Farewell to TIG

DeletedUser

Just for future generations, I wanted to post the accomplishments of The Indomitable Gauls/Pac Man, former #1 alliance in Psi.

asterixobelix.gif

For the first month of Psi, The Indomitable Gauls were ranked #1 in points and ABP (from start until Sept 16th). For the most part, they were located at the core, radiating outward.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The TIG premade was lead by three:

Obelix.. (Achilles) – the cutest little black kitty kat you’d ever know until you go to pet him then OUCH!!!
achilles.png

Aicy – the cutest little Kirby you’d ever know until...

Warl0rdalways writing in red ink and making PnPs
------------------------------------------------------------------
Together, the alliance steamrolled like a well-oiled machine for several weeks. TIG captured most of the early milestones and dismantled several alliances:

Umbrella Corporation
Psi Co.
Sausage Smugglers
Fo Shizzle
Infection
Inglorious Bastards

It seemed that nothing could stand in its way. Until...

First, both Aicy and Warl0rd left due to school...

Then, few others, Benja81 and Cyprus64 left for RE...

Third, TIG was plagued with more players leaving the game than any other alliance... xzodd3, The dazed knight, Epleskrell, Evil Clown, ScorpionKill3r, Alex53, toothartist, The3onlyking23, iStevee, Mystoly, gomodo, Turtle?, gooplix, and vxtaylorxv just to name a few. We spent nearly 3 weeks trying to reclaim the inactive cities. After weeks, inactive cities taste like chowder.

The merge and name change to PacMan did little to replace the teamwork lost when all those players went inactive. Where all forums were frequented in the beginning, only Claims saw a significant amount of traffic in the last few weeks. Almost half the players in the alliance weren't participating. The skype forum was quiet as well

Age of Enlightenment and Achilles did a great job of maintaining a strong external front despite the rampant inactivity. Our time had surely passed. I wish you guys all the best.

RIP The Indomitable Gauls/PacMan:pro:
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en23/alliance/30

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17088

Aicy always leaves so no need to tell us where he went :D

Achilles was rimmed by his own friends i heard also

DeletedUser

You should copy this for the next world they join and leave a few weeks in ;)

DeletedUser

seeing as though some ppl are popping up with doubt about some of the claimed rimmed alliances i thought i'd take a look.

cities taken from "rimmed" alliances by TIG/PacMan:
Umbrella Corporation - 0 (i assume they had a name change or something coz couldn't find them)
Psi Co. - 4 (3 taken by TUQ and 2 each by UoW or EP, so a joint rimming i'd say)
Sausage Smugglers - 7 (every one of SS losses was to gauls, so def credit for that)
Magyar Vandor - 0 (rimmed them without taking a city? o_O)
Fo Shizzle - 9 (every FS loss was to gauls, definite credit)
Infection - 5 (took the majority of cities, so i'd give em credit)
so, ignoring umbrella coz i don't know about them, rimming Magyar Vandor is rubbish and psi co. was more of a joint venture. but the other 3 were a pretty solid rimming (and prob the 3 better alliances anyway).

but, interestingly
TIG/PacMan cities taken by TIG/PacMan
total - 35
i think i'd give the gauls credit for rimming one more alliance - themselves :p

DeletedUser

First conquest of mine was an Umbrella Corp player, 4th was another SS, and TordenGuden (one of my last conquests in PM) was a D3TH player, as I was helping Shadows Fall with their OP. The first and last mentioned here both left their alliances before losing their cities. After a few UC cities were captured, their leadership and several members went inactive or ghosted. Same goes for Psi Co.

I also remember Cyprus64 taking another Umbrella Corp player (Furst Biel?) before he left for RE. The dazed knight took a Psi Co city but the player reset to another ocean before the CS hit (rempi).

The only one I can't add is Magyar Vandor, I only made several of their players farms. :p

DeletedUser345

seeing as though some ppl are popping up with doubt about some of the claimed rimmed alliances i thought i'd take a look.

cities taken from "rimmed" alliances by TIG/PacMan:

so, ignoring umbrella coz i don't know about them, rimming Magyar Vandor is rubbish and psi co. was more of a joint venture. but the other 3 were a pretty solid rimming (and prob the 3 better alliances anyway).

but, interestingly
TIG/PacMan cities taken by TIG/PacMan

i think i'd give the gauls credit for rimming one more alliance - themselves :p

Umbrella Corp were mostly farmed out the way before conquest even started though AoE picked one up.

Infection were very much removed by us.

Magyar Vandor i think credit goes to D3TH for that and not us.

Inglorius Bastards were another one that was removed by us that you have missed.

As for TIG/PacMan all things have to come to an end and the fact we are still ranked 3 in abp and tbp says something. So to all those part of it well done on the brillaint achievemnts that you helped the alliance too and it was a real shame ianctivity brought us down. Good luck to all former TIG/PacMan members still playing this world :)

DeletedUser

I enjoyed my short stay in Pacman, but I'm convinced that a name change to Pony would have made us more successful...

Either way, guess it wasn't supposed to last :O

DeletedUser

Inglorius Bastards were another one that was removed by us that you have missed.
lol, i must have messed up highlighting the list :D

as an aside, i wasn't trying to discredit gauls, i just thought i'd take a look since there were 2 posts in a row disputing whether certain alliance were rimmed by gauls. then while i was taking a look i thought i may as well make a post about (call it boredom if you will :p)

gauls were defo the early pace-setters and did more attacking and conquering than anybody else in the early days (SW)

DeletedUser

meh, I'm not so impressed with what they did, which was to spend money to quickly build their cities up so that they had large armies, and spend money to quickly replenish their armies when they were exhausted. Then they immediately started attacking the non-money spenders once BP ended, and were met with very little resistance from the players who were not at their level so early on because of only one thing: they didn't spend money.

So they reaped the resources and the battle points, which allowed them to again quickly continue to build up and replenish troops they were spending money one, and increasing their ability to add cities to their accounts.....while the non-spenders fell further behind with every attack....

It's a feature built in to Grepolis that's certainly fair play for anyone who chooses to use it, but by no means whatsoever does it imply any skill or experience at playing the game. It was no chess game at all: just shock and awe of gold. So I guess congrats for that? Whatever.....

DeletedUser

meh, I'm not so impressed with what they did, which was to spend money to quickly build their cities up so that they had large armies, and spend money to quickly replenish their armies when they were exhausted. Then they immediately started attacking the non-money spenders once BP ended, and were met with very little resistance from the players who were not at their level so early on because of only one thing: they didn't spend money.

So they reaped the resources and the battle points, which allowed them to again quickly continue to build up and replenish troops they were spending money one, and increasing their ability to add cities to their accounts.....while the non-spenders fell further behind with every attack....

It's a feature built in to Grepolis that's certainly fair play for anyone who chooses to use it, but by no means whatsoever does it imply any skill or experience at playing the game. It was no chess game at all: just shock and awe of gold. So I guess congrats for that? Whatever.....

...And what, pray-tell, with the exception of me in the first week and benja81 who quit after not very long; is your remarkable evidence of gold abuse by Gaul players? The majority of the better players in that alliance (xzodd3, scorpionkill3r, gomodo, Mystoly, Cyprus64, howtoplay, Caunty, etc...) gained gold from surveys, I know this because I've conversed with them many times on this. By your own standards, I hope you have never used gold, otherwise this response should be taken with a grain of sand.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Some brave soul de-repped my above post without signing their name, and left this little nugget as their response:

'To do many surveys they must of had no life meaning they were online all day. That's just sad...'

Golly gee, I wonder who that might be.

I don't know what's sadder; being de-repped on a forum for making a valid point, or the baseless assumptions that came with it. A lot of premium players get their gold through surveys here so I wonder if you're going to go around the forum de-repping them as well for the same reason, and why not sign your name while you're at it or are you afraid of getting your own treatment back? Maybe you too can be de-repped by some wuss who can't handle somebody disagreeing with them.

It should also be said that getting gold from surveys is easy and doesn't always consume a lot of time, even the heftier ones can be cruised through in 10-15 minutes. Then again maybe your issue is just supporting Innogames in general, yeah you're right, who wants to support a free game you take full advantage of and instead spend your time making garbage posts in their forums? Get off mah internetz.