Farewell to Troy

DeletedUser

It's come time that I say farewell to the world of Troy.

For those with their massive egos who believe I'm running away, my main reason for going isn't because of you. RL issues which began in June with the death of one of my favorite aunts, followed by the death of a close cousin, my grandfather and my father have taken their toll stress-wise. Trying to keep up with the game and trying to handle estates as well as clearing out my grandfather's house with all of its memories (my grandfather and grandmother pretty much raised me) has added more stress than I can safely handle.

Troy in the beginning was fun. It was an escape for me where I didn't have to think about what was happening RL. Sadly, that entertainment began to fade as more stress from RL was added to having to remain awake, or wake up every hour in order to insure I wasn't being attacked or that my members needed defending.

I wish everyone the best and hopefully, once the issues in RL have finally settled, we'll meet on the battlefield again one day.

Arachne

DeletedUser30111

:( Sorry to see you go Lady, hope you can set everything in order.

Let me know when you come back.

DeletedUser30967

Farewell Lady! Was a pleasure....always nice to meet other strong women when I play. We are a rare breed. Look forward to the day I get to cross swords with you in another world, or fight on the same side....which ever hand lady luck decides to deal us ;)

DeletedUser22423

Lady, I understand why you are leaving and it is sad to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck.

As for myself, I am not leaving Troy, but I have been taking the last few days off and that will be a trend that continues for at least a week longer. I am done playing in ocean 55 however. I have had enough of the childish behavior the majority of players in that area exhibit and no longer wish to interact with them in any form.

Insulting people through email, when they block you sending the insulting messages to their friends to make sure your troll messages get through, insulting people by naming your cities after them, insulting their kids and family just because you view someone as a threat or they wont do as you wish; this is all very childish behavior and is proof that either your parents never taught you how to behave, you had no parents to teach you how to behave, or after years of communication with people only through online methods has made you completely socially inept.

I can't say that this is directed solely at people in NR either although they deserve the majority of the credit for being such poor sports. Growing up my coaches in the various sports I played in have taught me how to be a gracious loser, and more importantly how to win with respect to your opponent. It is a shame that so many of you never had that kind of influence in your life, and that my 9, 11, and 13 year old children can conduct themselves with social grace when people that claim to be grown men and women on here prove time and time again that they are incapable of such. I am in the number one alliance in another world, and you will never see me act with such disrespectful behavior to others there and then try to justify my actions based on the fact that I am winning. When you are winning, try to act like you have been there before.

Thanks for sucking the fun out of the game Troy and for running off good people like Lady and several others who didn't post here. All I can say is that you didn't deserve the chance to play the game with people like her to begin with.

DeletedUser

I wanted to +rep you, C, but it says I have to spread the love around.

I'm going to miss all of you in DM so much.

plaguetower

Phrourach
I am going to miss my only decent challengers. I have spent many hours staying awake and changing my sleep schedule because of DM members. I am going to be happy not hitting bir walls anymore. I tried to keep you guys busy and keep the game interesting. Boredom is going to be my biggest concern moving forward.
Good Luck and I hope to play with some of you again.
Plaguetower

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Goodbye M'lady... I didn't know you but I would of liked too ;) haha :D

@Plague - If you get that bored, then join a smaller alliance and fight your current alliance, that should keep things entertaining for both sides.

DeletedUser11965

@Plague, don't worry bro, boredom isnt going to last long..don't forget about whats north of you.

DeletedUser

Guess I'll still be hated; but hope you come back.
Nobody hates you ArShark.Some of us will have 2nd thoughts on trusting you again in-game but its a game after all.And am sure that Lady will agree on this too.Chill because....:pro:

DeletedUser

Dang!! and we were just getting to know each other!

I hope we will cross path again, in the near future, it was a pleasure and an honor to get to know you.

I wish you the best IRL, I know what you are going through, I went through a similar phase in my life, a few years back. I won't tell you to be strong, I know you are, I just want to tell you my thoughts are with you.