Farming button

DeletedUser56182

Captain is doing a good job at farming faster. However after a break point (maybe 50 cities or more), farming is becoming really time consuming.
I would suggest a sixth type of adviser that can reduce this time or to make an unlock-able feature at a certain number of cities that can make group farming.

so my idea is to have a way to farm 50 plus cities fast. we are all ready paying for reducing the time so i dont want to spent a lot of time for it. OK, before questions raise i will try to state in bullets what this feature can do.
*grouping the cities you want to farm (if you have more than one city on the island you can predetermine which you want to collect)
*of course this gives major advantages to 10minutes farming. so i suggest a 1.5/3 hours minimum)
*it can be either unlock-able to captain after a certain amount of cities or it can be a new adviser (a sixth one)

The current state is pushing away your players who have a lot of cities and ergo they are your "big" customers. so this benefits everyone

DeletedUser55889

Yeah nah, I don't agree with this idea, at all.
What's next? "Recruitment button" -- Seventh advisor to automatically recruit the kinds of troops you want in each city, only because it's such a hassle to scroll down the city list, it's time consuming and needs to be added!!!

It's a hassle, it's meant to be a hassle. It's not supposed to get any easier when it comes to management just because you have loads of cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56277

More like the current captain should have an extended feature to group farm, I agree that it takes a lot of effort to scroll down 50 or more city list clicking on farm for each of them every 10 mins, makes game tedious and boring, no doubt you’ve lost a lot of premium players to this... a response from a staff member regarding this issue will be great, we put our money in to this game no matter how big or small it all counts...

DeletedUser55069

A one-click farm button that reloads for example after a 8 hours cooldown could make the game more competitive and less monotonous. It would speed up world progress, because more players would farm and spend resources, especially players who don’t farm now, therefore the advantage of hardcore players or bots could become little lower, maybe I’m naive, but I think less players would consider cheating and risk bans... The farming interval for one-click button should be optional, those who like the clicking could use short intervals and spare all the clicks every ~8 hours.

A feature like this should be available for every players regardless their size to be fair. Don’t forget players with bigger accounts have advantages and also get more resources for the extra farming. For that reason it is also concerning that small players would get less advantage from a one-click farm button, because for them a click would give less resources, now you get the same amount of resources per click and big players even tend to stop farming - this problem could be compensated if the cooldown time was adjusted to the number of farming islands, for example:
1-5 islands = 30min
5 > islands= 60min
10 > islands = 120min
15 > islands = 240min
20 > islands = 480min

This function would be too powerful as a premium feature, instead the cooldown time could be lowered / reset with gold, for example first 100, every next reset +100 gold... costs reset every 24 hours. /Golders won’t get more resources than what is already available, only right when they pay, because there is a daily farming limit.)

Grepolis has many good features that are worth to login for every few hours, this could be another reason, compared to the brainless clicking a more valid reason... other than I wonder how many new customers give up the farmerama for other games with more variety / less clicking work.

Shuri2060

Strategos
Definitely agree with this. The Captain is just not enough when you have 20+ cities. My fingers hurt from trying 10 min runs all the time smh

And yeah at least it removes one of the incentives for bots - sure, they're not allowed, but they exist and aren't always able to be caught.

DeletedUser56310

As far as i'm concerned, the Farming system rewards the active players, First of all you need to be here every 10min to click it... Then it requires BP to upgrade it and get it, i don't see why it has to be such a Chores Farming ressources, we should be able to farm from all cities in one click. And i'm sure it shouldn't be hard to do that..

I think Most the community wants that, maybe we could get an answer about it...

DeletedUser55069

the current system is fair because you get same resources per click and it also has a morale effect:
it encourages players to spend more time for more resources, but as they grow it gets harder to farm with same efficiency

a small player can 10-min farm, because the other duties like trading resources between cities, recruitment, building, farming take less time, a big player's base resources production is higher and doesn't necessarily need the extra resources from farming, will rather spend more time on battles, trade...

this is why the one-click farm button can create balance problems

a 100-city player getting 100x more resources than a 1-city player (same farm levels) for a single click
if this could happen every 10 min the already very active players would gain more advantages and make it impossiple to survive or just enjoy the game on same level for many others who populate the current servers = the interval for the one-click farm button is crucial game balance issue

or the daily farming limit should be adjusted /lowered/ to the one-click farm button
~9 hours of continuous 10min farming is the current maximum
if a player farms every 8 hours they only get 31.5% of this daily limit

DeletedUser56310

I think it is normal that a player with 100 cities gather more resources then a player with a 1 city... its the same with resources building... a player with a 100 cities will have 100 times more income then the guy with one...

Since you are talking about balance, i use PC and mobile. It takes 10 times longer to farm on mobile that on PC, this one click button will also make this better.

Oh and i forgot to mention how unfair it is with people with slow connections, it takes 5-6 seconds to farm from each island when your connection is like mine.. I'm sure if you have a bad PC its the same, it would make it more fair for those people as well

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser56387

I think a great addition to the game would be to have a way to harvest all peasant villages from all cities at once. Not being able to really adds nothing to the game IMHO and it is frustrating and time consumming.

Just my two cents.