Fire Ships

DeletedUser23238

Just checked the simulator and found out this:If I have 100 biremes and 100 fireships and get attacked by 100LSs I lose 100 biremes and 23 Fireships and he loses 100LSs.

So it counts the fireship after the battle between other ships is done.Is that legit?Fireships cost less than biremes so the defender desires use them first.

I think the fireships should be the units that get the attack first, then the rest of defenders do.

P.S.I have never built fireships and will never build, but I think this fact is just unfair, that's why I write this here.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Not many people build fireships, but if you do, then usually I assume people would just build fireships in a city rather mixing it with biremes.

DeletedUser

They can be very handy ;) You just need to find ways to abuse the mechanic and use it to your advantage......

DeletedUser35069

You can land a cs through fireships so not really the best defence

DeletedUser23238

Neither I build them, 0 FSs built so far, but yes, they are cheap, in some situations you can use them.

DeletedUser

theyre not really good, you can play with them once you got cities to waste but esp early on theyre garbage

DeletedUser11886

What I don't understand is how a fireship would even manage to catch another ship on fire. Okay, so they push it out towards the advancing fleet... and then what? Why doesn't the advancing fleet just evade?

Fireships need a buff or a replacement.

DeletedUser23238

It would be good if fireships catch 0-20 ships, but they were much more expensive and can't be moved.