For the mods/Inno RSVP

DeletedUser14492

Sup peeps,

I have asked this a couple of times within threads, but its easy to miss stuff I suppose. So this thread has one purpose...

Mods and/or Inno... can you please clarify once and for all WHAT is going to happen to old worlds when they fall below 1000 members?

I would like to know the sequence of events please?

If this has been explained elsewhere in detail, I would welcome the link, I have had a hunt but cannot find anything concrete.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ev

:cool:

DeletedUser8790

I can tell you I have investigated this and they do not know!, I posted my support conversation at one point but I believe it was deleted?, I am not sure why, they even asked for end world suggestions!, Also The critical point for theta might not even be 1,000 players, it may be 333, for the same reason I was told that theta handles 3 X less players than a speed one world. LOL

DeletedUser14492

I think given there are now several worlds with only a few weeks to go before they fall below 1000 members, its really about time we were told what they plan to do, when and why.

As far as I can tell, there have been plenty of ideas to keep these worlds open, but they have been dismissed. And the argument that no one has submitted an "idea" in the "correct" format I think is weak. Were talking about worlds that have dedicated long time players, people who make Inno money.

So the least they can do is listen to everything people have been saying in the world forums and either keep the worlds open (open recruitment etc) or TELL US what the plan is.

I look forward to hearing their comments.

Ev

DeletedUser8790

Here is what they told me:

Request: World ending
callinectes
2012-01-09 05:49:38
Hi there is concern the world may end soon, can you clear this up?

Here is a link:
http://grepointel.com/worldstats.php?server=en1

what is the deciding stat here? If it is close what is the end scenario? Thanks
Onoquoy
2012-01-10 13:42:27
Hello callinectes,

Unfortunately we do not have any access to information regarding Heroworlds and the upgrade to 2.0 other than what is already out there. Our Grepolis Wiki has recently been updated, and contains all relevant information known to us at this time. You can find it here. Further information, aswell as active ongoing discussion about important changes coming to Grepolis in the near future can be found on our external forums here.

I hope you can find your information there.

Sincerely,

Onoquoy
callinectes
2012-01-10 17:13:19
Hi Thanks, That is not what I am referring to, Please read this thread in the forum:

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31666

When the number of active players falls below 1,000 an alternate :end world scenario" is supposed to kick in, I am trying to find out, What is the determination of "Active players" See link from original mail, and what the "end world scenario" actually is. According to the original link theta has 1,186 players remaining, and is loosing 200 players every week or two, so in a few weeks we will be under 1,000 so if the world will be shut down how and when will that occur. Thanks
Onoquoy
2012-01-12 11:00:59
Hello callinectes,

I believe active players means players still playing the game, regularly logging in. Regarding the end world scenario i have to sadly state that i know nothing of what this means.

I will ask the senior team and find out for you tho, as it is something i can imagine could be very handy for me to know about

Sincerely,

Onoquoy
Onoquoy
2012-01-12 11:07:46
Hello callinectes,

I have information regarding the end scenario, It has not been decided what it is yet. Myself i hope it becomes a royal rumble style , last man standing kind of thing personally.

Sincerely,

Onoquoy
callinectes
2012-01-12 17:38:59
OK, Thanks, Looks like theta is closing in on the threshold, Are you open to suggestions?
Onoquoy
2012-01-17 13:44:34
hello callinectes,

i am sure they would love suggestions on the forums from the playerbase indeed

Sincerely,

Onoquoy

DeletedUser

yes. that was from an ingame moderator. Who you need to talk to about that is Gordopolis. Most of what we have is conjecture.....

I personally believe as was already posted in here that 333 is the min player cap for a spd 3 world so still there is a long way to go. The easiest option that I can see the Administrative team having is to activate world wonders sooner than anticipated and cheapen their costs as this plays into the original direction of the server.

DeletedUser8790

Yes, That is what I can see, Another way would be to eliminate the need for culture points, Yike that would make the world go completely bonkers at the end

DeletedUser

Looks like you goys will be shutting down in the next moth sorry. Would someone (Mods?) figure out what is happening to old worlds? They won't listen or respond to their paying players.

Tyron:
Incorrect. All worlds will have the same 1000 player minimum limit.

DeletedUser18132

Actually, Inno might decide to keep the world is the world, say has 950 players, but 800 of them are premium users.