Forum Miigration...

DeletedUser30490

Why?:'(
I love the vbulletin forum mostly cause of its screen resolution supporting non wide screen PC s and such. I find it so annoying that we have to scroll from side to side in xenforo to read posts.:/
On the positive note mods will love it,I haven't really tried out VB admin privs but XF admin Privs are amazing..everything is so simple and you can easily get rid of Chase if she comes knocking.
Posters will like the status,alerts and the recent posts tab I guess but everything else is almost the same as VB.

Wish you guys would've stuck with VB:(
Also if o remember right when you migrate everybody's posts disappear correct? Meaning the count stays put I think but we can't actually see any posts made when the forum was VB??

DeletedUser44027

Honestly, I love VB so much as a user. Alerts and messages are handled better by Xenforo, but I guess we'll be losing our rep system, and I like the way groups are handled in VB. All in all, I really don't see why it has to change :(

DeletedUser30490

Right? Gonna miss rep:(...like are...meh,they're kinda stupid.

Ps can't rep I back...have to spread the love around one last time:(

DeletedUser37468

Xenforo is a genuinely smooth and natural upgrade from standard vB and nothing to be worried about...the entire database will move from one to the other seamlessly

Its a nice looking software, userfriendly to both members and staff alike

Many moons ago when I built vB's for a friend he upgrades to Xenforo and the results were superb...there is very little difference tween the two apart from looks and a generally smoother and uncomplicated run

This is an example of an old vB to Xenforo...one of my old sites that I built but have not been anywhere near for years...

http://www.cruisingtalk.com/

Its a more refined finish and there are alot more options for the skin, layout, headers etc too.....its a natural progression from vB and nothing to be worried about

DeletedUser37468

Honestly, I love VB so much as a user. Alerts and messages are handled better by Xenforo, but I guess we'll be losing our rep system, and I like the way groups are handled in VB. All in all, I really don't see why it has to change :(

Things like rep can be coded into the Xenforo if required....very little, if anything tbh will be lost from one to the other...archives will transfer, everything will go across as it is now.....its not an overnight thing to complete, there is a degree of rebuilding required but everything here on vB now should be available in Xenforo

It's a more up to date upgrade for vB....and slightly less expensive on licence too, so more features can be added rather than lost in transition

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Shouldn't be too big a deal though I'm sure there will be a couple of minor bugs or differences. Biggest part is just that the forum will be down for a few hours while the switch is made.

DeletedUser17088

RIP my 15k rep TT_TT

wait what? is that all the difference there is between us, damn that means rooster was just out of my reach haha.

well with that said, i feel this is probably the most appropriate place to say that with VB forum ending, so does the FOTNS forum account, come friday you wont see ol fisty posting any more :) its been emotional hahaha

DeletedUser

wait what? is that all the difference there is between us
No there's more! One of us is wildly attractive while the other is merely staggeringly handsome. ;)

Same here tho, without my cupcake there's not much left for me here. Especially with literally everyone from the old days being gone.

Sayonara ladies, it's been fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30490

tell me we will be allowed to make suggestion etc?
hate this light colors you'll got going :(

DeletedUser

oh dear..oh dear 'likes received' all my PNP work destroyed . and baudin is apparently a god..that is surly one of the 4 harbingers of the apocalypse there.