Fire Ship Ideas

DeletedUser

Then you'll find out who i'm, it's not good for the lulz.... just kidding, report got deleted... haven't saved it, assume it's a new change by devs. I'll test it again within 24 hrs. For the record, a couple of FS remained in the harbor after CS bounced.

Hmmm really..... You arent Himalayas by any chance?? ;)

DeletedUser40230

this was probably because you didn't have enough land units or something, i'm 99% sure that the CS will land regardless of fireships. i would say 100% but took off 1% just in case the game mechanics have changed recently without anybody being told.

100% true...

I have had this tactic used against me...

The CS will land and start the siege if the target city's land units are wiped out...

DeletedUser8362

Idea

What if Fireships became a militia-type unit, based on harbour level/farm level and create a completely new unit for mobile use?

Fireships:
So first, the change of fire ships. We currently have militia for land units. But what if you want to defend from a naval attack and don't have any boats? Fireships could become a way for your militia to help out on the naval battle. You can either turn on the land version of the militia or the naval version of militia.

Of course 1 fireship is much stronger than the land version of militia, so to keep them equal in some way a fee to use the Fireships could be placed on the city (maybe 100-300 wood per fireship available). If they are to cost so much wood per lightship there could be an option to choose how many you want (up until your max) or you have to purchase the total number of fireships you can up until the maximum fireships you could enlist. In addition Fireships could reduce production 65% instead of the standard 50% with land militia. The option to use the fireships should require having harbor level 10 or researching it in the academy (4 research points instead of 8).The number of fireships will only increase until level 25 harbour.

Assuming H = harbour level and F = farm level the following formula could be used.

(10+F*H/2) /7 = number of fire ships available. The table below shows how many fireships will be awarded if you use a level 40 farm, and start at level 10. In addition it assumes that the cost for one fireship is 200 wood.

Harbour Level
Farm Level
Fireships Awarded
Price (Wood)
10​
40​
9​
1800​
11​
40​
10​
2000​
12​
40​
12​
2400​
13​
40​
14​
2800​
14​
40​
15​
3000​
15​
40​
18​
3600​
16​
40​
20​
4000​
17​
40​
22​
4400​
18​
40​
25​
5000​
19​
40​
27​
5400​
20​
40​
30​
6000​
21​
40​
33​
6600​
22​
40​
36​
7200​
23​
40​
39​
7800​
24​
40​
43​
8600​
25​
40​
46​
9200​

Of course the overall price is fairly cheap for a fully built city (max 20 000 resources). The numbers and formulas would have to be balanced out to make it still fair for an attacker, I just thought I would put one to show an example. I personally wouldn't want anything more than 30 fireships put in place, because that already reduces the number light ships in a ls nuke by 30 (leaving around 190).

A New Ship
The fire ships could be replaced by a new, very strong offensive unit that is cheep put moves incredibly slowly.

The specs for this ship could be:

Wood: 900
Rock: 500
Silver: 400
Pop: 7
Attack: 300
Defense: 15
Speed: 12

Again, these could be switched around. The important part in high attack, slow speed and cheaper than other units. Their slow speed moves people away from wanting them, but the low population and high attack value will result in many also wanting it. Could really shake the game up a bunch.

-mango

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First off, militia is realistic. Back then simple farmers would grab whatever to defend there lands from invaders. But ship militia? No. I mean militia would take maybe an 1 hr and less in real life, but ships would take time to build and get started on fire and such. Plus if you did do militia fire ships, it should cost no wood. The fire ships would be like ships already docked in the harbor, like a fisherman's ship. So since they have already been built, no wood is required.

DeletedUser37666

First off, militia is realistic. Back then simple farmers would grab whatever to defend there lands from invaders. But ship militia? No. I mean militia would take maybe an 1 hr and less in real life, but ships would take time to build and get started on fire and such. Plus if you did do militia fire ships, it should cost no wood. The fire ships would be like ships already docked in the harbor, like a fisherman's ship. So since they have already been built, no wood is required.

^^ Agreed

DeletedUser23986

then there should be a -100% on wood production for the time being. It can be 1-2 per harbour level.

your citizens burn all the fishing ships in the city to defend themselves. As a consequence, your entire timber prodcution gets spent in rebuilding those fishing ships. you will receive 2 ships per harbour level (until 15), but you timber production will seize.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What if Fireships became a militia-type unit, based on harbour level/farm level and create a completely new unit for mobile use?

Fireships:
So first, the change of fire ships. We currently have militia for land units. But what if you want to defend from a naval attack and don't have any boats? Fireships could become a way for your militia to help out on the naval battle. You can either turn on the land version of the militia or the naval version of militia.

Of course 1 fireship is much stronger than the land version of militia, so to keep them equal in some way a fee to use the Fireships could be placed on the city (maybe 100-300 wood per fireship available). If they are to cost so much wood per lightship there could be an option to choose how many you want (up until your max) or you have to purchase the total number of fireships you can up until the maximum fireships you could enlist. In addition Fireships could reduce production 65% instead of the standard 50% with land militia. The option to use the fireships should require having harbor level 10 or researching it in the academy (4 research points instead of 8).The number of fireships will only increase until level 25 harbour.

Assuming H = harbour level and F = farm level the following formula could be used.

(10+F*H/2) /7 = number of fire ships available. The table below shows how many fireships will be awarded if you use a level 40 farm, and start at level 10. In addition it assumes that the cost for one fireship is 200 wood.

Harbour Level
Farm Level
Fireships Awarded
Price (Wood)
10​
40​
9​
1800​
11​
40​
10​
2000​
12​
40​
12​
2400​
13​
40​
14​
2800​
14​
40​
15​
3000​
15​
40​
18​
3600​
16​
40​
20​
4000​
17​
40​
22​
4400​
18​
40​
25​
5000​
19​
40​
27​
5400​
20​
40​
30​
6000​
21​
40​
33​
6600​
22​
40​
36​
7200​
23​
40​
39​
7800​
24​
40​
43​
8600​
25​
40​
46​
9200​

Of course the overall price is fairly cheap for a fully built city (max 20 000 resources). The numbers and formulas would have to be balanced out to make it still fair for an attacker, I just thought I would put one to show an example. I personally wouldn't want anything more than 30 fireships put in place, because that already reduces the number light ships in a ls nuke by 30 (leaving around 190).

A New Ship
The fire ships could be replaced by a new, very strong offensive unit that is cheep put moves incredibly slowly.

Again, these could be switched around. The important part in high attack, slow speed and cheaper than other units. Their slow speed moves people away from wanting them, but the low population and high attack value will result in many also wanting it. Could really shake the game up a bunch.

-mango
Oooh very interesting, might actually work

DeletedUser

I don't like having to pay for my "militia" FS. What if someone clears your city and steals your resources? (mainly your wood) Then you couldn't call them out...

I like the idea for the new ship though..... :)

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Too many people only think of easy attacking in this game.

Fire ships are the prefect defense for naval attacks. You leave a bunch of LS in a harbor as a lure and then when the bp hogs try to take them out, you switch them for Fireships from nearby and it's you who comes out on top and them who spend a week or so rebuilding their nuke. Then they think twice about sending fleets of LS against random cities every day knowing the odds are usually in their favor.

Attacking players mock them, because they favor the defender and the weaker alliances. So of course they don't point out their advantages to newer players. Why give more advantage to the mindless attacker over the tactical defender?

DeletedUser345

Not sure what your complaining about, this re-balance would only make fire ships stronger so I'm not sure how this would give more advantage to the 'mindless attacker' anyway.

DeletedUser27700

Fireships:

Harbour Level
Farm Level
Fireships Awarded
Price (Wood)
10​
40​
9​
1800​
11​
40​
10​
2000​
12​
40​
12​
2400​
13​
40​
14​
2800​
14​
40​
15​
3000​
15​
40​
18​
3600​
16​
40​
20​
4000​
17​
40​
22​
4400​
18​
40​
25​
5000​
19​
40​
27​
5400​
20​
40​
30​
6000​
21​
40​
33​
6600​
22​
40​
36​
7200​
23​
40​
39​
7800​
24​
40​
43​
8600​
25​
40​
46​
9200​

A New Ship

-mango

Very good.
This has potential for sure

Petrilo

Phrourach
Confirmed, CS did not stick. All prerequisite are present, CP check...

New feature or a bug?

mk5q9.png

DeletedUser

New feature or a bug?
please send a support ticket with this image, the igm will be able to investigate much more thoroughly than we can in the forum :)

DeletedUser

New feature or a bug?

It depends. If it is revolt world and city wasn't revolted before - it will not land. But otherwise ("red" revolt or conquest world) should land...

DeletedUser

Fire ships are totally useless for me now. Never build them. They could be sometimes interesting, say as one more speed/possibility to snipe - but being not able attack, useless here too...

Petrilo

Phrourach
Was me. As of 08/04 I've transfer the account to another person. Going low maintenance mode with grep. It was fun!

@Pythagorus

I don't bother with you people ingame :) Posted it here, proceed as you see fit.