farming a city / warehouse

DeletedUser43184

probably noob questions but i can't seem to find an answer in wiki....
When farming another city, are you restricted to the amount of resources you can carry back by the amount of free space left in your warehouse, if so can you post resources for a rediculous exchange rate in the market to take resources out of your warehouse.
When starting a new city on a new island, do the farming villages revert back to their low starting point of L1 1 slinger, L2 5 slingers, L3 7 slingers etc to capture. Also, is there anything that limits putting an army straight into a new city to attack from it (land based attacks).:)

DeletedUser

warehouse/raiding - no. your troops will carry whatever is available, or whatever they can carry. if you get back to a full warehouse, you lose the booty. if you make warehouse room you get it.

Farm villages - on a NEW island, you will have to defeat troops in farms as though you are defeating them on your first island, so yes, they "reset" to basic. once they have been leveled up, they stay leveled up. however, if you lose your only (or last) city on an island, you need to re-conquer your farms. if you take a city on the same island, i do not believe you have to conquer the farms again, but both cities cannot farm them at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43011

are you restricted to the amount of resources you can carry back by the amount of free space left in your warehouse

it depends on how many they send and what they can carry back, also what is in the city and if you max your W/H you loose the Res

do the farming villages revert back to their low starting point of L1 1 slinger, L2 5 slingers, L3 7 slingers etc to capture

On a new island Yes, Same Island NO

Also, is there anything that limits putting an army straight into a new city to attack from it (land based attacks).

It depends on your new city and how developed it is.

Hope that helps

DeletedUser

probably noob questions but i can't seem to find an answer in wiki....
When farming another city, are you restricted to the amount of resources you can carry back by the amount of free space left in your warehouse

Technically yes. Say your warehouse only had 1000 space left. Your troops hit a city and are carrying back 2000. 1000 of those resources will be effectively wasted.

if so can you post resources for a rediculous exchange rate in the market to take resources out of your warehouse.
When I last played, yes, this worked. As far as I know nothing has changed in regards to this since then.

When starting a new city on a new island, do the farming villages revert back to their low starting point of L1 1 slinger, L2 5 slingers, L3 7 slingers etc to capture.
Yes. When you land on a new island you conquer farming villages with the same troop scaling.

Also, is there anything that limits putting an army straight into a new city to attack from it (land based attacks).:)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Although I'll take my best guess. Assuming gold is not an issue and you have enough resources from other cities to send to the new city. You could theoretically have a maxed army very quickly. However this early in the world you will likely not have the resources to do this. With gold, resources are the only true bottleneck in the game.

DeletedUser

i think he means can you transfer troops from one city to the next, then attack from there. if this is the case, the answer is no.

DeletedUser43184

ty for the replies, i wasn't overly clear in my last question .... the intention was to build a city close to an enemy, load it with an army from my other city & attack from it, preferably without having to build the new city up much to do this ..... also to cut down the attack time thereby giving the defender as little time as possible to prepare.
(In Evony we were able to cap or build a city by an enemy & immediately launch attacks from it, cutting the attack time down from hours to minutes instead)