Feature #1 - Auto Updating Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5

Okay, so the first feature that I've released is the Auto Updating maps.

As you've probably all noticed, I have posted a bunch of auto updating maps in each of the world forums. There are currently 3 maps that I'm generating. These are:
  • Top 15 players
  • Top 15 alliances
  • Conquers from last 7 days

I am planning to make more maps, and wish to take some ideas on board for new maps.

Each map is generated at the top of the hour, every hour. Each hour, I am also caching the image, so that I can generate mini slide shows showing the progression of worlds etc.

Some ideas for other maps would currently be as follows:

• Map showing all conquers from all time
  • Map showing top 15 players ODA
  • Map showing top 15 players ODD
  • Map showing top 15 Alliances ODA
  • Map showing top 15 alliances ODD

Please help me to develop this list, so that I can implement more.

More features to come ;)

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All conquers from all time would be a mess, just a map covered in dots. but maybe a map showing the top 15 alliance's growth or something like that.

DeletedUser

Very impressed with the efforts you put into the maps.
However I did notice that a lot of the top alliances in the northern area's are not shown.
How are you choosing which alliances you put in?

Thanks again..........GREAT JOB !

DeletedUser8362

would love to see maps that have the top 15 weekly conquers, each associated with a color for the full week. Ie) alliance #1 is blue and you see all of their conquers within the last week. maybe you could make these ones update weekly? :cool:

DeletedUser

how about maps with top 15BP players/alliances, top 15 ABP players/alliances, and top 15 DBP players and alliances?

DeletedUser5

Due to the fact I wasn't planning to release all worlds maps together, I'm having to migrate to a new web host, so there may be some downtime over the next few hours, I'm not sure how much there will be, if any. This move will allow me to expand more and more, and I will have some new maps on the way for you all. I apologise if there is downtime over the next few hours.

In addition to the extra maps, I have come up with a better layout for the maps, fully configurable, so I can easily change parts to suit. Hopefully this will allow for easier viewing on the maps.

I will be choosing some better colours for the towns as well over the next day. I hope they will be clearer colours against the new background.

DeletedUser

I like the new layout, it is easier to decifer the different players on this map

DeletedUser

Top 15 - Points per days of playing

A Top 15 players : Average points per days of playing (since first conquer) would be nice.

Thanks for those maps. It's really nice.

DeletedUser

On the alliance map could you put family alliances as one team, for example, the Hive, Hive2 and Hive 3 all work together as if they are one alliance and im sure its similar with other alliances like Evolution.

DeletedUser

I know this would be a feature to be added way in the future but do you think you could make a tool that would let you make your own maps like the ones you have made?

DeletedUser2663

On the alliance map could you put family alliances as one team, for example, the Hive, Hive2 and Hive 3 all work together as if they are one alliance and im sure its similar with other alliances like Evolution.

i second this idea, having it so family alliances/branches/acadamys show up as one on these maps would be very handy indeed

DeletedUser

Because there's a script running getting 15 first alliances and displaying them, it's difficult to make a script detecting similar names. Not that it can't be done, but it doesn't worth the effort, I think?

DeletedUser5

Because there's a script running getting 15 first alliances and displaying them, it's difficult to make a script detecting similar names. Not that it can't be done, but it doesn't worth the effort, I think?

You're right, it is possible to check for similar names. However, some academy alliances/family alliances might not have similar names at all.

The only plausible way to implement this would be to have someone update the families periodically, and at the moment, I'm not going to implement this functionality.

I'm working on more maps, and as you've said, it doesn't seem worth the effort just to see a couple of separate alliances grouped together just because they're "family alliances".

DeletedUser

very nice work
the only thing which would help in my opinion would be changing the background to black color - bigger contrast, better visibilty of colours

thanks

DeletedUser5

very nice work
the only thing which would help in my opinion would be changing the background to black color - bigger contrast, better visibilty of colours

thanks

The background won't be turning black. However...

In addition to the extra maps, I have come up with a better layout for the maps, fully configurable, so I can easily change parts to suit. Hopefully this will allow for easier viewing on the maps.

I will be choosing some better colours for the towns as well over the next day. I hope they will be clearer colours against the new background.

DeletedUser

Oceanic Dominance if you want to get technical, one map for each would be nice, like TW. Mostly the alliance map is what I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.