Passed Farming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14937

Proposal:
Have a button on all islands that allows non-premium using players to farm that island with 1 click. Then for the captain farming overview, have a button that allows all the players islands to be farmed at the same time.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
There's a similar one in development but I want to have it more structured and add an extra bit.

Reason: Farming in 2.0 is a chore for most, this change would encourage more players to want to farm and make it much easier for everyone while maintaining the advantage the premium players would have by using the farming overview :)

Details:
Explained above

Visual Aids:
I fail at gfx so no pictures.

Balance:
It improves farming for everyone and keeps a gap between premium and non premium players, shouldn't upset the balance of the game ;).

Abuse Prevention:
n/a

Summary:
Any questions just ask, but I would hope I kept it simple and precise. :)

DeletedUser

Hm. This is better than previous suggestions regarding simplifying farming, as it keeps the balance between non-premium and premium, but I'm still against it, personally.. If it's as simple as 1-click farming for all cities at once, what's the point of even having the farming villages at all? Why not just give players free resources every five minutes?

DeletedUser14937

If i recall the 2.0 farming upgrade was meant to "increase activity", for me it's always been way too time consuming, I barely hit the 8-9k mark if I spend the whole day farming (I use captain overview). Having it this way at least encourages people to farm a bit more since it's much easier then.
Then of course you still have to be at your computer clicking "farm villages" every 5 minutes to get your resources ;)

DeletedUser

Now that Grepolis is going mobile, it's hardly an argument to claim that you have to be at your computer every 5 minutes. Most children these days seem to have mobile phones (at least most of those who have access to the Internet to play Grepolis each day probably do), so it's not too much hassle to do, even less so with it being reduced to just 1 click.

I admit that I'd likely get a great deal of benefit from this, were it added, but from the way I see it, the resources provided by farming villages are free. Surely there should be some effort required to claim them?

DeletedUser

I've had this same thought myself! As-is, the game really discourages players from growth because farming villages becomes more difficult by each city you grow. A "Farm All Cities" button would be great (esp. if it looked just like another city in the attack planner...at the top...so you could do whatever farming time you wish 5min/10min/...8hr).

DeletedUser

I am a premium user and its still a pain having to click twice to get to the farming options, could we just have one button on the tool bar for farming only for premium users please, it cuts down the time and makes farming of all our farming villages a lot easy-er.

DeletedUser19618

Yes the idea is nice.I don't have enough time to farm all the villages in all my cities.So a button for all the villages in one city would be nice.

DeletedUser

I would LOVE this to be implemented. With my internet and 38 cities to farm, 76 clicks takes like four minutes.... once I get like 45 cities to do five minute farms I would have to farm constantly, lmao. +rep.

DeletedUser

i like the idea too, but im going to pretend that the devs might consider it :D

so moved to improvements

please continue to post your feedback

DeletedUser

I would say this is a marked-improvement to the current system, even using Captain at present becomes tedious after months of having to click 8 hour demands/loots on 20+ cities, as there is no way you can get optimal farming without having to be at a keyboard, mashing your mouse buttons like a chimp.

Perhaps having an automated farming feature that takes resources every 5 minutes without you having to click makes a world of difference, and if I need resources really soon; I can just pick 4-8 hours instead of the usual 5 minutes. This would be an ideal system for people who buy premium like myself, and if this were coupled with say a 'Farming Schedule' or something a long those lines where you can choose different demands/lootings/training of troops and place them all in a queue when you are online and active, I think such a system would be more encouraging to prospective players than the present one.

DeletedUser

I would say this is a marked-improvement to the current system, even using Captain at present becomes tedious after months of having to click 8 hour demands/loots on 20+ cities, as there is no way you can get optimal farming without having to be at a keyboard, mashing your mouse buttons like a chimp.

Perhaps having an automated farming feature that takes resources every 5 minutes without you having to click makes a world of difference, and if I need resources really soon; I can just pick 4-8 hours instead of the usual 5 minutes. This would be an ideal system for people who buy premium like myself, and if this were coupled with say a 'Farming Schedule' or something a long those lines where you can choose different demands/lootings/training of troops and place them all in a queue when you are online and active, I think such a system would be more encouraging to prospective players than the present one.

This would also encourage players with no premium to buy it to also get the upper hand in the game.

Cmon inno think of the money you will get :p

DeletedUser

This automated no interaction involved is called a bot, and certain players already use these and get banned for them. You already get resources from mines with no interaction what more do you want?

As to the idea: abuse/prevention: This would allow cheating players to have simpler bots to allow abuse of "one button clicks".When you have many cities just demand for 8hrs and go farm other players if you need more, and cant get enough between intercity trades.

DeletedUser

I major issue with the premium option on this idea. If you have multiple cities on the same island where would the resources go (which city)

Edit: cos I like to populate an entire island, one at a time :)

DeletedUser

As to the idea: abuse/prevention: This would allow cheating players to have simpler bots to allow abuse of "one button clicks".When you have many cities just demand for 8hrs and go farm other players if you need more, and cant get enough between intercity trades.

A very good point. With the current system, bots are fairly easy to detect. I don't know how good Inno's bot detection systems are, but bots for things like this are generally very clunky, and use the same movement patterns over and over again, making them easy to detect. With this proposed system, it would be near impossible to detect. Heck, you wouldn't even need a sophisticated bot, just get an auto-clicker and set it to click once on the 'Farm all' button, with a randomiser set between 300 and 360 seconds, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.