Fire Ship Ideas

Thrillology

Phrourach
I think fire ships would be useful for players that constantly get attacked by large ls nukes and biremes aren't destroying any of their ships. I've never used fire ships, but they do have use, along with being a nuisance for attackers. :p

I don't think they need any improvement, I wouldn't mind any either, they keep the game slightly balanced for players who are constantly being attacked 24/7 by hostile lightship nukes, and say it's a small player who can't find a good alliance, so they need to face the large enemy on their own, and there's not always morale for those small players.

I kinda like how annoying and frustrating they are for attackers, I lost over 100 lightships from attacking a city that had 180 fire ships, but then I decided to send biremes in to clear those fire ships after a spy broke through (yup, biremes finally have some use for attacking!).

DeletedUser

I like the idea FS to be capable to transport militia from base city, like 1 FS can transport 1 or 2 militia or something like that and get this, they double the DBPs (when res in academy)! That would be so sweat!
And yes make them faster.

I am of opinion not to make new unite but just give to the FS some new abilities, upgrade it with some good ideas we have in this thread.
New mythical unite?! No way I am 100% against this idea!!!

DeletedUser

To tell you the truth, I would like to see the Fire Ship change because at the moment, they are too slow to get around and don't defend first, so it's hard to take any threats out such as if you were in revolt and a CS, like so many people have posted before, comes to your city and lands, it may or may not (I think I read it does) take over your city. Right now as it stands, it would not affect my gameplay if it was removed.

DeletedUser

they should be able to target other types of ships, blow up parts of city by crashing and firing explosives as to no mor kamikaze if keep kamikaze then make it more powerful

you should be able to choose your tactics as to what you want to happen to ship then you can keep it if wanted or maybe send it first to blow up city defenses and make your attack easier

DeletedUser345

My post from the other thread;

What i think needs to happen, although it sounds stupid, is improve the attack power per farm space of the light ship to 25. At the moment is had the same (20) as the bireme's defensive per farm space and the biremes is faster. This makes the bireme stronger than the light ship which is unfair considering your paying a lot more farm space. If the light ship's attack was increasing to 25 then biremes wouldn't be as strong and I think people would consider using fire ships more, especially if their speed was increased.

DeletedUser25074

Keep everything the same with them but make them able to attack also. There speed will limit there use to make sure they arnt OP.

In a Stacked harbor situation they will go 1-1 against biremes. Imo this is all that is required for them to be useful in the game. Sending in a few waves of FS to reduce the numbers in the harbor then follow it up with the LS nukes to finish the job hell yes id go for that.

DeletedUser

Fire Ships can continue to work as it is i mean it cannot kill transports or Colony Ships. that is fine. But THey should be the first line of defense and not the last. Example If a city had 10 Biremes and 100 Fire Ships and if it is being attacked by 10 Light Ships then the result of the battle would be 10 Biremes and 90 Fire Ships. Then people will automatically start building FireShips.

DeletedUser

I would replace the FS with canonships can defend against other ships and when attacking can attack opposite ships as well as city walls...

DeletedUser23384

How about replacing it with a ship that can attack land, has a slightly smaller defense than birms and smaller attack that ls but when inside a city acts as defensive unit both on the sea and land?

DeletedUser40676

I think that the FS should stay for more attacks
exemple: every FS will attack 2 or 3 times against the enemy LS or birems and should attack against the CS with low attack value (the low value against CS only)

thanks

m habaj

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would suggest just getting rid of the fire ships. And make a heavy light ship. We already have the trireme that is the heavier version of the brim so why not make a heavy version of the light ship. Would come in handy against those big ol brim walls.

DeletedUser18825

I think that Fire Ships should be allowed to attack. They have a similar speed of a CS, so you can use them as decoys.

DeletedUser

Maybe a two-part shift

I think that there were a lot of good possibilities expressed here regarding changes that will make FS useful and desirable. The difficult question is trying to determine how those changes will affect game balance. I love the idea, for historical accuracy, of attacking with Fire Ships. The problem then becomes one of scale. Think about how Grepolis works now and compare that to history. Were there really allied cities under the control of one ruler where one city produced all attack ships (LS) and didn't produce a single land military unit? No, but you find that all over Grepolis. Did the ancient Mediterranean actually have cities that produced ALL attack ground units except for the few naval units needed to transport those troops to attack, leaving absolutely nothing in the city behind to defend? No, but you find that all over Grepolis as well. So, looking at history is a great way to get ideas, but it sucks as a guide for keeping game balance.

I really like the idea of having FS defend first, before using biremes, triremes or light ships. I think that would make them useful for more than just trips, which is the only value I find in them currently, and that value isn't enough for me to waste research on it. However, if you leave things as they are except for having FS defend first, then suddenly biremes will become far more useless and people will start building defensive FS nukes. Forget how slow they are - they'll still be suddenly over-utilized and game balance will be altered in a bad way. However, if there were some limit on the number of FS that any one city could build, then you wouldn't have that over-utilization. If you limit the number of FS a city can build to 2 or 3 times the harbor level while also allowing FS to defend first instead of last, then they might finally become a unit that actually gets used. Cities wouldn't be able to build so many FS that biremes are useless..

IMHO.

DeletedUser

If you limit the number of FS a city can build to 2 or 3 times the harbor level while also allowing FS to defend first instead of last, then they might finally become a unit that actually gets used.

I like it! +rep

DeletedUser

I think that there were a lot of good possibilities expressed here regarding changes that will make FS useful and desirable. The difficult question is trying to determine how those changes will affect game balance. I love the idea, for historical accuracy, of attacking with Fire Ships. The problem then becomes one of scale. Think about how Grepolis works now and compare that to history. Were there really allied cities under the control of one ruler where one city produced all attack ships (LS) and didn't produce a single land military unit? No, but you find that all over Grepolis. Did the ancient Mediterranean actually have cities that produced ALL attack ground units except for the few naval units needed to transport those troops to attack, leaving absolutely nothing in the city behind to defend? No, but you find that all over Grepolis as well. So, looking at history is a great way to get ideas, but it sucks as a guide for keeping game balance.

Well just looking at the Pelopennesian War, that actually somewhat occurred. The Delian League led by Athens at the time was largely just naval nukes. The Spartan led Pelopennesian League was pretty much an offensive land nuke. This difference was so exaggerated that the two didn't really even fight for years. The Spartan army and its allies just stood outside the walls of Athens hoping some type of Athenian army would come out. The Spartans roamed the Athenian countryside for about a month out of the year then the soldiers went back to their homes, so they could farm, and because they actually did leave absolutely nothing in the city behind to defend and control the slaves.

DeletedUser41165

faster building time. faster speed. a little less resources.

they already 3 times faster to build than birs and use less raws for birs

what makes them bad they are very slow
they cannt attack
they dont kill transport ships
only usefull when u dont have any birs/ls or any other ships (not counting trasnport ships)

fix 1 off those problems and they will get more populair

DeletedUser

I find them useful.... Great thing to build in conquest worlds to stack front-line cities against noobs with :D

DeletedUser345

What i think needs to happen, although it sounds stupid, is improve the attack power per farm space of the light ship to 25. At the moment is had the same (20) as the bireme's defensive per farm space and the biremes is faster. This makes the bireme stronger than the light ship which is unfair considering your paying a lot more farm space. If the light ship's attack was increasing to 25 then biremes wouldn't be as strong and I think people would consider using fire ships more, especially if their speed was increased.

I'm re-posting my earlier response, I believe the problem is not anything to do with the fire ship itself but rather that it is so much weaker in comparison to the bireme, make the light-ship stronger and more people will use it.