Passed Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30490

this is not a ad idea as well.......the thing is though the fishing boats bring fish ryt?
what can we do with fish o_O

DeletedUser

Seems the farm is there to produce food and support population,
Fishing boats produce food too, so they could support extra population ? (+ 10 per fishing boat).
Then go with the idea of enabling ennemies to destroy the fishing boats.

So if a player relies on many fishing boats to support a huge population, destroying those could "house" him. (expression from AOE, where you can destroy the houses and prevent the adversary from re-building his troops)

DeletedUser27700

This idea is growing a bit too fast.

I would suggest keeping it simple, and to focus on one topic here.
This started as a way to get more resources, then gold, now population. :p

DeletedUser

This idea I won't like soon. No extra pop in my opinion cos if you get gold, resources and pop that is way too much of a bonus from 1 unit

DeletedUser26631

i never added the idea of more pop, that will completely ruin the idea, it stays at just a tiny amount of gold and some resources

DeletedUser

I honestly don't think this idea is terrible..just needs a little more collaboration. :)

Since we all know land units gather the resources..would this ship not need land units? If not, how would a ship alone gather resources?

This is how my theory on this works...
Ships take population, right? Why though? Do you have to feed the boats? :D I think that the 8pop that a ships costs, for example, is an 8 man crew. So really, no need to send units as the ships own crew could fish.

Just my take on it all.

odysseus2001

Phrourach
You could do what ToT says about it taking 8 pop. Then you catch fish and trade them in for resources at the market place (or possibly the phoenician merchant?). If it used the merchant he would have a deal with fish to trade for resources and occasionally small amounts of gold.

DeletedUser26631

i disagree with the 8 pop, it should only consume 6 and you sell tyhe fish in the harbor or to the phoenician merchant

DeletedUser11886

I don't think Inno would like the high gold rates, perhaps if it was either more rare or lower, 1-5 gold per 100 as you wouldn't expect the sea to be filled with gold.

DeletedUser11886

lol. True, I think this would actually help simmers xD

DeletedUser26631

every update made helps simmers, they also help the big attackers/defenders by them getting more resources for them to build more units

DeletedUser

Not every update. We are making less sim updates by disliking ideas which help simmers

Status
Not open for further replies.