Inactive Topic Forum "back" button-Improvement

DeletedUser14492

Sup peeps, well since my last idea for the creation of a Solar death ray of Archimedes for me (http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?38814-The-Solar-Death-Ray-of-Archimedes) didnt go down too well, exposing the mods incredible lack of a sense of humour... here is an actual idea that I think can improve the game...

Proposal: Create a "back" button for the in game forum thread viewing screen.

Reason: When viewing a thread within an allliance forum, you cannot get back to the forum tab that the thread is in, without clicking on the tab again... this takes you back to the start of that tab. However sometimes forums tabs have more than one page of threads... for instance, an "archive" tab. Sometimes I want to be able to go back to page 5 or whatever, after viewing a thread, NOT back to the start at page 1, which is what happens when you click on the original forum tab.

Details: A "back" button will be created that will sit next to the "reply" button or somewhere in that area, when you are viewing a forum thread. This button will simply take you back to the forum tab page you were previously viewing.

Visual Aids: None, I dont have all day, use your imagination :)

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Not an issue, its an administrative improvement that would require very little coding or time from the devs.

Thank you, that is all. Not exactly a game changer or a massive issue, but this does rectify an annoying feature of the game.

Ev

Addition: The same issue exists when reading e-mails. Many people keep pages of e-mails. After reading an e-mail, for instance on page 7 of your inbox, the only way to get back to that page 7 is to click on 'messages' then either scroll to page 7 or type page 7 and click go. Either way it is frustrating.

A simple back button feature could be added to the screen you view e-mails in, this would take you back to the previous page of your inbox you were viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yea i think this would be good, i agree it can be a pain sometimes.

DeletedUser14492

Ive remembered that the same idea can apply to reading your in game e-mails... I store many pages of e-mails, for information and posterity. If I am on page 10 and read a message there, the only way to get back to the same page 10, is to click on the messages again and this takes you back to page 1, you then have to scroll through to page 10 again or type in page 10 etc... VERY annoying.

I believe a back button should also be created to take you back to the page of your messages you were previously viewing.

Ev

DeletedUser31161

if your alliance has to many threads to manage and similar names then i recommend leaving or getting new leadership.

DeletedUser

if your alliance has to many threads to manage and similar names then i recommend leaving or getting new leadership.

lol. I do not even know where to begin discussing as to why this response is a gross over-simplification.

Speaking as someone who has been in some impressive alliances, at the very least, where the above posters advice would be ridiculous; the OPs proposal makes much more sense.

DeletedUser14492

hehe, I could disect your comment, explaining just how wrong you are and how preposterous your comment is, but to be honest its not worth my time and Horus did a nice job already :)

Can anyone who has experienced the "back button" issue please post your comments, this is such a simple change that can improve general administration and game play with ease.

Ev

DeletedUser

I think this would be a definite improvement to the in game forum.