Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No - Leave as Oldest to Newest

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Strategos
Hello Forum Goers,

Tyrion and myself have been discussing some changes we're wanting to make to the forums. The first of these is to reorganise the order of the world forums, to run in reverse chronological order based on opening date (current example, Edessa (EN51) - Alpha (EN1)). The reason we want to make this change is mostly down to the fact we are closing the forums of closed ingame worlds, as they come (example, Iota) so logically, it makes more sense to have the newer, and more active forums at the top. We tried this change about a year ago, and a lot of you disliked it. It is for this reason that we are posting this poll, to gauge forum opinion on the topic.

Please vote in the poll above, and if you have any specific opinions, please feel free to post these also. I'll leave the poll open for 14 days, at which point Tyrion and I will review the votes, and make a decision. Please note, the final decision will be made by us, this poll is intended to get a feeling for the opinions, not to make the decision.

Thank you in advance.

The Community Management Team

DeletedUser23986

no changes. You can't betray the oldest costumers of yours. I will surely not be liking it, and will prefer it not changing.

Why do you guys need to keep questioning the same thing, until you are lucky enough.

DeletedUser

Hasan Naqv, what is it you would dislike if it were to change?

DeletedUser23986

first of all spell my name properly.

Secondly, the game is trying to get rid of its old consumers/costumers all the time. Now how do you think, old forums can be revived when you try to discourage their use.

DeletedUser

The way I see it, we need to encourage new posters. These new posters will predominantly come from new players, who will predominantly come from new worlds. Users of older forums/worlds will know their way around the forum, in most cases, by now. However, new players may not slip into their respective forum as easily.

I don't see how old customers are being penalised, in the slightest. Players of old worlds cannot expect the same excitement that newer worlds typically can, because the novelty of their settings may have worn off and in most cases the playerbase shrinks. Sometimes you have to prioritise the majority. However, I don't see this having an effect on older forums.

Just my two pence. (Is that a phrase? I'm British. :S)

DeletedUser26213

first of all stop whining

Secondly, this change could be for the better organization-wise, and I highly doubt Inno is trying to get rid of its old players.

DeletedUser

This is better for the many- the new worlds with many thousands have to do less scrolling.

DeletedUser

And let's not forget that you can easily bookmark a forum. :p

DeletedUser

Lol I'd dont even get what you guys mean so I don't think I'll vote.

DeletedUser

Lol I'd dont even get what you guys mean so I don't think I'll vote.

Break stuff, currently the forums are ordered in the order that they were released, so they start at Alpha(first world released) all the way down to Edessa(most recent world) This means that to get to the Edessa forums you have to scroll to the bottom of the forums to get to them.

With the proposed change instead of Alpha being at the top of the world list it will be at the bottom, and the latest world released will be at the top. This may be changed due to the fact that older worlds are starting to end and the forums closing, so having the more active worlds at the top of the forums makes it easier for the 100's of people playing newer worlds.

first of all spell my name properly.

Secondly, the game is trying to get rid of its old consumers/costumers all the time. Now how do you think, old forums can be revived when you try to discourage their use.

Sorry, not everyone is perfect, we all make small mistakes when typing.
As for you saying Grepolis is trying to get rid of it's old customers all time, what evidence do you have for that? The proposed changes are to make it easier on the majority of players who, instead of having to go to the bottom of the forum for new and more active world forums have it readily available at the top. It has nothing to do with shunning away older players, it is simply to make it easier for the majority of players.

In response to your point about reviving the old forums, there is only so much a forum mod can do to revive them. It is down to the players more than anyone to ensure that the forum remains active. Us mods can host competitions and whatnot but that is pointless without having players partaking in them. If you wish to discuss the activity of older forums you are free to PM me, however this is an opinion thread for the idea Richard stated above, so please remain on topic.

DeletedUser12667

Na dude, I am an old customer as you say. I support the rearangement totally. Besides, if things never change they get stale.

The only change I had an issue with was upgrading 1.26 to 2.0. But it happened so I live with it. Even if it is just mostly simming the worlds I play. But funny thing is I am actually enjoying simming and turtling, it takes the stress out of the game for me. If I drop cities I dont worry, especially since I feel once you get 40 cities it is a pain to manage.

But change is something that is a guarantee in life, may as well morph your style to where the new set up works for you. There is always something good in everything, you just gotta be willing to look for it:)

DeletedUser

Where will the Elysian Fields and Hero Worlds forums go?

Richard

Strategos
I think Im going to structure it:

3rd Generation Worlds
Hero Worlds
Elysian Fields
2nd Generation Worlds
1st Generation Worlds

DeletedUser23986

I do think by shifting 1st gen worlds at last, you are discouraging their use, and stopping any chance of them reviving.

Richard

Strategos
I like to think of it as encouraging activity on our new servers, rather than discouraging activity on our older ones, personally.

DeletedUser29066

I like to think of it as encouraging activity on our new servers, rather than discouraging activity on our older ones, personally.

I like it. I think by now the players from older worlds who participate in those worlds' forums are pretty much a set group and not likely to get many new users. Restructuring should encourage greater participation by those who play newer worlds.

DeletedUser23986

it is just how you see it. There are enough active users for the new ones, but not for old ones. You need to respect the most dedicated players(consumers/costumers). Also as worlds close, new forums will keep on moving up.

That is just my feedback.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if we got more people on the Hyperborea forums. This will probably help a bit with that since it's currently just above GrepoFx