Forum Olympics

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Starting on the 5th of August and running through the end of September will be a tournament the likes of which the forum has never seen before. It shall be called........drumroll.......The Forum Olympics!(The creativity behind the name is astonishing I know)

During this tournament a series of competitions will be held with each competition rewarding Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to the top 3 competitors in addition to the individual prizes for specific competition. Gold medals are worth 3 points, silvers worth 2, and bronze medals will be worth 1 point. At the end of the tournament the poster with the highest medal/point count will win a prize and be crowned the king/queen of the first ever Forum Olympics!

Tournament Prizes:
1st place: 800 Gold
2nd place: 500 Gold
3rd place: 300 Gold

During the tournament period every competition held on the forum will yield medals, that means the SotW currently being held and the Literature competitions will be handing out medals towards the tournament.

The Competitions:
The first competition will be a PnP competition where posters can submit a PnP and the best one, as voted for by the community, will win. The second competition will be a newspaper competition and it will function the same as the PnP comp. Finally we will close out the tournament with a trivia competition in which users will be asked a couple of questions each day with each correct answer yielding 1 point. The poster with the highest score at the end takes the top spot. As each competition opens more details will be made available. Additionally there will be some smaller competitions running in between or during each of those main competitions so keep an eye out for them.

A rankings thread will be posted and kept up-to-date during the tournament so everyone will know who is the currently in the lead in the tournament standings. A discussion thread can be found here.

If you're reading this and are thinking "Oh man this sounds like fun I wish I had a forum account so I could participate" Well clicky the linky here and make one and join us in the fun!

We hope to see your entries into the various competitions and may the best poster win :)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The poll for the Battle of the PnP's comp has just gone up! Take a gander at the submissions here and vote for your favorite. Also please note that your posts will not appear in that thread so if you wish to comment on the comp or the poll please do so in this thread.