Farm Mood Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: Farms will increase their mood if you donate resources to them.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No

Reason: Currently, giving resources to farms is something I (and many others I assume) hate doing. This will encourage more people to contribute to their farms.

Details: Same as current system, except when you give resources back, it adds a percentage of their mood back (depending on how much you give).

Seems harmless as this not only adds realism, but will encourage expansion of farms by way of getting mood higher.

Some of you may ask: What about when it reaches lvl 6 max? Well, you can still contribute resources to raise the mood.

Benefits:

1. You want that last loot before you have to sleep, but it will take 2 hours for it to get there. You give resources, and there you go.

2. Realism: You take resources, they get mad. Logic stands to reason they would get happy if you gave some.

3. You need that last extra push of resources and yur running out of time. Give a little resources and loot some resources.

4. Keeps your farms out of danger of revolting.

Others may ask: if Im giving resources, how is it beneficial?

Two reasons:

1. It raises your farm level.
2. You can then trade, do a last minute loot, get units, etc.

In order for the abuse prevention, a button will be displayed. It will say : add to mood and expansion. Click it and add resources.

The equation shows the amount of resources required per mood increase on each farm level on ever speed

Y = ((0.9 + (0.1*Z)) * (15X)) * S

Y = Amount of resources required

Z = Farm Level

X = Amount of mood you want to go up

S = World Speed

For example

Level 3 farm; Raise Mood 20 percent; Speed 3 world

Z = 3

X = 20

S = 3

((0.9 + (0.1*3)) * (15 * 20)) * 3 = 1080

That means it would take 1080 resources to raise the mood 20 %
Visual Aids: None

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: You can only add resources one hour at a time. BUT if you dont have the box clicked (meaning it is regular expansion) you can still do it regularly. At that hour, you can add as many resources as you like.

I do this so people dont spam the mood up and loot real quick to get near infinite resources. This limits them to every hours moving the mood up.

Summary: Farms will increase their mood if you donate resources to them.

Possibilities: Farm mood can only be raised 15% per hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great idea pebble, this would be very useful in early gameplay where players can loot and trade more frequently as they build up.

DeletedUser

2. The ratio will be in your favor.

Ehh, doesn't that kinda make it an exploit? I can see the logic in your idea... Though to me, that quoted part looks like an exploitable loophole, but if it wasn't in your favour, it would be a useless addition to the game... =/

I'm a bit unsure on this. Also, once you have multiple cities to look after, it would be barely applicable, since you're spreading available time in your cities and getting things done faster.... You won't have time for this after your first few cities.

DeletedUser8396

2. The ratio will be in your favor.

In order for the abuse prevention, a button will be displayed. It will say : add to mood and expansion. Click it and add resources.

Visual Aids: None

Abuse Prevention: You can only add resources one hour at a time. BUT if you dont have the box clicked (meaning it is regular expansion) you can still do it regularly. At that hour, you can add as many resources as you like.

I do this so people dont spam the mood up and loot real quick to get near infinite resources. This limits them to every hours moving the mood up.

Possibilities: Farm mood can only be raised 15% per hour.

Ehh, doesn't that kinda make it an exploit? I can see the logic in your idea... Though to me, that quoted part looks like an exploitable loophole, but if it wasn't in your favour, it would be a useless addition to the game... =/

I'm a bit unsure on this. Also, once you have multiple cities to look after, it would be barely applicable, since you're spreading available time in your cities and getting things done faster.... You won't have time for this after your first few cities.

Bolded of you comments are listed in order accordingly:

1. No, if you read the abuse prevention it can only occur once every hour, thus making it near un exploitable.
2. I disagree. I feel many would use this especially near the end of the day.

Now, obviously if your mood is like 24%, the ratio will not be in your favor. As it would take so much resources. But lets say you are bordering of 70% and are about to leave and you want a final loot. Then it can be very beneficial. Lets say you've run down all yur resources and are close to a new loot. There you go.

It has many uses, and will be used throughout the game. Later, you will see it because of the extra resource push they need right before an attack.

DeletedUser

The abuse prevention would be the cooldown times on the loot/demand, correct?

I like the idea.

DeletedUser8396

No, the abuse prevention is that you can only add to the mood once every hour. You may still add resources to expand it,. but if you already did it that hour, it wont help.

DeletedUser

Interesting idea, want to see other people's views before I make up mine.

This idea can be compared to marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

DeletedUser

Interesting idea, want to see other people's views before I make up mine.

This idea can be compared to marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

Might as well post some queries or concerns, there seems to be quite a few posters who do what you just described without admitting it... we then wonder why this section is less active nowadays.

DeletedUser

Hmm yeah. I'm not sure about this idea, but it has potential.

DeletedUser8396

"ITS AALLLIIIIIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!!!!"

reply with thoughts please...add on to it!!!

DeletedUser

*does CPR*

Umm, how many resources for what change in mood level are we talking about?

DeletedUser

Obviously it should be level-based, maybe a small percentage of the actual amount needed per level.

DeletedUser8396

I honestly am not math-savvy enough to come up with an equation.

I do agree it will change per level.

I dont like the idea of % of amount needed thing. Because 1200 resources should be about 2% per percentage, but then 150,000 of 2% is 3000 per percent. It doesnt work.

Possible a flat rate? Or a amount per farm level?

What would be a nice idea is if it went on a scale.

The lower the mood, the more resources required.

Put a slide bar, and set it to the mood you want...then it shows how many resources required. Much like the trade system.

DeletedUser8396

LOT, not to assume things, but if I am correct, please dont troll my idea cause i deny yours.

Give me a valid reason for it not to be implemented.

Thanks skully

Status
Not open for further replies.