Figtree2's Daily Quotes

DeletedUser31385

Either attack or be attacked, conquer or be conquered. Peacefulness means death in such a hostile world. (referring to Grepolis)~ figtree2

DeletedUser31385

A strong person will fight until the end while a weak one will give up.

DeletedUser31385

A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.
Arnold H. Glasow

DeletedUser31385

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss

DeletedUser33530

You pull something from 2 years ago? Anyways, love is capable of overcoming any obstacle. It can match up to hate. You also forgot about envy.
:rolleyes:

Hate is the loudest of all the competition. It screams both vocally and by action. It applies universally, and is one of the easiest to instill. Love, hope and fear cannot even begin to compare its strength. The only combatant to hate is love. As love is too rare and sparsed out, it cannot possibly stand a chance against the hate-lustful crowd.

DeletedUser33530

His quote is wrong because love is all over the place.

Love may be the strongest of emotions, but it is too brittle to motivate universal action, and honest true love, that which does motivate those to action, is too rare to make any impact.
Honest true love:
Not a fake love, one that is found scraped into trees with initials encompassed by a heart, no. Not that petty love. I mean a genuine, heartfelt love. One that you feel in your dreams because it presses itself upon your mind every moment you try to concentrate on something else. I mean the love that pressures itself and impresses its weight upon your heart every time you hear their voice or see their face. I mean the love that despite what happens, through thick and thin, through the trials and the pain, through every beautiful and ugly aspect of life, you would consistently put your life on the line for said person.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33530

Love doesn't have to be just that. It is also family and some friends. It is just a different type of love.

Love may be the strongest of emotions, but it is too brittle to motivate universal action, and honest true love, that which does motivate those to action, is too rare to make any impact.

DeletedUser31385

Love can motivate a universal action. Love for something can unite everyone and cause something to happen or change.

DeletedUser33530

Look i could keep quoting pebble all day but i think just rereading his paper might do just as well.

DeletedUser31385

Now for today's quote:

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

DeletedUser31385

A Christian reveals true humility by showing the gentleness of Christ, by being always ready to help others, by speaking kind words and performing unselfish acts, which elevate and ennoble the most sacred message that has come to our world.
Ellen G. White

DeletedUser31385

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato