Passed Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Takes population away from battle units, thus srs players wouldn't use it.

I really like the idea though, it's something new to think about.

DeletedUser

Fishing Boat idea is brilliant! It could even 'Trade' with other cities!

DeletedUser26631

you can already trade with other cities, i dont know why people post things already in the game, but the more attention this idea gets, the more likely it will be voted on :)

DeletedUser38224

This could be like a farming villages thing, With the normal farming villages interface, except instead of having a solid number(28 for 5 minutes, for example), there could be a range, like 10-30 resources, you would have to send one fishing boat, and it would fish for 5 minutes. Then come back with 10-30 resources. Also, i think you should be able to build fishing boats as soon as you get a harbor.

In case it wasn't clear above, you would have fishing spots on your island(just like farming villages, minus mood and stuff), and when you click on them, you can send fishing boats to them, For times of 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 90 minutes, and 240 minutes(maybe send different amounts of fishing boats too?).

Just an idea i had :D

DeletedUser26631

This could be like a farming villages thing, With the normal farming villages interface, except instead of having a solid number(28 for 5 minutes, for example), there could be a range, like 10-30 resources, you would have to send one fishing boat, and it would fish for 5 minutes. Then come back with 10-30 resources. Also, i think you should be able to build fishing boats as soon as you get a harbor.

In case it wasn't clear above, you would have fishing spots on your island(just like farming villages, minus mood and stuff), and when you click on them, you can send fishing boats to them, For times of 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 90 minutes, and 240 minutes(maybe send different amounts of fishing boats too?).

Just an idea i had :D
i think that is a great add on, but another thing i want to add/change is you get the boats based on harbor level, and no research

DeletedUser26631

idea has been finalized, i will not add any new ideas to it.

DeletedUser

Awesome idea but I feel it would be nicer if you could just send out the fishing boats without having to locate a fishing spot at first.

DeletedUser33530

I don't love the idea I just really want that damn fishman to get off his lazy butt and do something for the good of my empire for Zues' sake!

DeletedUser

Preview

DeletedUser

First off, excellent thinking.

Maybe a fishing hut as a building that produces a set number of fish per hour, depending on the building level. Then in market, the fish can be exchanged for whatever resources you choose. I am not saying trade your fish for another players resources because as of now you cannot do anything with fish. But like a Grepolis Fish Market will pay for your fish with whatever resource(s) of your choosing.

I do not see myself wasting my too much population on this (especially in speed 3) & seems to be an extra step of clicking, clicking, clicking... & map scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. Farming alone consumes so much valuable time as is. So if this was a building like silver mine, quarry & timber camp I say yes, yes, yes. But if I have to babysit this operation like farming villages... then no, no, no!

DeletedUser44167

He is NOT a fisherman
He is a dock worker
Awaiting the next merchant ship to arrive to load/unload

DeletedUser31385

This idea is interesting and benefits everyone.

Looks like this is winning.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35431

Proposal:
Add a new boat to the harbor called a fishing boat to send out for fishing and get resources.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Not previously mentioned.

Reason:
More resources is always better :) also adding a major will make the game more interesting and could attract more players for your benefit Inno devs. Another thing, why is their a fisherman shown at the harbor?

Details:
Add a simple fishing boat to the harbor. It will be added to the harbor once you get the harbor to level 10, it does not have to be researched.

Fishing Boat:
Attack Value:1
Defense Value:1
Pop:6
Fish Able to Gather:0-300
Speed:32 (speed one) (it can't do any harm so it should be able to go fast)
Cost
Wood:200
Rock:50
Silver:150
Construction time:45 mins (speed one)

Each fish is worth 5 of each resource. All of the fishing boats you have must be sent out to get the fish, a minimum of 25 boats are to be sent out, more than 30 boats could get you extra resources. To know where to fish, scroll around the map and look for bubbled water/jumping fish. Finding the schools of fish should be somewhat hard so it doesn't make gameplay laggy. The boats also need to refresh just like the farms, since they are basically the same (5 minutes, 20 minutes,90..etc...). A new research should be added too called, Spear Fishing, this technology works the same as Booty, it allows you to get the 480 minutes and the other times. Spear Fishing costs 3 research points and costs 1400 of each resource. When you send out the ships for however much time you want, it only gets a certain amount of fish based on time the boat was out:
Normal Fishing:
5 mins: 0-30 fish caught
20 mins: 30-70 fish caught
90 mins: 60-150 fish caught
240 mins: 90-250 fish caught
Rage Fishing:
5 mins: 5-40 fish caught, your fishermen have a 10% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
20 mins:45-90 fish caught, your fishermen have a 25% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
90 mins: 95-170 fish caught, your fishermen have a 50% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
240 mins: 175-280 fish caught, your fishermen have an 80% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
Normal Spear Fishing:
10 mins: 0-40 fish caught
40 mins:40-90 fish caught
180 mins:80-160 fish caught
480 mins:100-270 fish caught
Rage Spear Fishing:
10 mins:10-55 fish caught, your fishermen have a 20% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
40 mins:60-100 fish caught, your fishermen have a 40% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
180 mins:105-180 fish caught, your fishermen have a 60% of mutiny next time they are sent out.
480 mins:180-300 fish caught, your fishermen have a 95% of mutiny next time they are sent out.

Once a crew goes through mutiny, you lose the fishing boats you used to send out, permanently, there shouldn't be a research that will be like Diplomacy for lower crew resistance, SO BE NICE TO YOUR MEN! The boats can only be killed if attacking transports land the land they have.

Visual Aids:
View attachment 10822

Balance:
Can't affect anything since mostly all players will use this, I expect.

Abuse Prevention:
none

Summary:[/B]
I think this is a great idea since getting resources at some points can be a pain and this could relieve that pain. :)

This is a wonderful idea! You got my vote. But it is a very large implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.