Fire Ship Ideas

DeletedUser39031

I'm re-posting my earlier response, I believe the problem is not anything to do with the fire ship itself but rather that it is so much weaker in comparison to the bireme, make the light-ship stronger and more people will use it.
Definately

DeletedUser8790

The main problem with this unit is that a city can be conquered when they are present which is insane!. The simplest change to fix these is that you keep everything the way it is except, after everything else is dead then they kill transports, hydra's, cs's. That way you cannot lose a city while you still have troops in it, duh...

So keep em slow etc. etc. this small change would have me building these ships by the bushell. And it makes sense.

DeletedUser

Simply let them kill anything and make them a bit faster... I mean rly, you don't light them on fire until they are at the battle. No one would ever drive a burning ship from one city to the next. Well at least not i...

-Vys

DeletedUser28137

I think that it is about time that the rebalancing was implemented! Talk about it has been going on for what, about 2-3 months now?!

DeletedUser

Well if Fire Ships majorly blow, why not implement the idea of having them have the ability to destroy 10-30% of Transport ships?

DeletedUser829

I'm going to Necro this because we need this changed. Having FireShips as a useful tool gives more options, which makes the game more diverse and better because of it.

A fire ship, used in the days of wooden rowed or sailing ships, was a ship filled with combustibles, deliberately set on fire and steered (or, where possible, allowed to drift) into an enemy fleet, in order to destroy ships, or to create panic and make the enemy break formation. Ships used as fire ships were usually old and worn out or purpose-built inexpensive vessels. An explosion ship or hellburner was a variation on the fire ship, intended to cause damage by blowing up in proximity to enemy ships. Fireships were famously used to great effect by the English against the Spanish Armada during the Battle of Gravelines.

Attacking:
-Enters battle first
-Kills a defending unit 1:1. Has a 20% chance of living through the first attack and killing a 2nd unit
-A unit killed by a fireship has a 10% chance of becoming a fireship.

Defending:
-Enters battle first
-Kills attacking units instantly 1:1. 10% chance of turning a defeated enemy ship into a fireship. 10% chance to survive death and kill another ship.
-Can kill transports and CS's

Make the speed blissfully slow.