Inactive Topic "Forced Loyalty" buff improvement

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser42857

it is very odd when you use a forced loyalty for four hours reward, and then simultaneously do a quest that involves loyalty being lost for five hours. bit illogical.

that said, the forced loyalty could just be reworded to something akin to loot without detection, so you are able to perform some of stealth looting for four hours.

DeletedUser8396

it is very odd when you use a forced loyalty for four hours reward, and then simultaneously do a quest that involves loyalty being lost for five hours. bit illogical.

that said, the forced loyalty could just be reworded to something akin to loot without detection, so you are able to perform some of stealth looting for four hours.

The second sentence...made no sense

DeletedUser

The second sentence...made no sense

lol, he thinks this is assassin's creed :D

Hmm, I totally support this idea, it is really annoying, since under 80% mood revolts are randomly based on your luck.

DeletedUser27700

due to the fairly inactive state of this forum (and section) the requirements won't be easily met. So, Ideas mods, can you go ahead and move this? It is blatantly obvious it is wanted, and the purpose/benefit/common sense to change it back is all there.

While I completely disagree about the matter of activity in this section, I have moved this to improvements for you.
The idea will still need to be discussed, and I would not be sure that the developers would change it back if this passes. They already changed it once to make it this way.

DeletedUser8396

While I completely disagree about the matter of activity in this section, I have moved this to improvements for you.
The idea will still need to be discussed, and I would not be sure that the developers would change it back if this passes. They already changed it once to make it this way.

Thanks Ice :)

DeletedUser

Boy I sure wish I saw this post before winning "Loyalty" and spending the next 2 hours looting and constantly retaking each village 3-4 times.

DeletedUser

Why not research diplomacy? This is actually the only use for having diplomacy in the start of the game. Lets be honest, forced loyaly rocks when used correct. Those who don't use it correct have only themselves to blame.

DeletedUser

Why not research diplomacy? This is actually the only use for having diplomacy in the start of the game. Lets be honest, forced loyaly rocks when used correct. Those who don't use it correct have only themselves to blame.

Use it correctly?? That's what I thought I was doing!! I'm brand new and way low on resources, so I was hoping it was a shortcut to build up wood, silver & rock. I was wrong. If one has to have researched diplomacy for "Forced Loyalty" to work correctly, it should say that in the dialog box description.

Think of it from a noob's perspective: I need as many resources ASAP, and I don't have much built yet... (As a matter of fact, I didn't START looting until I got the Diplomacy award, and I'm not sure the Academy was built to a high enough level.)

The "Forced Loyalty" dialog box doesn't mention anything about having to research Diplomacy first, it simply says one can loot away for 5 hours with no repercussions.

And the "Diplomacy" box in the Research page says simply "Diplomacy lowers the dangers of resistance in a farming village by 20%." There's nothing to indicate the two are related other than the word "Diplomacy".

I was continually looting my villages while they were at 76% mood. Does this mean if I had done it with the mood at or above 80% (and not researched) I wouldn't have triggered revolts? Or does it mean that one MUST have researched diplomacy before "Forced Loyalty" works??

It seems to me all the "Forced Loyalty" thing does is keep the current mood from dropping when looting, but it also doesn't allow the mood to recover naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

Or we could have both, if they changed it back to how it was supposed to be...
It is how it was supposed to be.

When it was introduced it was bugged, and reset the loyalty to 100% which was never intended and was the reason why they would not revolt. What you are proposing is (I think) different from that, in that it would keep the mood the same (as it does now) but prevent revolt even if the mood is already low enough for a revolt to happen.

I would be more supportive of a name change if it really is that confusing, but either way this is not a proposal to return anything to a form in which it previously existed. It would be a new change. That may be in your favour.

DeletedUser

Use it correctly?? That's what I thought I was doing!! I'm brand new and way low on resources, so I was hoping it was a shortcut to build up wood, silver & rock. I was wrong. If one has to have researched diplomacy for "Forced Loyalty" to work correctly, it should say that in the dialog box description.

Think of it from a noob's perspective: I need as many resources ASAP, and I don't have much built yet... (As a matter of fact, I didn't START looting until I got the Diplomacy award, and I'm not sure the Academy was built to a high enough level.)

The "Forced Loyalty" dialog box doesn't mention anything about having to research Diplomacy first, it simply says one can loot away for 5 hours with no repercussions.

And the "Diplomacy" box in the Research page says simply "Diplomacy lowers the dangers of resistance in a farming village by 20%." There's nothing to indicate the two are related other than the word "Diplomacy".

I was continually looting my villages while they were at 76% mood. Does this mean if I had done it with the mood at or above 80% (and not researched) I wouldn't have triggered revolts? Or does it mean that one MUST have researched diplomacy before "Forced Loyalty" works??

It seems to me all the "Forced Loyalty" thing does is keep the current mood from dropping when looting, but it also doesn't allow the mood to recover naturally.

Yeah the dialog box description should be fixed anyway. And I was one of them who have been tricked by it in the past. Learning by burning =) Everyone has been a newb at one point. To become better we need to learn from the mistakes and never to them again. This is one of them. And yes, it is a shortcut to get resources. But there are other factors that need some consideration aswell.

Diplomacy is not required for using "forced loyalty" but they fit perfectly together. Because of other island-quests where you get units by losing loyalty you often have under 80% loyalty. What diplomacy does is buying you another 20% where you can loot without getting riots in the villages. That means that you can loot down to 60% without troubles with the forced loyalty. Without diplomacy you can loot down to 80% without getting riots.

And from my knowledge forced loyalty doesn't do anything with the recovery of the mood. If you think so I guess another island-quest have tricked you by lowering the mood 5% every hour.

DeletedUser

Thanks, mrpetzokl! I get it NOW! I think just a small disclaimer in the dialog for the reward would do the trick for future noobs. Something like "Village Mood must still be at least 80% (60% with research) to prevent revolts" or something similar. Anyway, I'm good now.

Billy

DeletedUser15581

Didn't read through all 4 pages, but if the idea in 1st post is being discussed, I vote for it as well :)

DeletedUser

I just save them till the mood in the city I want to use it in is above 80......

but i like this idea, it should be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

meh. He's gotta do something to make it look like he is here for the modding.

DeletedUser31385

He does mod, he closes things. He needs to put stuff in the archive.