which would be game-changing. But TF also ghosted and left us vulnerable to enemies in the south, leaving the world split nicely for a fair fight. 2-2-3. They didn't merge into us to create an MRA, or hand anyone a victory. They walked away. Then the two biggest alliances started actively working together against us, and moving in easily to TF's ghosted cities. Entirely different scenario. A good fight. I have never, and will never, accept a backdoor WW victory.

Unfortunately there isn't an easy equivalent for you now if you don't want to stay and fight, unless you hand a wonder to TS or another alliance that doesn't already have 2-3. But that would be the honorable thing in my mind--make the remaining alliances duke it out to get a win.

I do find it interesting that months ago I said that your alliance's long term plan appeared to be handing your wonders to Cleo. Tig strongly protested at the time, and I said time will tell. ;) My how much closer you've grown in that time. :D

KH, I apologize for commenting on this world so much. It's just easy to use things here as examples. In general, I've often said that I think not only should alliances lock down at WW (you can't switch), but no new players should be allowed in worlds after the era starts, and you should be prohibited from sending support and resources to anyone outside your alliance. That would significantly change game play for the better in my mind. Oh, and spies would be hung in the town square. :D

IMO the morals of players in general have declined significantly through the years. My theory is that the more we can buy in game without earning it, the less we value the hard work and ethics side of the equation, and the further we fall from the spirit of the game itself. I'll get back to you after my next 5 years of research is complete LOL. But that means it'll get worse, not better.

DeletedUser46647

It's alright OOC. I think you and I can beat that horse to death and back to life again in regards to what happened with wonders especially since as I mentioned before that my group was approached by your team leadership...a few days before wonders. Correct me if I am wrong but would that not be considered "stacking the deck"? At least the way we worked it out it was competitive. If we had really wanted to we could have saved everyone a few months and just handed them over to Cleo the way you got your second wonder. Mike had no initial intention of passing wonders off until our initial agreement was finished which was still a race. If you ask Cleo membership up to a week ago he didn't even want their members getting any closer to our core and wonders. But Mike isn't here to answer for himself obviously so please pardon me for speaking in his place. Sorry King for going off topic...

Getting back to Morality and Values in Grep ... anyone else?

jameslongst

Strategos
To try and avoid the unavoidable circus this thread will eventually turn into I'll just say this...

We could have done the same act as another team in EN99, loosely coordinate a time and work out a favor swap situation that would guarantee the wonder to our chosen team. What we actually did was turn down 2 different offers made by other teams to basically be a "wonder blocker". Don will verify because he was one of the leaders that offered the option to us. He had to because that's his job to give his own team as many options as possible. Anyone here who has actually successfully led a team will agree.

What actually came about was the fairest way to keep the race competitive. It would have been a 4 way race until one team dropped a wonder to another as described above.

The game is a combination of strategy/tactics/diplomacy right? Who will say that my small group in EN99 (the only major alliance that did not carry multiple branches except for a short period while merging in another local team) did not balance all 3 while keeping every arrangement and promise to not only the other teams it dealt with but to also its own membership? Right now that same membership will decide how to move forward with a decision. Of course that decision may be beneficial to our pact mate ... but it will also benefit our membership as well.

To Odin and TF members who have contributed to my teammates thread ... the dye was already cast when TF dropped a wonder and Odin rightly took advantage. That's the game. Please don't complain if you have to experience the same situation we did. If they had 2 to drop and timed both you would have won no? (edit ... 2 more)

King has a right to his opinions but I have players that need to move on and I am one. I have to think about 30+ other members as well.

Thank you also for all the kind words with the passing of our friend and teammate. In the end this is just a game and regardless of how we feel it takes situations like this to put things into proper perspective.

We made sure Odin got it, then we peaced out.

Taste the Loss, scrub. Enjoy it. Next time I see you I will give you another one.

DeletedUser44996

Loyalties , I would say thats what its all about, You join an alliance make friends and follow a course that is steered by your Leadership , you won't always agree but are free to leave at any time.
Pacts will be made and more friends, and obviously enemies along the way.
The simple question here is based on game Ethics and if demolishing a WW to let another Alliance gain it is cheating, whether that leads to a win or not is irrelevant in this world as a precedent has already been set , i.e its happened already between 2 Alliances with one ghosting out after handing over.
No names mentioned but anyone from said alliances who come on here and and now try and take the morale high ground are clearly just looking out for their self interests. If any plans do not sit well with you don't take part but have the respect for your team-mates to allow them to do what the majority of them want, tidy up whats needed and leave them to it.
The biggest problem with this game nowadays is the swing from Initially awarding Players activity towards now those that spend serious amounts of Gold, My personal opinion is that it has ruined a once Award winning game. It will never recover fully until they address the obvious huge advantages Gold gives players against new players and those that do not spend anything or very little.
Remember the days of No alarms ? players could work out offline times and were pretty confident their efforts would be rewarded as per game statistics, back then who would just have given up if a demolished wall appeared at 25 after a few Minutes ? Its common practice here and now.
Know your enemy would be my advice , do you respect them ? have they played fair up until now or have they abused Gold ? Are they on their own ? How many Sister Alliances ? How many Pacts ? Are others Doing their Dirty work ? Do they take in Renegades to gain cities and territories ? Have they had Spies / Moles that have given them an edge ? There is a whole host of questions you should ask yourself before making a decision that ultimately you will be happy with.
I would most probably be split down the middle with my past Grepo life , I have played against a few great Alliances who i respect fully and others who deserved everything they received. "negatively".
There are a few players spread out over all the Alliances who are certainly deserving of a crown and some who have left the world early, i tend to agree with some of the comments above, you should join a world and see it out, as hard as that is at times , the last ones standing should be the real winners.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
From where i stand, there are many worse ways to win than what you said in the first post, this is one of the more frequent types of wins that everyone finds okay, so stick to your leaders policy.

DeletedUser48582

Loyalties , I would say thats what its all about, You join an alliance make friends and follow a course that is steered by your Leadership , you won't always agree but are free to leave at any time.
Pacts will be made and more friends, and obviously enemies along the way.
The simple question here is based on game Ethics and if demolishing a WW to let another Alliance gain it is cheating, whether that leads to a win or not is irrelevant in this world as a precedent has already been set , i.e its happened already between 2 Alliances with one ghosting out after handing over.
No names mentioned but anyone from said alliances who come on here and and now try and take the morale high ground are clearly just looking out for their self interests. If any plans do not sit well with you don't take part but have the respect for your team-mates to allow them to do what the majority of them want, tidy up whats needed and leave them to it.
The biggest problem with this game nowadays is the swing from Initially awarding Players activity towards now those that spend serious amounts of Gold, My personal opinion is that it has ruined a once Award winning game. It will never recover fully until they address the obvious huge advantages Gold gives players against new players and those that do not spend anything or very little.
Remember the days of No alarms ? players could work out offline times and were pretty confident their efforts would be rewarded as per game statistics, back then who would just have given up if a demolished wall appeared at 25 after a few Minutes ? Its common practice here and now.
Know your enemy would be my advice , do you respect them ? have they played fair up until now or have they abused Gold ? Are they on their own ? How many Sister Alliances ? How many Pacts ? Are others Doing their Dirty work ? Do they take in Renegades to gain cities and territories ? Have they had Spies / Moles that have given them an edge ? There is a whole host of questions you should ask yourself before making a decision that ultimately you will be happy with.
I would most probably be split down the middle with my past Grepo life , I have played against a few great Alliances who i respect fully and others who deserved everything they received. "negatively".
There are a few players spread out over all the Alliances who are certainly deserving of a crown and some who have left the world early, i tend to agree with some of the comments above, you should join a world and see it out, as hard as that is at times , the last ones standing should be the real winners.
Sadly the old ways are done Paul :( even the days with only 1-2 events a year is done. Now a days events start with only 1-2 weeks a part. I will never get this type of business model... its not about making as much money you can as Quick as possible, it should be evolving the game further and increase the number of players (= customers). The earnings would be far greater in the long run.

DeletedUser55169

Its all bull, its the mentality of the majority here that drives players away, im done with this game. I dont give a crap about winning, i wanna have fun, you guys spoiled it, alot of my teammates and enemies lack respect and do anything for the win. Whatever you guys all saying here, its all lies. Don what you said to me by mail, you can be very very Lucky that you werent standing in front of me, very Lucky. I dont care if they bann me for saying this, but you deserve no respect coz you dont give respect, just fake respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser48582

What i Said to you?? My tone was quite normal mate so cool down.

And me lucky??? Are you aware i served two tours to Helmand in Afghanistan - i dont need luck :cool: so quit those threats Hurricane and keep the talks on civil level.

DeletedUser55169

Thats excactly what i mean in my last post, trying to look good here and doing disgusting things in game. People like you make me puge. Thats why i left the game, and this was my last post here, have a good life all.

DeletedUser55083

guess-why-im-here.jpg

jameslongst

Strategos
Excactly, its just a game, thats excactly my point. I wanna have fun in a game, thats whats its all about. Now what happened in the past happened in the past.... I can forgive and i can forget, np at all. But cant we make this game fun for everyone, we just have to apply some rules for it. Now this might be an idea: theres already worlds with morale and without morale. Well this issue i adressed is also about morale i think. Now i wanna play fair and have fun, but i also want others to have fun. Cant we make seperate rules for morale worlds and non-morale worlds? Like in morale worlds no changing teams after endgame started or something like that, and non morale worlds can do whatever they like, maybe this way the two different kinda players in this game can be seperated and wont go to eachothers throat. Or atleast let Alliance leaders be very clear from the beginning and let everyone know this kinda diplo is part of their game, so players like me can avoid worlds where such alliances play? You know, i really love this game, but this is such an anti-climax for me.

I had fun turning you into a turtle. Did you have fun getting beat on? If the answer is yes, then what's the problem? Don't ride the world down as it dies man, get out of there! Get on the bus, Gus. Get yourself free. You know what I'm saying? Its a lot more fun out here in the sunshine. LMS award is the most depressing one.

That is the last testament of your one true ruler.

P.S. How's my Lighthouse? Sons keeping the yard mowed?