Forge of Empires Beta

DeletedUser

Got my beta access key the other day, signed up today..

Anyone else playing in the closed beta?

For those who don't know of it already, Forge of Empires is the newest release from Innogames.

The official Innogames website has the following to say about it:
In the browser game Forge of Empires you can build your own city and experience all of history from its perspective - from the stone age on through the centuries. Explore new technologies that ring in a new era. Leave a mark with unique, contemporary buildings and establish a gigantic metropolis that is unparalleled anywhere. Increase your empire with sophisticated strategic campaigns and skilled actions in Forge of Empires. Create your own world: Forge your Empire!

The strategy game Forge of Empires takes you through the different eras - explore new building types and technologies to continue developing your settlement. Meet the challenges of the single-player campaigns until you rule an entire continent, or compete against other players in the multiplayer mode. In the browser game Forge of Empires, dedicate yourself to research and develop more advanced battle units, innovative products and spectacular buildings. Passionate builders will have many opportunities to develop and beautify their cities in this strategy game. Good economic skills are essential in Forge of Empires to finance the growth of your empire with your residents’ tax money.

But not everything is peaceful in Forge of Empires. Fight exciting battles, use a variety of units and incorporate the individual features of the terrain in order to win. On the battle field you can either take on the computer or give other players a lesson in battle strategy. Steer the fate of your empire: Forge of Empires!

You can find out more at forgeofempires.com.

DeletedUser22940

I was trying to get in. Signed up but didnt get the key yet....

DeletedUser

I got mine on 4th of April, but only used it to log in today.. not sure if there's a delay between keys being given out.

DeletedUser22940

got mine finally. will be giving it a shot this week

DeletedUser

I do play; however, I'm not the biggest fan...

Let me know what you guys think about it..I'd love to hear others feedback..

DeletedUser

I must admit I am not overly impressed with it so far, either. It has potential, though, and it is only in the beta stages so hopefully it will improve over time, as all (read: most) games do.

DeletedUser

Yeah. I agree..I liked it at first but once I started expanding I wasn't that interested anymore..I haven't logged in for a couple days already. :p

DeletedUser

I was looking forward to the final few research technologies, and noticed they cost ~100k resources, while I'm struggling to get a few hundred.. I suppose it would get easier to get resources the longer you play, though.

It has positives, though. Like the single-player aspects, the options to visit the city of other players and help them (although that is also a negative, that players can still attack each other, without control, so the single-player aspect is not totally single-player), the different troop types, the combat (although the combat is already seeming rather repetitive, and improvements could be made).

DeletedUser

Yeah. I don't like the combat system myself...It does the same thing every time and what is the strategy in that? :p

DeletedUser

The enemy AI doesn't seem particularly good, either. All you have to do is move slightly forward, get them to move in close but not quite close enough to hit you, and then make the first strike and destroy them before you lose any of your units.. rather easy, and not really particularly demanding as far as strategy goes.

DeletedUser15240

Yeah. I agree..I liked it at first but once I started expanding I wasn't that interested anymore..I haven't logged in for a couple days already. :p

I am with you there, I'vr started to lose interest as its become so slow now