Finally Upgraded?

DeletedUser22133

And Shimmert... the thread against 2.0 has been deleted... And you'll think that the vote is a democratic one????

DeletedUser

Karel, please make sure you read this before you continue to post on this issue.

If you choose to preach democracy, don't support those that are undermining it, and realize there are a lot more players than just the top 100/200/etc. Yes, they are the bigger, more experienced players and should have a bigger say, but then it wouldn't be a democracy now, would it, as then the small players wouldn't have an equal say. And there are quite a few of them, odds are they outnumber those in the top more than you may expect, and the majority of them would likely vote for 2.0.

DeletedUser

Bah... you can have your "democracy"... I prefer a meritocracy!

But seriously, this does appear an emotive subject, and the sooner this is decided the beter.
I won't be donating until the results of the survey are announced - simply because I have no real idea of how the potential upgrade will effect me. That isn't a threat - it's a genuine measure of my uncertainty.

It;s all very good saying one person one vote, but really, a concensus amongst those who actually bother donating would be more sensible.

As I stated earlier - if I wanted to play 2.0, I would have signed up to one of those worlds.

DeletedUser22133

Karel, please make sure you read this before you continue to post on this issue.

If you choose to preach democracy, don't support those that are undermining it, and realize there are a lot more players than just the top 100/200/etc. Yes, they are the bigger, more experienced players and should have a bigger say, but then it wouldn't be a democracy now, would it, as then the small players wouldn't have an equal say. And there are quite a few of them, odds are they outnumber those in the top more than you may expect, and the majority of them would likely vote for 2.0.

Hello Z Grade,

Thank you for your message,

There are already 2.0 worlds. You got players who want to play at 1.26 worlds and those who want to play at 2.0 worlds. Why does Innogames wants to upgrade all worlds then?

And yes, you are going to tell me that there is a vote first, but why vote? There are paying customers who pay a lot of money for the game, are they not going to be listened to?

At the Dutch servers, there are no 1.26 worlds left. How is this possible? Has every player voted for 2.0? Offcourse not! So again; 2.0 is being pushed through!

Kind Regards,
Karel Wakzalver

DeletedUser13405

Z...

Does Rhode Island have the same number of representatives as New York? No, yet it is still democracy. Nothing wrong with representative democracy. A 175 point player in World Beta (yes, some new players are still joining) should not have the same vote as redneck woman who has 164 cities and has been playing since the game started. Sorry....that just isn't fair. And it is very disingenous for innogames to pretend otherwise.

~GS

Lugosi

Strategos
Z...

Does Rhode Island have the same number of representatives as New York? No, yet it is still democracy. Nothing wrong with representative democracy. A 175 point player in World Beta (yes, some new players are still joining) should not have the same vote as redneck woman who has 164 cities and has been playing since the game started. Sorry....that just isn't fair. And it is very disingenous for innogames to pretend otherwise.

~GS

I think its unfair to say people should vote by ranking standard but it could've been done by how long players have been playing this. In a way letting a new player vote, is like letting young children vote in the elections. They don't really have a developed and therefore valid opinion to vote on something like this but then again you have to respect that Mods are not gonna spend their time segregating groups of people as not all new accounts on beta are from new players. Some are from different worlds etc or people who have returned to Beta blah.

DeletedUser

Hi, I am from Czech rep. I speak English very bad, so sorry.

But I would like to say this: upgrade to 2.0 killing the fun from game. It is very bad, too many bugs are there and isn't possible to play by smartphone. All my friend reseted game and stopped.

Don't vote for 2.0, trust me.

Bye

DeletedUser

I shall contribute by agreeing with Jtin, that conducting a vote based on qualities such as time spent playing, points, and merit will by definition disqualify itself from being a democratic vote. It would be unfair to go by points, since as we all know in Beta, points do not show the true power of an alliance. Neither do the number of cities, neither does the time spent playing, or the number of alliance members.

Remember something here. Z Grade and Tyrion and others are Forum Mods. They are not the scientists working in the lab coming up with these ideas. Treat them with respect, as they only convey the message that the staff wish to send out. Imagine not having them. And 2.0 suddenly lands on our doorstep without a vote of any kind or any warning...not such a great thought hmm? Its only through the forum mods that we get a chance to intercede and influence the outcome.

Remember its not a prison, if you don't like it, then vote against 2.0. If 2.0 occurs and you don't like it, then leave. No one's forcing you to play. I know some of you put money into this game and don't want things to suddenly go the way you didn't pay for. Might want to get used to it...doesn't it sound familiar? *Coughgovernmentcough*. If you've sunk like hundreds and hundreds into the game then you might be able to write a letter directly to the staff, but don't badger our good forum mods over it.

DeletedUser

Adding my 2 constructive cents. Give us the power to demolish cities:D *thumbs up*