Farm Bug??

DeletedUser

Anyone know why there aren't any farms on an island where I founded my new city? It has and Icon and shows +wood and -rock. I am hoping it is just a bug.

DeletedUser17045

Because they aren't major islands.

Look around the map.

And by the way, you didn't conquer! HAHAHAHA! YOU SHALL NOT ENTER THE RECORD BOOKS FOR SIGMA! YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST CONQUERED!

Haha. Anyway, good job on getting your second city tho :) For that you get rep ;)

-CheezeHead.

DeletedUser

That suxs...lol

It was a medium sized island so I thought it would be fine.....If there are no farms, why does it show the Icon.

Thanks

DeletedUser

those icons mean that your mines will get accordingly more or less of certain resources when you level them up to lvl 20 and further. they don't have anything to do with farming villages.

DeletedUser2795

Colonization islands just don't have farms. Fact of the game.

DeletedUser829

they have never had farms. From alpha-> here. some islands you could colonize because the cities went innactive and were kiled down to an anchor.

DeletedUser

I personally don't see the point of them. They give noobs a false sense of achievement and security, whilst halting their growth majorly so that we can destroy them easier?

I suppose it balances out.

DeletedUser829

They have their uses, and are used by alliances. But not this early in the game.

They will play a vital roll in BP accumulation late game.

DeletedUser

Explain?

I haven't played for 7 months or so, and my memory is slipping me with the benefits of colonizing :/

DeletedUser829

Well one example, If you have 100 polis, you know how much CRAP MORALE (STUPID MORALE was INNO thinking) is going to kill you when you try to conquer someone with say 10 cities? fricken morale.