Forum Migration Feedback/Bugs/Questions Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
So we've officially made the swap to the new forum and it's very different. This means it will take some getting used to. Also I'm sure there are going to be some bugs or missing features or maybe you just have questions about how to do certain things. We'll use this thread to collect all of those.

Stuff I am aware of already:
  • Random bits of dutch text in some places - this is going to be fixed soon
  • User ranks - will be working on them tonight so we have a greater variety
  • Loss of repuation
    • Replaced by a combination of "likes" and trophies
    • I will be going through and adding more variety to the trophies which will be used to place people into different user ranks like the rep system used to do
  • Sub forum changes - Currently sub forums are all shrunk and you have to hover over the little arrow to see what the sub forums are for a section. I personally don't mind the change as it is less clutter now but if people want I can take a look to see if we can try to make them more visible or something.

If you notice anything else or have questions/suggestions please let me know in this thread.

DeletedUser37468

Looking good, will take a while to get used to but overall Xenforo looks much smoother and softer in appearance to the generic vB

Last post clicky doo-dah could do with being a contrasting colour, perhaps as its not very visible...especially for those with sight impairments or colour blindness issues (something I had to take into account when migrating my old forums)

The skin is nice...maybe a little bit soft/pastel...this is a war game afterall, so maybe a stronger skin colour would add impact

Tweaking things will take a while to get "just right" but not bad at all

DeletedUser37468

Section title bars could do with being contrasted too maybe

DeletedUser30490

Definitely a fan of how the screen still fits non-wide screen monitors too!
Like @pagodaswan (sorry testing that out :p ) said going to take awhile to get used to but I too like some of the new changes.
For me though:
  • Make the backgrounds of our replies to a darker shade of brown
  • Overall color scheme could be a bit more darker,although the blue is fine. Rather just have the pale or whatever this cream color is make that much more darker. Maybe like a brown.
  • Add a 'go to last post' icon(is there one? cause either I'm blind or i don't see it.)
  • Bold the forums that we have unread posts in please,or do something else
tis all I can think for now(will update this if I can think of anything else)

couple of questions too;
  • why am I following some posters already?(Ah i see,it's everyone who I had listed as friend back in VB?)
  • Do the likes I received reflect the no. of posts I've received rep on?

pretty happy with the rest though,good job on the design! Just need to get the color scheme sorted out imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The likes are the total number of times you've been given rep. So you've been repped or "liked" 437 times. As for the following posters thing, idk, maybe it has to do with people whose friend requests you accepted

DeletedUser51423

Nice and clean and visually appealing, only issue i can see thus far is the under the forum where it says latest, some of the text is cut off where it says discussions and members making it hard to read what the newest post was.

and do our sigs not work anymore?

DeletedUser30490

Nice and clean and visually appealing, only issue i can see thus far is the under the forum where it says latest, some of the text is cut off where it says discussions and members making it hard to read what the newest post was.

and do our sigs not work anymore?
You need to upload the signature onto a image hosting site and use the URL by the looks of it.
Also as for the text being cut off,is your monitor a widescreen one? Cause I'm having the same problem but if you zoom out of the page you can see it clearly again.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Sigs still work but you need to use

DeletedUser38414

:( I will miss old forum *cry

I agree with Druvi, especially about that point - "Overall color scheme could be a bit more darker"
By my taste, current color is bit painful for eyes.. o_O

DeletedUser37468

To go to last post...click the date/time under the last poster's name and that will take you to the latest entry on a thread....its not always clear though so the old clicky arrow would probably be alot easier...especially to time served vB users

DeletedUser51423

Thanks for the help!

Also i see that we have a like button, instead of the +rep. but no option to dislike instead of -rep.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Well people have been asking me to do away with -rep for years so I suppose the matter is out of my hands now. I'm not sure if the loss of -rep or it's equivalent is a bad thing. A little less negativity is always a lovely thing.

DeletedUser30490

tiny bug,not sure what's causing it but hovering over our avatar or alerts icon doesn't bring up the quick-view menu or whatever sometimes

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah it seems the nav bar is a bit finicky. We're aware of it and it's currently being looked into. It seems that the further down the page you are the less likely it is to work. It almost always works for me if I'm scrolled all the way up.

DeletedUser

As a forum user who enjoyed using the forums frequently, this new forum is very painful to the eye. It does look neat though, and I believe it has a bit more features.

It will take some time for everyone to get used to it I guess :/

DeletedUser

If you're gonna put the nav bar on the bottom (why tho...) then remove the useless one at the top. Having another one for search exclusively is unnecessary. Search icon is also aligned petty wonky. Like the idea of the design although it lacks polish in a lot of areas. Finally, the main banner is ridiculously oversized :p

EDIT: Also awwyeah still #1 in likes and points #epeen4ever

DeletedUser38414

+ I like that my mini-avatar shown in the threads where I did post recently. It's quite comfortable.