Forum Reshuffle

• Yes - Change to Newest to Oldest

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No - Leave as Oldest to Newest

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser31852

Personnaly, I find it annoiyng enough you didnt let many of the newer worlds continue and become on a world map were everything is taken!
Now just change the forum order and block old forums of old worlds... In case you didnt notice, poeple are still plaiyng in those worlds, and it might interest the people that want to know what is happening there to read the forums!

DeletedUser31852

after reading everything, I understand that it might be necesary and usefull to reverse the order, but not to block old forums!

DeletedUser23986

Well, isn't there something odd? WHy do we need this change. Just 26 players bothered to vote? Infact we have 14 forum moderators, 1 CM and 2 co-CM. I do find ratios odd.

This just doesn't seem to interest the people enough. Maybe because.....

DeletedUser31852

Totally agreed... then again who bothers reading the forums that are not ofyour world...

DeletedUser4013

Hasan, if this change were to be made without consulting the players you would all cry foul. Instead, Rich and myself after discussing the matter decided to ask for the opinions of the forum users. Since I took over the running of the forums, I have made every effort to make players aware of any changes to the forums before they take place so that you are not caught unawares. So far, of all the forum users to voice their opinion on this, you and a few others do not like the idea as you feel we are marginalizing the 'older' players and their worlds. This is not true, as the 1st Gen worlds begin to close, there is less need to have them at the top of a forum with a current total of 53 worlds. There are many more active users in those newer worlds and it makes sense to place the 3rd Gen worlds at the top and relist the remaining below. Also, as worlds close and so too their respective forums, those will be regrouped into an area on their own as well.

You may not like the reasons for change, but we are still asking for your thoughts and giving you that courtesy.

Richard

Strategos
Hey all. This has been decided, the forums will be reshuffled over the next few weeks (likely when Im back from vacation).

Thank you for your input.

DeletedUser4013

Hey all. This has been decided, the forums will be reshuffled over the next few weeks (likely when Im back from vacation).

Thank you for your input.

Please expect that the 1st Gen, 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen worlds will be put in reverse order first, following that the worlds will be placed in reverse order over the following week.

DeletedUser6029

It has been a while since I have logged on to the old version verses the new version. Richard and Tyrion are right, something needs to be done for long term. Personally I agree put the newest to the oldest. It is kind of annoying to scroll past all the closed worlds to find the new ones.

I would add, maybe putting the "spam" sections down at the bottom, as those are not game play necessary...and maybe organize the worlds in order of majority. For example, keep the extra worlds that grepo has offered also down towards the bottom. Did that make sense?

Personally, I like what you two have done to the forum...I think it flows pretty dang nice, and with a few key changes, I think it will remain user friendly.

Let me edit...put closed worlds BELOW spam....sorry for the confusion in my brain ;)

DeletedUser

Shouldn't Hyperborea get put in front of the Hero Worlds since it was opened more recently than either of them?

DeletedUser23986

Shouldn't Hyperborea get put in front of the Hero Worlds since it was opened more recently than either of them?
Now. this one is rather irritating. Hero worlds have more warriors( as far as i remember grepolis claims to be a war game) than a mere simmer's paradise.

Also hero worlds have high activity. i don't really see the point of having active forums, when there maybe no real wars ?

DeletedUser4013

The Hero Worlds are above the Elysian Fields because Hero Worlds will open more frequently than an Elysian Field world will.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, the reshuffle is quite messy and I dislike it. It's a good idea but has ended up being extremely flawed.

DeletedUser

Since the worlds are now listed from newest to oldest, shouldn't the order of the worlds inside the groups also be edited?

We could either move them individually or in chunks.

For example, Athens (en25) could be the last server in the 2nd gen block, or the 3rd to last with en26 and en27 being the last there

Richard

Strategos
Currently, the worlds are not in order of oldest to newest within their respective groups.

Thanks.

DeletedUser23986

Why should not agora moved a little upwards? It is the most-active section.

DeletedUser

Instead of making it in Reverse or any specific order. Why not allow to re-structure it on its own depending upon the activity inside(similar to ingame Forums).. Gen 1/Gen 2 can be similar to tabs. Just an idea.

DeletedUser345

I just don't understand how players new to this forum can just magic up a thread which has been buried for ages, it is an ability that astounds me.