Farewell to the Hogs

DeletedUser

The Hogs are disbanding and joining various other alliances.

This disbandment is due to the fact that I can no longer spend the time needed to run such a massive alliance. I have easily been averaging 12 hours a day organizing/planning and responding to messages/forums. It has been affecting my real life negatively and so I must retire. I am (obviously) and OCD organizer and so I can't continue playing or I will get myself in the same situation again.

I am incredibly proud of what the members of the Hogs have done in their short time on Alpha. They rose quickly to the top in both size and power and they are leaving as the top conquering alliance. I have no doubt that hundreds of Hogs will go on to be key members in other alliances. They are great players, active, loyal and battle-hardened.

Personally, I am most proud of the fact that we have shown that small players, with some organization, can do big things. A players point total is a temporary stat. With some instruction and time, you can take a low point player and before long they can have several cities and be a real help to any alliance. This game is not one that ends in a few weeks, so when thinking about the future of your alliance, you should think long-term and see the big picture.

So anyway, thanks for a fun last few months!

DeletedUser

I wish you the best calatan, you are the reason for making this game so much fun for me. I will always be a Hog and wanted to thank you for everything you have taught us. You'll never really retire, so long as a hog is still playing somewhere.

Cheers!

DeletedUser

He he he, not telling who, but I knew this was going to happen!

DeletedUser

He he he, not telling who, but I knew this was going to happen!

Lol Toast.

Shame to see the hogs go, I've heard litterally nothing but about them, Despite there average members being not as big as many others, they still managed to pull there wait.

Good Luck, God Bless.

~V

DeletedUser

That means that you're not gonna reach 10000 members ? What a sad news

Lol, I couldn't help but laugh at your comment.

I know how you feel, and i fully support it, But you've got to give it to them, They managed to stay around this long at least.

~V

DeletedUser

I was in Hogs on another account and the organisation calatan did was extrodinary. I run an alliance on gamma and to run an alliance of 90 members is tough, never mind 2000

DeletedUser

from what i have heard [i will not reveal how! ;)]i think they are going to stay together, I think that a few members have volunteered to take over, they will 'split the weight'

DeletedUser

I prefer keeping it under 200 members, it's easy running an alliance, minus the stubborn n00bs, who you have to boot. :D then in 3 days they create there own alliance called "TGT stinks". How ever I do admit calatan did do a good job in keeping everything under control. Minus the MRA part...

DeletedUser

from what i have heard [i will not reveal how! ;)]i think they are going to stay together, I think that a few members have volunteered to take over, they will 'split the weight'

The Hogs will stay together in a diminished form. Unfortunately, many of the most active and capable members left...granted many active and talented members stayed but the problem, as I see it, is that the organization got a whole lot more bottom heavy due to the excessive dead weight barely active members.

Calatan did an amazing job of running the Hogs and an amazingly horrible job of quitting (jaw droppingly horrible, actually).

DeletedUser

I honestly think that no one will be able to run hogs like calatan. He/she/it had to have been putting in at least 15 hours a day. I expected him to run out of steam sooner or later.

DeletedUser

The Great Toast said:
it's easy running an alliance

Hhmm I dunno about that, I might go so far as to say it's easy to run an alliance badly. HOD had all of the ingredient of a great big disaster but calatan did a really good job of defying the odds.

As I've told her I may have butted heads with her on occasion but I admire what she accomplished with HOD, it's something she can be proud of especially considering the opposition she faced.

I do question the wisdom of keeping the alliance together without calatan at the helm. Leading a successful alliance is no easy feat and by holding on to something on the scale of HOD it's just going to prolong the inevitable and put the members who remain with you at risk.

I think HOD lasted as long as it did purely because of the (wo)man hours calatan invested into the alliance. However a person can only sustain that for so long. If you do decide to keep HOD going then I wish you the best of luck but I don't hold out much hope.

Who knows though calatan proved many people wrong maybe the new HOD leaders will prove me wrong.

DeletedUser

The Hogs are disbanding and joining various other alliances.

This disbandment is due to the fact that I can no longer spend the time needed to run such a massive alliance. I have easily been averaging 12 hours a day organizing/planning and responding to messages/forums. It has been affecting my real life negatively and so I must retire. I am (obviously) and OCD organizer and so I can't continue playing or I will get myself in the same situation again.

I am incredibly proud of what the members of the Hogs have done in their short time on Alpha. They rose quickly to the top in both size and power and they are leaving as the top conquering alliance. I have no doubt that hundreds of Hogs will go on to be key members in other alliances. They are great players, active, loyal and battle-hardened.

Personally, I am most proud of the fact that we have shown that small players, with some organization, can do big things. A players point total is a temporary stat. With some instruction and time, you can take a low point player and before long they can have several cities and be a real help to any alliance. This game is not one that ends in a few weeks, so when thinking about the future of your alliance, you should think long-term and see the big picture.

So anyway, thanks for a fun last few months!

:eek: Leaving without a good bye bolt?

You did prove abit...It seemed like during the whole war about 50 of your top member gained over 5 cities. Some with 11 cities.

Calatan is a he...

I salute a play that can get HOD to pull of what they did.

DeletedUser

I prefer keeping it under 200 members, it's easy running an alliance, minus the stubborn n00bs, who you have to boot. :D then in 3 days they create there own alliance called "TGT stinks". How ever I do admit calatan did do a good job in keeping everything under control. Minus the MRA part...

LOL the same old Toast I know.:p

DeletedUser14167

kudos to running the hogs. think about it its actually a hard job. 2000 members?man who would deal with that ?

DeletedUser

hey calatan, just so you know, one of your awards has incorrect info. on it. the two dates are incorrect!