Feedback for Community Preview 2022.

Golfnut2099

Hoplite
Grepolis has really fallen over the last decade. If you did not start a world in the first day, you were outside of the four core oceans.

There are several things that need to happen for Grepolis to rebound:

1) Crack down HARD on bot users. There are obvious reactions taken by the bot. Mods need to be able to detect these and permanently ban the players. Heck, if they can put a Captcha on Gold trades in the market, they can put that other places in the game as well. It is not fun to be spammed by a bot constantly.

2) Get rid of all of the events. Flyer tokens really ruin the game.

3) Get rid of gold. I understand this is the way Grepolis makes money, but people who are willing to spend money have a huge advantage over those who do not. OK... Maybe not get rid of gold completely, but limit its usage.

annette61

Phrourach
You know i have played a long time and i look around for new cites and i have been thinking to my self i swear to god there are more rock islands now than farming islands so after looking at the map it conforms what i have seen the last couple years and this all because they try to make the world bigger than what it is so sad now to look at a map. If there is one thing inno need to change its that you have to go half way across an ocean to get to a farming island.You ask what kills a world is not being able to take good islands
5d15436e3917e42f29c30072b642d62f.png

https://gyazo.com/5d15436e3917e42f29c30072b642d62f There is 40 plus rocks to 9 farming islands on the left

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
You know i have played a long time and i look around for new cites and i have been thinking to my self i swear to god there are more rock islands now than farming islands so after looking at the map it conforms what i have seen the last couple years and this all because they try to make the world bigger than what it is so sad now to look at a map. If there is one thing inno need to change its that you have to go half way across an ocean to get to a farming island.You ask what kills a world is not being able to take good islands
5d15436e3917e42f29c30072b642d62f.png

https://gyazo.com/5d15436e3917e42f29c30072b642d62f There is 40 plus rocks to 9 farming islands on the left

im glad someone else picked up on that... there are way too many rock islands in new worlds..

Golfnut2099

Hoplite
nice you just gave them ideas to shut the game down entirely lol
Then you want to go the opposite way?

1) Legalize all bots --> Takes the fun out of the game if the computer is playing for you.
2) Run events all the time, so that people who are willing to spend real money on gold can buy flyer tokens?
3) Gold, gold, GOLD... Make it so ONLY people who are willing to buy gold are the only ones to play.

Look at the world maps from Lambda, Carphi, and any old world.

http://en86.grepolismaps.org/

EN86 went three oceans out from the core. There were thousands of players.

I am playing EN182 (sort of...) I have three cities and I am ranked 509. The 100th ranked player has 4 cities.

Grepolis is dying now. I know Grepolis is a business, but people do not want to play a game where a cheater can spam you with a bot 24 hours a day. People do not want to spend a lot of money to play a game online.

Golfnut2099

Hoplite
Let me also say this... Gold use has ruined the game. Everything in the game revolves around gold.

Why does Grepolis have events? To get the player to spend gold.

Every action can be sped up by gold. The big players at the start of the world got there, because they spent gold.

Back in the old days (Iota, Lambda, Carphi, etc...) players only used gold for the advisors. Grepolis got greedy... "How can we get players to spend more money?"

That is what killed Grepolis.

They just cracked one of the most advanced bots supposedly and made it detectable.

Save for Easter and Halloween, events are really nerfed for flyers. Almost too much so in most cases.

Inno isn’t getting rid of gold.

IvoryDeathbender

Hekatontarch
Spread out the initial drop and make it a ring. Put a center cluster in the middle with various sized ghosted that has a Beginners protection of double the players and then in between island clusters have 1-2 rocks worth of space. Make it "competitive" for the offense to infiltrator another island cluster.

annette61

Phrourach
count the rocks islands to farming islands there are 42 rocks islands to 9 farming islands on the left hand side of the map

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Then you want to go the opposite way?

1) Legalize all bots --> Takes the fun out of the game if the computer is playing for you.
2) Run events all the time, so that people who are willing to spend real money on gold can buy flyer tokens?
3) Gold, gold, GOLD... Make it so ONLY people who are willing to buy gold are the only ones to play.

Look at the world maps from Lambda, Carphi, and any old world.

http://en86.grepolismaps.org/

EN86 went three oceans out from the core. There were thousands of players.

I am playing EN182 (sort of...) I have three cities and I am ranked 509. The 100th ranked player has 4 cities.

Grepolis is dying now. I know Grepolis is a business, but people do not want to play a game where a cheater can spam you with a bot 24 hours a day. People do not want to spend a lot of money to play a game online.

no dude, i was saying if you cut out the gold or limit their income game would shut down within a year or less.