Fastest Growing of top alliances

DeletedUser

Some interesting stats for January 2013 (so far), table shows total alliance cities on 2 dates, net change, and Average cities gained per member:

PellaJanCitiesPerMem_zps7289aae4.gif

Merger activity again at the top, and low scores for MOS and GGW perhaps reflecting the intensity of the conflict between them ?

Still surprising that MOS have lost cities in this period, perhaps reflecting their inactivity problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33171

Not really. MOS has hundreds of internal take overs. This eats up our resources, time and free slots. How would we take care about enemy cities in this situation?? The only weird fact that GGW&DOOM&PfK conquered very few cities from us. Losing 13 cities on the periphery is not big loss..
So what's the matter guys? Don't you have enought free slots? :p

DeletedUser1483

Still surprising that MOS have lost cities in this period, perhaps reflecting their inactivity problem.

If you did this today..

Ive kicked 2 members just yesterday out of MOS. That accounts for 45 cities approximately.

Which affects the count slightly.

--------

- Sarrissa is probably at the top because they have taken in Braveheart members this month. Unless you took this into account? (im not too great with stats).

- I think TDK took in some new members, but they also had a low inactivity count if i remember right? So thats a good plus for them.

- I know TSL are dealing with inactives as well, plus their conflict with OFTR is a drain on their resources as they are having to move a little further to take enemy cities. They would have to comment on that one themselves though.

Just my comments on the above. Good graph though. :)

Chris

DeletedUser35805

The only weird fact that GGW&DOOM&PfK conquered very few cities from us. Losing 13 cities on the periphery is not big loss..
So what's the matter guys? Don't you have enought free slots? :p

For PFK, the problem is not that we can't take cities, the problem is that most of ocean 66 was in VM until yesterday. And, chris said he has kicked those two players from the alliance due to the fact they aren't active anymore. We are still waiting on a couple more guys to get out of VM, I'd expect them to be inactive and get the boot as well. So that will make about 100 cities that are former MOS that will go to us, but will not count in the rankings. Progress is progress, and eventually we will come across some active players of MOS who will actually stand and fight instead of curling up in VM. Should be fun when that happens as that will really make things interesting again :)

DeletedUser1483

Dammit.. we would actually be in 9th place if I had waited til today to kick those 2 members. Lol. ;)

:pro:

DeletedUser24139

I'm guessing there are a few more that will be booted shortly

DeletedUser1483

As inactive members get sifted through internals and become no longer any use, of course they will get booted. :)

Same as any other alliance.

DeletedUser24139

Too bad Star Commander is another one on your list. Just came out of VM and is inactive. A shame really....Simon was a good player and good guy. It just so happens I took his original account back in the days of Epsilon....RL got in the way then too.

DeletedUser1483

Same thing again unfortunately. :( RL too busy for him at the moment.

At least he took the time to let us know. :) I tell you, if MOS is ever "Defeated" (depending on your definition), it will be through inactivity and not through loss of cities. lol.

DeletedUser

haha yea but to be fair chris every alliance suffers from players being lost to real life or things of the sort. I mean if you look at Play for Keeps most of the original members such as Cudon, UB, Apheidas, Jbomb, Salty, and I are all gone because of real life or other servers. The only original PfK members left that I can tell who have been there since the beggining are Johnpaul and Brackas.

I get your point lol. Just saying every alliance suffers from inactivity and losing good players to real life.

DeletedUser1483

Oh i know. Im not saying MOS is alone. LOL.

Im just saying that is what the downfall of MOS would be, if there is one. :)

It would probably be the downfall of PFK or DOOM as well. I doubt they would fall apart from pressure.

GGW is a different matter. I figure they will be somewhere else by WW.

DeletedUser1483

PFK and DOOM planning to merge into GGW for wonders then? Or fight each other for the crown? :)

Out of DOOM, GGW and PfK I would suggest GGW are the weakest. (Not that you are weak, not saying that, just the weakest of the 3).

So I would assume a merge would happen into one of the other 2. I'm just musing anyway. I've no idea what your plan is, :) nor am I too bothered. I've said several times everyone needs to chill out a little more. I'm enjoying surviving another day, who cares when wonders is. :cool:

DeletedUser

My experience of players "leaving due to RL" is thats usually an 'after-the-event' rationalisation that follows a period of increased pressure within grepolis. So, its not usually a change in RL circumstances, but a change in Grepolis circumstances ! This increased pressure within the game demands more time, and its at that point that the grepolis comes into conflict with their RL (not a change in their RL).

It'd be interesting to see if theres a correlation between a sudden rise in BP's and accounts being VM'd and/or terminated, due to Battle Fatigue !

DeletedUser1483

My experience of players "leaving due to RL" is thats usually an 'after-the-event' rationalisation that follows a period of increased pressure within grepolis. So, its not usually a change in RL circumstances, but a change in Grepolis circumstances ! This increased pressure within the game demands more time, and its at that point that the grepolis comes into conflict with their RL (not a change in their RL).

It'd be interesting to see if theres a correlation between a sudden rise in BP's and accounts being VM'd and/or terminated, due to Battle Fatigue !

I'd be interested to see that as well! Although.. I'm not the stats man as you guys well know. :p so I'll leave that task to you Leonidas.

Unfortunately I know alot of people that have left because of health. Whether its their families or their own. I guess alot of people leave during the game because its a very extended game, playing over a period of 10months alot can happen in RL and in the game.

I could get run over by a bus tomorrow and make GGW very happy. You guys would probably never know and just see me go inactive. Lol.

Then a never ending torrent of "quitter", "coward" and "running away" would come out ingame and on the externals. Sad reality. Bit of a grim thought, so I'll end with a joke.

"What's the difference between erotic and kinky?
Erotic is when you use chicken feathers to tickle.
Kinky is when you use the whole chicken."

:pro:

DeletedUser31450

Dont go outside Chris, dont even leave your mums basement...we cant risk anything happening

DeletedUser

Heres a graph showing MOS's three primary ongoing Wars and the net gain/loss in conquests.
Notably, their winning streak against GGW has recently (over the last 2 weeks) ground to a halt and is at last in reverse. And while their focus has been on GGW, they've been steadily losing cities to both PFK and DOOM, with an overall net loss to their enemies:
MOSsWarsGraph_zpse737a6f3.gif