Freedom of speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser33241

I do not think it is constitutional to deny us our freedom of speech on the forums. A player posted a thread about a wrong doing to a BIG player in this world, and it has now been deleted! :pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser33241

FOTNS will definitely delete this, HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Freedom of speech does not apply on the forum as it is a privately owned entity. The moderation team try to give the posters as much leeway as we can but there are topics that need to be steered clear of. Ban discussions and cheating accusations are the most common and discussing them publicly doesn't do anything for the parties involved which is why posters are directed to the ingame support. The support system is set in place to be able to aid players with an issue. If there's a topic you are confused on in regards to it not being allowed to be discussed on the forum feel free to pm a titan or Tyrion or Richard. Contrary to popular opinion we're here to help and actually enjoy doing so.

DeletedUser33241

It does not help us because they just tell us they can't give us any information. And it does not help the banned member when all they say is pretty much too bad, your banned. Yet can not show the player any proof of wrong doing. If your going to ban a member for farming every 5 minutes, then provide some proof of wrong doing. Let's face it, some people who play this game have NOTHING better to do and can actually farm every 5 minutes.

DeletedUser

Ban Discussions and cheating accusations are the most common and discussing them publicly doesn't do anything for the parties involved wich is why posted are directed to the ingame support. The support system is set in place to be able to aid players with an issue.

Now, let me ask you one thing. If a player gets accused of said above, in every case I've see, and especially in the case of my friend, why is it always "we caught you, oh well, cya".. There is no arguing, there is no PROOF, and there is no "talking about it".
Basically my question is, you stated above that I should basically use the "in game support".. However, I will get told that I'm not involved. I come here, my post, in my opinion, gets deleted because I pointed out the fact that he is getting screwed.

What you guys/gals fail to understand, one person could effect the entire game for 100's of people. One alliance can fall because of one man. All because he was accused, without PROOF, and without debate, he was cheating.

DeletedUser23986

All because he was accused, without PROOF, and without debate, he was cheating.
Caught my eye. What do you mean by without proof, and without debate? Go to support, and appeal, and debate your heart out. I have got most of my bans uplifted, so i know it is possible.

However, I will get told that I'm not involved.
Talk to the banned player on skype, or on forums, or on some other world, and ask him to post the content from his own account.

DeletedUser

Caught my eye. What do you mean by without proof, and without debate? Go to support, and appeal, and debate your heart out. I have got most of my bans uplifted, so i know it is possible.

Talk to the banned player on skype, or on forums, or on some other world, and ask him to post the content from his own account.

I talk to him all the time, he lives a few miles from me. He has done all of that and each time the response he gets "We have proof that you used a bot, sorry". He has tried to ask them but they refuse to say anything other than that. He asked for proof, they said "We will not provide because it will give out our secrets to how we detect it". I was even at his house when he found out he was banned. And I would love to go into this whole story about how I've built not only his main computer, but how I've built the image on his laptop, the one he uses play play grepolis, ALL DAY. He doesn't know how to use a bot nor does he even know what it is. Heck, I have hard enough time showing him how to transfer movies from his main to his laptop. But all that is beside the point and I'm sure there are people who would say "Yeaaah, okay".

I'm ranting about this because I know what he's benig accused of is 100% inaccurate. And to tell me that someone's hard work, money, and time is wasted over something like this.. I cannot let someone who loves a game and loves to be a part of a group of friends be treated like this without speaking up. It's just wrong.

And, mods, If I offend you, it's not intended. There are a lot of people that are ticked off about this. I'm not a "omg life isn't fair" type of person. But this... this just isn't right.

DeletedUser17088

It does not help us because they just tell us they can't give us any information.

This information belongs to Innogames, they do not need to release any info to users. I am sure this is in the terms and conditions, which every player agrees to when signing up

And it does not help the banned member when all they say is pretty much too bad, your banned. Yet can not show the player any proof of wrong doing.

Ingame support do not ban without proof. Just because they do not show you how they know a player is cheating, does not mean they are just banning for the hell of it

If your going to ban a member for farming every 5 minutes, then provide some proof of wrong doing. Let's face it, some people who play this game have NOTHING better to do and can actually farm every 5 minutes.

Absolute nonsense, no one would get banned for 5 minute farming otherwise they wouldnt put the option in the game. You get banned for illegal scripts that farm automatically every 5 minutes, not for manually farming.

The likely explanation is that your friend is not being entirely honest to everyone about how he was banned and that is his choice.

He has done all of that and each time the response he gets "We have proof that you used a bot, sorry".

Bingo, end of discussion

Stop creating threads to appeal on behalf of other players because it will get you nowhere, it isnt permitted. Ban discussion and cheating accusations (as previously stated) are against the forum rules also. Please refrain from opening this topic up again with another thread, Direct all questions to Ingame support

no offense taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.