Discussion Farming Overivew Simplified.

DeletedUser

Reason
I often log in from my phone while at work. This usually means I have 15 minutes and at best 2 bars of 4G connectivity.

Proposal
Instead of clicking on each city then the length, then on demand. Perhaps a little check near the top for "All Islands". My biggest problem is, when I am rushing through I'll miss a length, or while trying to select a time my phone thinks I wanted to click demand and now my timing is off on my resources.

Explain
The way I see this working, player A checks "All Islands" then on a demand length, then clicks demand. With those three clicks, regardless of number of cities/islands, all their demands are done at the same length.

In the case of multiple cities on the same farm village island, a default check can be made to which city will receive the resources. until this default check is changed, the checked city will receive all of the demands.
Or if it's simpler, then just allow players to select all of their cities/islands at once, and do the demand.

Abuse Prevention
I don't see a way for this to be abused.

Balance
I think this would give further incentive for the farming overview.

Here you go Mr. Lumbergh. I wasn't aware I was on the payroll.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sounds like a reasonable idea but would change the balance. With one click all cities would mean that a player with 20 or 30 cities could get resources in same time as someone with one city. If Grepolis are okay with this, I am sure that large players would be happy.
Still, current system beats having to select each farm individually!

DeletedUser

Kind of bump; this keeps being asked again and again, just found this thread was passed.
I think there would be an issue with it, maybe why it hasn't been done yet: bot cheating risks. And there's a way to solve this, captcha input. Here's the suggestion I made in another thread, for further discussion...

I do agree the actual process requires too many clicks.
I'd see 2 kinds of needs.
1) Usual farming, where you just need to know if demand is ready, so 1 icon per village is enough. Having to click island by island is boring and time-consuming, and a burden when you have a big account. I guess many big players more or less give up the farming villages... If you only need 1 icon per village, it's definitely feasible to put it all on the same screen.
2) Trading, expanding, or more rare demands like recruiting units. Then, the actual icons make it.
So I think it would require 2 overviews to rationalize it.
For bot cheating: roughly, it makes the computer writing/clicking where you're not there, so it could farm every 5 minutes all day... That's why we need those captcha input. But precisely, I think the actual farming overview with those too many clicks could tempt the cheats.
We could imagine for example the global farming view with possibility to tick every island, then launch farming all at once but only by validating captcha input. This would make the often-asked global farming button, avoid cheating risks, and avoid many useless calls to Inno's servers all at once...

DeletedUser

we need to do this . if you buy the captain you except farming to be quick going looting through 20 cities is not. big players are the ones who are serious.

DeletedUser46395

I would modify this; I would like to be able to farm by city group. If it were somehow possible to do that WITHOUT allowing a group of all cities to be farmed at once (which I agree does affect the balance a bit too much in favour of the big players), then I think it would keep the game fresher for longer, encourage the use of the captain and thus suit both Inno and players.

DeletedUser33297

I believe farming should reward the time you actually spend on farming. It's simply a key element in the game, especially early game, the more time you spend on farming the more resources you should get. By implimenting this idea I feel as if this would unbalance the farming aspect off the game too heavely.

a) The more cities a player has the more resources that player would get for just 1 klick.

b) Those who use gold in this game and are able to get the captain would gain even a bigger advantage than they already have.

And to be totally honest, I believe the bonusses the captain gives compared to the other "advisers" are already quite overpowered. In my opinion the captain would be the last premium feature that needs an udpate to encourage the people to get it.

DeletedUser

I understand how convenient any type of one-click farming systems are and I would love it, if that was the case, but on the other hand this really upsets the power-balance in this game in favor of larger players. Right now farming is super efficient with the captain when You have few cities (less than 15) but even with the captain farming becomes incredibly tedious after You reach a certain size (say 50+ cities) and Im almost certain most players just give up farming at that point, as the time it takes to farm is riddiculusly long.
In my eyes, though tedious for me, this kind of balances the game, as smaller players will have the chance to catch up. After some point, those resources You get from farming really stop having any real effect on You aswell as Your total amount of resources will become so large You are fully self-sufficient by just trading around your resources between cities.

DeletedUser42393

I understand how convenient any type of one-click farming systems are and I would love it, if that was the case, but on the other hand this really upsets the power-balance in this game in favor of larger players. Right now farming is super efficient with the captain when You have few cities (less than 15) but even with the captain farming becomes incredibly tedious after You reach a certain size (say 50+ cities) and Im almost certain most players just give up farming at that point, as the time it takes to farm is riddiculusly long.
In my eyes, though tedious for me, this kind of balances the game, as smaller players will have the chance to catch up. After some point, those resources You get from farming really stop having any real effect on You aswell as Your total amount of resources will become so large You are fully self-sufficient by just trading around your resources between cities.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

DeletedUser

I believe farming should reward the time you actually spend on farming. It's simply a key element in the game, especially early game, the more time you spend on farming the more resources you should get. By implimenting this idea I feel as if this would unbalance the farming aspect off the game too heavely.

a) The more cities a player has the more resources that player would get for just 1 klick.

b) Those who use gold in this game and are able to get the captain would gain even a bigger advantage than they already have.

And to be totally honest, I believe the bonusses the captain gives compared to the other "advisers" are already quite overpowered. In my opinion the captain would be the last premium feature that needs an udpate to encourage the people to get it.

When city is 2k, farming villages give an important boost to help growing. When city's 13k, it's only a small plus. When you have 50 13k cities, you're more focused on balancing ressources between cities. I don't think easing farming would favor the bigger players so much. If a player has 40 cities and wants to rim you when you only have 1 small city, basically, he can, with or without farming villages.
IMO, in practice, easing farming would rather help small players, because more small players would find the time for it. And game is more balanced by the fact big players have less time to deal best with their ressources in each city.

Farming is a reward for those who spend more time on the game. And, somewhat, it's fair. But clicking every 10 minutes all day long is still a very demanding schedule, even if it's only 1 click.

I understand keeping balance for non-gold users, and I don't like seeing gold features everywhere to speed up things, feels like cheating. But I understand the principle of advisors that produces some regular income for Inno. Devs have to pay their rent and feed their family too, and price looks reasonable. Assuming you purchase gold for 20 euros, you'll have Captain for about 1 euro per month. Normally, if you have computer and internet, then it can be afforded. Though I think something lacks to give access to gold for those who don't have credit card.

Is Captain over-powered compared to other advisers? Depends on the situation IMO. Though it's a bit illogical to have farming villages going with Captain. It could go with Administrator (or Commander), for realism.

Just my view.

DeletedUser33297

When city is 2k, farming villages give an important boost to help growing. When city's 13k, it's only a small plus. When you have 50 13k cities, you're more focused on balancing ressources between cities. I don't think easing farming would favor the bigger players so much. If a player has 40 cities and wants to rim you when you only have 1 small city, basically, he can, with or without farming villages.

Ofcourse any 40+ player city can take out a player with one small city, but that's not the point. Let's do some maths;

Let's say a certain player has 50 cities, at that point most farming cities will be conquered and upgraded to lvl 6.
Let's say another player has 15 cities, with a bit of luck he'll also have all farming cities conquered and upgraded.

Both click their "demand 8 hours button" once on a speed 2 world.

What they end up with for the same amount of clicks and time spend on farming once this idea gets implimented:
The 50 city player would get: 611x8x50= 244400 of every resource. That's about 188 ls without doing any trading. - stone and silver would be left over
The 15 city player would get: 611x8x15= 73320 of every resource. That's about 57 ls without doing any trading. - stone and silver would be left over

My problem being, for the same amount of clicks the 50 city player would get (244400-73320)x3= 513240 more resources in total. When not trading anything he would have 188-57= 131 extra ls.

I think my point is quite clear, farming would no longer reward the time you spend on actually farming, whether clicking every 10 minutes is still a big effort or not.

About the captain being overpowered; If I were to pick one of the advisers right now it would be the captain because of the bonusses and the farming. That would probably change by the time I get over 30 cities, but especially early game the captain does not need a boost in order for more people to get him. And late game farming is still very effective with the captain active compared to the players that do not have him active, not to forget the 20% naval bonus and the faster trading.

About the fact it's perhaps relatively cheap I believe sirloin explained it quite well in this post:

Some people actually cannot get gold. It isn't a choice for everyone, and inno advertises Grepo as a "play for free" game, which is a marketing incentive. I would never have started playing browser games (first TW and then Grepo) if I had not been able to play for free, and to a high enough level to get hooked.

For people who are unable to get any gold at all, ever, then 100 gold twice a month actually is too much. Infinitely too much. There are others also for whom it would also be too much. Although I see a bunch of earn gold offers, they are not all what they seem, several require a valid credit card and some even a purchase, making them unavailable to many of our younger players.

Like he said, some of the players on grepolis simply cannot get the needed gold.

DeletedUser48696

I was actually going to post an improvement about farming, then I found this.

I have very slow internet speed, and I'm sure quite a few others who play are the same. I have timed myself using the Captain overview a few times and it averaged 1 minute 5 seconds for me to demand for 20 minutes with 7 cities. In my opinion, this is too long, I can't wait until I have more cities.. :heh:

Even just a small tab below your troop/harbour overview on the bottom right of the screen, or somewhere else, that is a one click function would be great.

DeletedUser18407

this has been discussed before regarding market place , trading gold is somewhat limited maybe increase the cap of this on the resource size to 5000-10000 for minimum of 50-200 gold

also maybe a trade within the market place regarding spells ?

say 1000 resources > gives you a happiness spell ?

currently the phonecian merchant comes to city every 24 hour hours but i feel if there was more a shop feel to the market place where you could purchase special spells ,special troops resources etc for resources or gold it would increase game performance and excitability