Deliberation Fixing World Wonder Abuse

DeletedUser31385

Proposal:Not allow people to change alliances. Limit the amount of times the awards may be won.

Reason:People abuse the system to get a crown.

Details:Once an alliance has won victor/master awards on a world, they can't be won again by abuse. (an alliance who makes someone leave temporarily and gets other people in and upgrades the wonder back up to the required level will not get the award again. The new people who joined after the alliance won the award will not get it basically. The people who originally were in it when they won keep their award. Just the new people won't get it.) If you haven't won the victor award on that world, you can't win the masters award if you are in an alliance that achieves it. Both awards may only be won one time total by one alliance.

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention: I think this should take care of the abuse that is currently happening.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30636

so in other words, if your alliance falls, you cant just run to the next biggest alliance to get your crown

DeletedUser31385

If your alliance falls you can't get into the alliance who won the world. If there are multiple winners it works the same way. Say alliance A wins and alliance B is the academy. A member with only one city on a ww island leaves temporarily and the wonder loses a level. People from alliance B go into A and the wonder is built back up and they get the award. I want to stop that.

DeletedUser35069

I would surely be a lot easier just to programme in so once an alliance hits all 7 wonders and wins the masters award that alliance can't win the master award again.

DeletedUser31385

Once it is won once, nobody else can get it. Good idea.

DeletedUser27128

Yep. Will discourage people from joining academies of the top alliances and thus prevent some MRA's from getting the crown.

Good job.

DeletedUser31385

Thank you, it sort of makes academies lack a purpose.

Zarun-

Strategos
Have always said something is needed to curb the abuse of cap levels, this would be a good way to do it.

200 players taking on alliances with 50-75 players is just anti-competitive.

DeletedUser

Has anything further been done about this??

would love to see this gain some traction....

FARLUPULOUS
EN79 BLACK SHIPS
US26 THE FALLEN SONS

DeletedUser42393

I have a little solution, maybe this could be done:

Once an alliance has completed wonders, the winners are crowned; anyone that leaves the alliance is gone for good?

Say the alliance cap was 100 and 20 players left to do the above abuse in order to gain a reward for little or no work, the alliance cap for that alliance will go down by 20, thus, the alliance can only hold 80 players. When people leave, they leave. No one can re-enter, no one can enter?

DeletedUser31385

That might be too hard to do since the cap is a world-wide setting. Lowering it for an individual alliance might be difficult. Making it where the awards can only be won once is the best option in my opinion. I will add this: If you haven't won the victor award on that world, you can't win the masters award if you are in an alliance that achieves it.

DeletedUser49197

no, because then no-one can quit the world and join a new one... And, then people would sabotage alliances. I don't have much experience in WW, mostly because I don't like staying in the game when they happen, it's jsut not fun anymore, so this isn;t exactly a + for me, I'd say I guess, but I'd rather have a new endgame.

DeletedUser11165

Have always said something is needed to curb the abuse of cap levels, this would be a good way to do it.

200 players taking on alliances with 50-75 players is just anti-competitive.

I like 50 of us fighting 200 simmers though; the tears taste so much better

DeletedUser31385

Anything I missed here? I want opinions on this because this could eliminate academies from winning alongside the main alliance.

DeletedUser42857

I would just block all alliance recruiting once wonder phase starts.

would stop rotation for resources/favor and rotation for crowns (yes academies could still just send to on-island cities but no crown for them).

would make the run up to wonders a bit more interesting with academies turning on their mommy's

DeletedUser31385

I would just block all alliance recruiting once wonder phase starts.

would stop rotation for resources/favor and rotation for crowns (yes academies could still just send to on-island cities but no crown for them).

would make the run up to wonders a bit more interesting with academies turning on their mommy's

The reason why I didn't do that is because someone could kick everyone out when they send the last resources in and get a win. The founder would be powerless in that situation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

no, because then no-one can quit the world and join a new one... And, then people would sabotage alliances. I don't have much experience in WW, mostly because I don't like staying in the game when they happen, it's jsut not fun anymore, so this isn;t exactly a + for me, I'd say I guess, but I'd rather have a new endgame.

I am a bit torn. Fig's suggestion is very good and practical one but I agree with Flame - a new end game would be better.

DeletedUser

What's wrong with the idea to make Master of the World a one-time deal? Eliminate Victors of the World and the first alliance to all 7 gets the crown - and only them.

Or, 4 out of 7 (to speed things up) by majority is enough to get the crown, again these would be one-time winners, on to the next world for a new round.

DeletedUser31385

One alliance could win the masters and another could win the victors.

DeletedUser

One alliance could win the masters and another could win the victors.

That doesn't feel right to me. You've got an alliance achieving Victors first, and then would be automatically excluded from Masters, while they had 4 out of 7 first? Feels more like a punishment than a victory.