Free Population

DeletedUser

Free Population Edited

I need some help. I maxed out my farm to a lvl 40, but I will not have enough free population to build some of the other buildings important I would need to build. Can anyone give some advice on how I can raise my free population. Someone told me to destroy some buildings, but never told which. I don't want to demolish any of my buildings. Since I have been given 2 answers, I'm going to for broke with this. I have mostly Defense not much Offence. Some said I would have to destroy some buildings to get my population back, Here is my troop list. I will put the # down you just minus what could go. I know Slingers are 1, minus how many from each because I have not reached a lvl 24 in senate. I will ask about the demolihing of building and if that will help. Cut and paste tyour answer please.

Troops

Swordsmen 380 -

Slingers 310 -

Hoplites 327 -

Archers 327 -

Horseman keeping, So just cut and paste how many from each. Now the big question. You said I could kill some and demolish some buildings to get my population back? What if I demolish, I can't blieve I'm asking this one. What if I were demolish the Farm? Would that help at all? I don't know which buildings to destroy so I chose farm. Will that help me if I demolish it? If not which buildings can I demolish? Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The easiest way to get back some pop would indeed be either killing off troops or demolishing a few building levels. If you can get up to 60 free pop and have senate on 24 and farm at 35 and both temple and marketplace at 5 you can build a thermal bath which will give you 240 more pop. Also researching the plow in the academy will give you another 200 pop if you haven't done that yet.

DeletedUser

Killing off troops is the most effective way. Which troops you sacrifice depends on what you have in the city and what playing style you use. Do you want to attack others or defend yourself against others? Of course you want to be able to do both, but there is a shade of grey that suits you best. Find that and you will know which to lose.

To kill off troops, the easiest way is to attack farming villages. If you've already conquered all of those, you might have to upset a neighbour. Another way is to send them to support an abandoned city and then attack it.

DeletedUser

Well thank you, here is the scoop on my troops. I have over 300 swords, archers and hopa and almost that much, if not slingers. So the root the Alliance I'm in, because I just started it, is 2. Also there about 200 horsemen. I'm mostly quiet and don't like to fight only if I'm being attacked. So right now my population is 85. Thermal bath only gives 10% of your population. So with all this said. I have both offense and defense, mostly defense. I have Poseidon as a god. I will give you exact total of troops that I have,c as in what they are. If I give that will some of you pick the amount I can kill. It would make easier. So for swords I 380, slingers I have 310, Hoplites I have 327 archers 327 and horseman is 160. Please help me elimanate the ones I could kil off. I trust everybodies judgement. Then tell how to kill them, cause I'm killing my own troops. So I hope I will get some good numbers where I can still have a strong troop base. I really appreciate everybodies help. I will trust your judgement on the kills. I can get the building lvls tomorrow, so I can get some down and more population. Thanks everyboody.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you have 85 free population you are fine. Thermal baths requires 60 population and gives you 10% of your maximum population. With level 40 farms, you will receive and additional 300 farm spaces. This is a profit of 240.

Since you want to play defensively, you could probably sacrifice some slingers. The horsemen will be very useful when you want to take a second city and the slingers are easy to replace if you need them.

DeletedUser13405

After you build baths, I have found one of the most useful buildings to demolish is the senate. It does nothing for you after your city is fully built and you can free up lots of population.