Inactive Topic Freeze Morale Level at the time the CS is launched

DeletedUser29066

Proposal:Freeze morale at level indicated at time the CS is launched.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?I did not see this specific proposal

Reason: Prevent unplanned further drop in morale between attack launch and arrival, prevent additional losses simply based on morale level.

Details: Many times we plan attacks on players based on the morale level indicated at the time the attack is planned/launched. I understand that as players loose cities and have a smaller point total the morale will decrease, but my suggestion is that the level be frozen at the time the attack is launched and not be allowed to further decrease during the travel time to the target.

Visual Aids: None, but here's an example. Player A comes out of VM and is soon being attacked. As I clear some of his cities morale is 100%, but I do not have an available slot so I run VP and City Festivals overnight and by morning I have a slot. I select a target and plan my attacks and support. Morale is showing 91% as he lost a city or two overnight. Still acceptable. I launch my CS .. now morale shows 85% as another siege or two just finished. Still good. NOW, this is where it should be frozen - at 85% or whatever level it is at time attack is launched. What happened though is that it continued to decline, and during the 4 hr TT the CS and clearing attacks launched after the CS had a lower level. By the time the CS arrived it had dropped to 61%. Fortunately I sent plenty of clearing and it stuck.

Balance: None needed

Abuse Prevention: Not required, as the smaller player is still protected by morale from attacks by larger players. Proposal would only affect additional decrease after attacks launched.

Summary: Morale already makes it harder for larger players to victimize smaller players in morale active worlds. This idea would simply freeze the morale level at the time of attack and prevent it decreasing further during transit time, thus minimizing unplanned losses by the attacker.

DeletedUser

Excellent one, I don't know how it wasn't suggested before.

+rep...

DeletedUser10962

I dislike it why should you be benefited for sending a longer CS. Also what happens if you send a long cs and the city changes hands? Do you still get the original morale a small player steals a city because you don't trip but you still get good morale on him even if you're 10 times his size?

It's part of the risk associated with launching at a player like that and means you should plan to take all the cities at the same time or pre clear while morale is high. I think this idea just stops poor gameplay being punished. In the example above surely it would be a reasonable assumption that the morale will drop further if you've already seen them start to lose cities.