Rejected Flash Back

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 84.0%
  • No.

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Wait until hero world is open , I believe that people will change their opinion towards 2.0

DeletedUser14492

Excellent idea, +rep and 5 start vote.

1.26 words are superior to 2.0 worlds in almost every way. I will explain why because there have been several posts that dont seem to understand the differences properly, or how they affect NON PREMIUM players. If you dont like reading text walls I suggest you look away now and please accept my apologies, but I think this needs said.

1) Farming system: In 1.26 farming is essentially only useful for beginners and those who need lots of resources = just use the market or your other cities to trade, easier with less clicking.

So, these changes in 2.0 hailed as being an improvement are not an improvement, they are a way to keep you clicking on the farming villages more, ergo you need to be online more in order to be successfull. The game is set up more to benefit from the farming... to keep you online more. Fine, Im online all the time anyway, but what about less casual gamers. Basically I dont appreciate being made to click things a million times.

2) Window system: an excellent idea, I see no down side to it at all, it took time to get used to but I now know my way around.

3) Map interface: Awful! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the map interface in 1.26... why they have changed this is totally beyond me. You cannot see as much in the zoomed out version, and for a number of reasons it is more difficult to navigate around. Having a clear picture of where you and everyone else is seems to be far more difficult.

Switching between map views does not work well either.

I do however like the pop up menu for cities, taking you to the screen you want, god power, attack, info etc.

4) Reloading: in 1.26 this was simple, you just clicked on 'city overview' and the whole game reloaded... not so in 2.0, its a total faff, with lots of clicking needed to try and get the thing to reload. There are other problems of this nature as well, the way you interact with the world is just not as user friendly.

5) Attacking/Defending: Now we come to the real crux of the matter. 2.0 seems to have been designed more with the premium player in mind. Fine, you want to look after your income base. But I will never pay, unless I get a serious increase in wages. I am the same as a great many Grepolis players, we think this is one of the best online games out there of this type... but we wont pay the vast amounts needed to keep all premium features activated. I would consider paying something like a flat yearly subscription at the right price. But nothing like the total sum needed to keep all premium features on at the moment.

So, what does this mean? It means premium players have a huge and unassailable advantage over the non premium player. Similar to 1.26 I hear you say... NO, not so. In 1.26 you gain advantages sure, I have activated them so know what they offer. But you can still mix it with the premium players, particularly once you get a few cities yourself, using your tactics/timing/knowledge/alliance etc. In 2.0 premium players have accelerated beyond everyone else far too fast.

Most importantly, the way you can attack and defend has changed with premium, it is easier to manage and easier to plan... so non premium players are at even more of a dissadvantage, as if premium players needed any more help! (I was speaking to a premium player recently, he didnt realise non premium folks didnt even get the attack planner lol).

My rant is over, I dont feel I have explained things as well as I could.

I hope this gives you just some of the reasons that 1.26 is basically a more user friendly game, an easier game to interact with and above all, a FAIRER game.

Long live 1.26.

E

DeletedUser

Poll: Flashback

This idea is now up for a vote. The poll will be open for 2 weeks. (closes june 29th)

DeletedUser

Vote yes for Flashback I shall be telling my alliance that the vote is up here.

DeletedUser13936

luvin it...

a hug for whoever came up with this

cat_hugging_dog1.jpg

DeletedUser13459

fantastic idea. i for one am not a fan of the new farming system and dont plan on joining any new worlds that have it. and i know many others that feel the same

DeletedUser

I hate 2.0. It was a good try on innogames' part, but it is just too different from 1.26.

Players who have been playing for a while (i think) don't like it nearly as much as the newer ones...

I think every 3 worlds is too much, maybe every 5?
Or it could be random! Like when they choose between conquest or revolt, they randomly choose between 1.26 and 2.0.

*whispers* i like 2.0 better, but i voted yes since some people don't.

DeletedUser13459

*whispers* i like 2.0 better, but i voted yes since some people don't.

exactly, surly it has to be in the best interest of the game to implement something like this because many players will quit if all new worlds that come out are in 2.0

DeletedUser

Sorry, I voted No. Simply because it is too early to start talking about opening up 1.26 worlds. 2.xx is still young and in development (eg. all the changes to farming village efficiencies you see lately), and still has potential. Many of the things people do not like about 2.xx are still being worked on.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I voted No. Simply because it is too early to start talking about opening up 1.26 worlds. 2.xx is still young and in development (eg. all the changes to farming village efficiencies you see lately), and still has potential. Many of the things people do not like about 2.xx are still being worked on.

so why not bring out a couple of 1.26 worlds while we are waiting for the innumerable bugs on 2.0 to be sorted out. Nobody said it had to be permanent.

also it is the veterans who prefer 1.26 and they are the ones who gave inno the money to make the bug riddled clickathon that is 2.0 don't inno care about their most important client base?

DeletedUser

This game has tremendous potential and will continue to develop and progress. I personally don't like every aspect of 2.0 and testing sure was a pain in the butt, and there are still problems I'm assuming, but regardless of what negatives you may all see, there are lots of positives to take away from 2.0 and I like Inno's desire and moves it has taken to improve the game to attract new players and establish grepolis as a top browser game. I understand frustrations that players have with change, but the game can't move forward by remaining stagnant and the only way to keep moving is to accept 2.0, then 3.0, then 4.0 until xx.0. I think a "classic" world is reasonable for the old-schoolers that can reset and run forever, but new worlds should only continue to follow 2.0 and beyond in my opinion. So my vote's a no.

DeletedUser2795

I do agree with the above posts in that that 2.0 is still developing and it has a reasonable amount of potential, but there are people who, however well 2.0 turns out, will still want to be able to play 1.26. So maybe not too many 1.26 worlds, but at least some new ones should come out occasionally.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Definitely 100% yes!

I prefer the 1.26 worlds than 2.0! I dislike 2.0 grepolis, I think it's way to different. I wil be glad if they made a 1.26 world every once in a while, all the old grepo players would be crowding that world!

DeletedUser

Of course grepolis has to develop. I'm all for that. But having only a half-finished game as an alternative isn't to my likings (and Grepolis 2 is that far from being fully enjoyable). A definite yes from me! I'm near done with clicking my mouse 6,000 times a day to be able to farm...

Status
Not open for further replies.