Farming Quiz

DeletedUser

Greetings - This post offers the chance to demonstrate your superior grasp of farming in Grepolis.

The Wiki entry for farming follows:
http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Farming

Another useful guide on farming appears here:
http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Ultimate_Beginners_Guide#Farming

I read the Wiki pages and the guide, but several questions remain. Your honest answers would be greatly appreciated. I included my best guess to each question.

1. Does luck play a role when attacking a farming village?
NO

2. Does morale a role when attacking a farming village?
NO

3. If you attack a farm and all units (attacking and defending) perish, do you gain control of the farm?
YES

4. Can multiple players in different alliances contribute resources to raise the farm level?
YES

5. When a farm gains a level, does everyone farming it benefit even when they belong to different alliances?
YES

6. Does the "Daily Maximum Farm Amount" for a given farm apply to players individually or to everyone farming it combined?
INDIVIDUALLY

7. Can a city on Island-1 farm a village on Island-2?
NO

8. Does the level of a farm affect what troops will defend it or does only your farming village count matter?
ONLY THE VILLAGE COUNT

9. Can one player clear a hostile farm for another player?
NO

10. If you attack/defeat a hostile level 2 farm, will you receive the benefit of that level?
YES (hope so anyway)

11. Can you somehow support a farming village?
NO

12. Can you still plunder resources from a player city by attacking?
YES (hope so anyway)

13. Can looting a farm with an 80% mood and no Diplomacy result in a revolt?
UNCERTAIN

14. What is the mood based forumula for the chance of a farming village to revolt?
NO IDEA

BONUS Question: It's not strictly about farming, but I wondered about it anyway.

15. Does the Diplomacy technology allow you to trade resources with a farm when the mood lies within 64% to 100% instead of only 80% to 100%?
UNCERTAIN

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6.Individually
7.No
8.Yes
9.No
10.Yes
11. No
12. Yes
13. Depends
14. There is different moods for all the farm villages,
Some can go to 30% others 80%
15.Trade doesn't interfere with the mood.

DeletedUser

The last one is yes. The mood must be +80% so you can trade.

DeletedUser

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes
6.Individually
7.No
8.Yes
9.No
10.Yes
11. No
12. Yes
13. Depends
14. There is different moods for all the farm villages,
Some can go to 30% others 80%
15.Trade doesn't interfere with the mood.

Thanks for the response! Your answer to #4 surprises me.

4. Can multiple players in different alliances contribute resources to raise the farm level?

Since the original post, I acquired and started benefiting from a higher level farm without initially contributing resources. In several cases, I added resources to farms that showed a pre-existing amount.

DeletedUser

The last one is yes. The mood must be +80% so you can trade.

Thanks for the response to #15, but the impact of Diplomacy on trading with farms still seems unclear to me. Would Diplomacy allow me to trade with a farm at mood 64%?

DeletedUser

Oh number 4 is a yes since every player on an island can contribute to increase the level of a farm.
11. No you cant.

DeletedUser19930

I have Revolted a village, the mood went to only 72%, I have the other village that also is 72% mood but did not revolt. They are almost identical as I just started the game. I looted and raided them at the same time. This is annoying as every bit of resource is needed at the beginning.

DeletedUser

I have Revolted a village, the mood went to only 72%, I have the other village that also is 72% mood but did not revolt. They are almost identical as I just started the game. I looted and raided them at the same time. This is annoying as every bit of resource is needed at the beginning.

Yeah - that's a tough break. The daily login bonus you receive for the first five days should let you recover swiftly.

I remember reading that some random troops will now defend the revolting village which you must re-take before farming it again. Would attacking the farm with a single swordsmen give you the defending troop counts? I'm not sure.

I think you can safely loot resources and demand units down to 80% (64% with Diplomacy research). You can also demand resources which does not impact mood.

That still leaves a couple gray areas which I'm unwilling to test at this point:
1. Looting resources or demanding troops with the mood on or above 80% and thereby forcing it below 80%
2. Demanding resources with the mood already below 80%

These two items may or may not be safe. Looting resources and demanding troops when the mood is already below 80% is definitely not safe.

All of the 80% values listed above drop to 64% with Diplomacy research.

DeletedUser

Demanding is always safe.

... ...
A farming village once went revolt when I demanded right after I did a 5 minute loot @ 50% mood. Never do consecutive 5 min farming at those mood levels. *remorse*... ... :(

I'd say it's best you do anything with the mood only above 60%

DeletedUser

No demanding is ALWAYS safe even at 0%. It's looting you need to get afraid off. Demanding doesn't decrease your Farming village's mood by the way so dunno how the village revolted because you demanded.

DeletedUser

not consecutivly it isnt. I've had a farming villy revolt when demanding right after a loot with back to back 5 min farming. But its safe to demand anything if it's not 5 minute farming you are doing. Any where from 0% -100% you demand, they will not revolt- if you didn't recently consecutively loot. Also it's completely safe to demand 5 mins over 60% - 70% mood. Its just the moods below 50% you gotta be wary of. These farming villages are finicky.

DeletedUser

The village has revolted on the loot. Try demanding and tell me if the mood decreases. If it does report it.

DeletedUser

Like Hagop has stated your farming villages mood should not decrease upon demanding. On the other hand, if you loot the village it'll drop depending on how many resources you loot.