Fighting the Good Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

With time and experience with this game, I've realized that this game is just like any real life scenario, not any more or less important, but still consisting of the same kinds of people. A spectrum of people are offered in this world, and what my purpose here is to unite those who fight for the good, the positive, the fair, the just, the honest.

I am by no means perfect, but I strive for higher ideals in and out of game and my experience in WoK has led me to some of the same conclusions that I've drawn in life. That every action has an equivalent or greater reaction. Every bireme sent for support is returned by three, every favor or free resource given is followed by much assistance when it is needed, and the same goes for the hostile actions, every spy gets a return of spying on one's cities, every attack leads to new enemies and more attacks received, every threat is remembered and returned with a growing resent and eventual hostile return. Some may call this karma, some would say that is just how life goes, yet others are unaware how far their goodwill or ill-intent actually goes, and other more dubious players use goodwill for selfish reasons because they know it will be returned.

I am writing this today to encourage the positive ideals that this world, beta, and the Earth needs. Too often are people only concerned with getting ahead and advancing their self. I find more value in helping others and using my resources to see to it that those who bully and give the ol "join or die" bit are the ones to be targeted. Some people find some temporary satisfaction in being number 1 or successfully bullying, intimidating, or destroying someone weaker than their self. So much for the Golden Rule in this example, I hope that the Karma that doing this causes is only felt in game, because I know that if such things happened in RL, it would cause someone, even my own enemy more stress and turmoil than anyone should need, especially if it was brought on by one's own actions. There is plenty of room for following positive ideals, yes it is a war game, not a peace game, but that does not give anyone the right to disrespect the individuals who are being targeted. To beat Q to the counter-point, I did say that his leadership style is ineffective, it is because of the reasons above, nothing more nothing less, it is not against him as a person, but his actions which have been less than honorable.

So in conclusion, I would like anyone in Beta who believes in similar ideals to contact me to see how we can help each other. I am looking for people who strongly believe in the good fight, for those who stand against selfishness, tyranny, propaganda, and coercion and for those who look out for others as if they were looking out for their own family. We are always looking for new allies, new contacts, and new players who have a sense of integrity and who care about other people, that's it. It's how I lead, I look out for the alliance before my own self. I take the heat from the players from Xmortis so that my players don't have to. I'm sure this message will further encourage them to attack me, though there are a handful of Xmortis that I've met in battle who truly respect their opponent and I'm sure they will see this message for what it is, to encourage positivity. That's it. I hope anybody gains something from this.

Sincerely,
Sensai

DeletedUser

Sound like you're fishing for peace in a sea a wars.
I'm a bully, come deal with me! In fact I believe I've just attacked one of your peacenics today.
Sorry, this is a war game and your batman syndrome will lead to you getting your *** kicked.

Really, what is the point of your post?

DeletedUser

he getting rimmed and need others to be dragged down with him :D

DeletedUser

The point of the post is beyond some people's level of consciousness. Those who see it will see it, those who don't will give me a hard time. I'm a fighter till the end, I choose my battles and I am trying to encourage positive action despite the fact that it is a war game. It won't work on you two, you are set in your ways, that is obvious.

My strength is not in taking cities, it is in leading people in more ways than just attacking, and that is in and out of game. So it is a game, but that doesn't mean that one can't learn from it and apply it to real life. I see how you guys lead your life, and when you look back to this day when you find your self in the same position that you have put others maybe you'll recognize some of the wisdom that I am trying to impart, but you probably won't. Thank you for proving my point Magic about respecting opponents.

DeletedUser

Sound like you're fishing for peace in a sea a wars.
I'm a bully, come deal with me! In fact I believe I've just attacked one of your peacenics today.
Sorry, this is a war game and your batman syndrome will lead to you getting your *** kicked.

Really, what is the point of your post?

lol + rep on this response ;P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The point of the post is beyond some people's level of consciousness. Those who see it will see it, those who don't will give me a hard time. I'm a fighter till the end, I choose my battles and I am trying to encourage positive action despite the fact that it is a war game. It won't work on you two, you are set in your ways, that is obvious.

My strength is not in taking cities, it is in leading people in more ways than just attacking, and that is in and out of game. So it is a game, but that doesn't mean that one can't learn from it and apply it to real life. I see how you guys lead your life, and when you look back to this day when you find your self in the same position that you have put others maybe you'll recognize some of the wisdom that I am trying to impart, but you probably won't. Thank you for proving my point Magic about respecting opponents.

Oh where to begin???
"The point of the post is beyond some people's level of consciousness" I suggest you mean understanding not consciousness, the later implies we need to be on drugs to understand you.. umm.. maybe you are right.

"So it is a game, but that doesn't mean that one can't learn from it and apply it to real life" Other way round really - I read Art of War by Sun Tzu, and parts of it do apply to the game.

"I see how you guys lead your life". No you haven't.

"I'm a fighter till the end, I choose my battles and I am trying to encourage positive action despite the fact that it is a war game." Please explain what you mean by this? Positive action? So it's OK for you to kick ***, but when others do they are bullies??

BTW, I assume Lordoverkill is a freind of yours... bolting? How 2010...

DeletedUser

His post is simply about being honest about it. I see your point here Sensai, but in all honesty in a war game such as this selfishness and such behavior will never end. Children and adults alike play this game. Children act like they want. Adults act like children have the time. I've noticed that the only way to survive is to have close allies who you fight with until the end and, to be blunt, say (insert word of choice) everyone else. A hero-complex will get you rimmed. Stand for your friend and what you believe in but in the end all is fair in war.

DeletedUser

Its funny, I know exactly how Sensai is thinking and feeling. I understand your point of view. But I think you're stuck in a well, and its time you climbed out and saw the light

DeletedUser

But I think you're stuck in a well, and its time you climbed out and saw the light

I think there are many players that need to climb out and see the light in this game.

Remembers people it is just a game.Time to grow up

DeletedUser

I think Sensai wants to scream and the world and society, and he's expressing it through this game

DeletedUser

Well I can not comment on that.Sensai is in my alliance that I just recently switched to.

DeletedUser

I get what he is saying, I understand and full heartily feel the same.

but if what is being said is true, then it comes to late, if the wolves are at the gate then you have waited to long.

DeletedUser

I get what he is saying, I understand and full heartily feel the same.

but if what is being said is true, then it comes to late, if the wolves are at the gate then you have waited to long.

we are hungry for blood

edit:
its not a personal thing just its what happens when ur an alliance founder.

DeletedUser

I get what you're saying Sensai, but this is Grepolis and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

BTW Xmortis, when are you guys gonna chop your way through WoK? Maybe I'll join if you make it to O57. I asked one of their guys for an invite, but they said they didn't want people like me :'(.

DeletedUser

Some of us are in 57 Milo ;)

Chop our way through? You can only move in as fast as you get the cl :(

Sensai... I do get where you are coming from, but on the other side of that you can be quite sneaky ;) You are not taking the hits for your alliance, you are a target of our choosing. Your alliances support is being wasted helping you, not vice versa and you are gaining the cl's, not them. You're a nice bloke and I respect you for that, but this is a war game and not everything fights the same way you do. Those on top are usually the brutal ones, take no prisoners blah blah. Although your ideal world is a nice idea, it's unrealistic :(

DeletedUser

I get what you're saying Sensai, but this is Grepolis and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

BTW Xmortis, when are you guys gonna chop your way through WoK? Maybe I'll join if you make it to O57. I asked one of their guys for an invite, but they said they didn't want people like me :'(.

first i heard of it Milo, dunno who you spoke to but i herd differently that you declined and went somewhere else instead? dunno...anyhow, u may want to look just a little NE of your little nubville island ;) its a nice little setup u got there, its got potential and i like what u've done with the place...unlike me, when I move in i always seem to upset people lol

DeletedUser

weekend almost over this is my realization, there is no fight. fighting the good fight means attacking. after looking at reports? i notice a lack of effort. so sensai when are you going to fight? being a turtle much? save ur alliance heartache. quit clearly u cant retaliate

DeletedUser

first i heard of it Milo, dunno who you spoke to but i herd differently that you declined and went somewhere else instead?

About WoK, nope, never declined anything. X, however, was an option for me, and I was thinking about joining after I fell out with SES. However, I was informed eventually that I wouldn't be able to join because most of Xmortis wanted me dead. :eek:

dunno...anyhow, u may want to look just a little NE of your little nubville island ;)

*islands :p

its a nice little setup u got there, its got potential and i like what u've done with the place...unlike me, when I move in i always seem to upset people lol

I'm hoping to someday be a major player in O57. I just need my cities to grow.

And I remember when you moved in to the O56 border. I was so angry. Lol. But that's the past.

DeletedUser

I was informed eventually that I wouldn't be able to join because most of Xmortis wanted me dead.

names? not asking you to rat people out but i never saw ur name arise as a target.

Status
Not open for further replies.