Frequently Asked Questions

DeletedUser20429

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS HERE: http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Grepolis_FAQ

In this FAQ the word answer is abbreviated to A. for convenience.

Cities and Building

Q.1
: Why do some buildings say Not Possible while trying to upgrade them?
A. Because it either means that:
1. You don't have enough resources
2. The construction queue is full or
3. You don't have enough Population.

Q.2
: How to Farm the most efficiently?
A. Well all I can recommend is 5 minute farming when your online for a while. 20 min if your going to the store. 90 minutes for say watching a movie or 4 hours when you sleep. 8 hours with booty is good as well. Refer to the guides section for better info

Q.3
: How to choose a god or change my existing god?
A. To choose a god build a Temple click on it and choose the god you want to worship. To change just do the same as above but choose a different one.

Q.4: When will the Phoenician Merchant come?
A. Generally once you build a Harbour he comes straight after its construction after that he comes randomly.
NOTE: This only applies when you build it not when you upgrade it.

Q.5: How to rename a city?
A. Double click on its name and type a new one. A city name is on the top left of the game screen.

Attacking and/or Defending

Q.1: How do you attack someone?
A. Left click on the city you wish to attack and click attack. For the sake of avoiding trouble don't attack people that are bigger than you! Also don't attack allies or pact members.

Q.2: How to build troops?
A. Click on the city overview and click on the barracks. Then choose the type of troop you wish to recruit and choose the number you want. Make sure you have enough resources and population to build the troops.
NOTE if you don't have a barracks build one or you can't do this.
Extra NOTE: Most troops require research from the academy so make sure you have an academy built or you won't get anywhere.

Q.3: How to make ships?
A. You will need research for the ship from the academy and the right level harbour and resources+population to build it. (level cap only applies to CS's)

Q.4: Why can I not attack someone?
A. Generally it because they are either banned or in Vacation Mode but there may be other circumstances as well. If you don't know why you can't send in a support ticket.

Q.5: Do banned players go ghost?
A: Yes they do. The same as anyone else. If they have gold in their account a ghosting is delayed until the gold runs dry. However this only happens if they have automatic extension of premium features.

Q.6
:Can fireships be used to attack?
A. No due to the fact that they would be too powerful. That and they are a defence ship.

Gods and Spells

Q.1
: Why can I not cast a spell?
A. Generally it's because you don't have enough favor.

Q.2
: Why can't I recruit a mythical unit?
A. Because you don't have a high enough temple, not enough resources or population and/or not enough favor.

Q.3: Why can't spells be cast on ghost towns?
A. I am not exactly sure but I believe its because the buildings already decay so no need to cast destructive spells . When a building collapses down a level it may also kill some troops as well.

Battle Points

Q.1: How much BP do I get?
A. You get the amount of BP which is equal to the amount of population you killed. Example: 1 swordsmen=1 pop meaning you get 1 BP for killing him. This applies to all troops and ships.

Q.2: Why haven't I received my BP yet?
A. BP can sometimes take up to 3 days+ to get to you so just be patient.

Conquering or Colonizing

Q.1: Can I colonise a spot without sending any biremes or light ships?
A. No you cannot. You can only colonize or conquer if you send a CS with land troops in Normal Transports and a few biremes or LS depending on if the city is clear of all troops.

Q.2: How do I conquer?
A. Well first your going to need CS research and Conquest research (Requires at least academy lvl 28) then you will need troops and ships to attack and take the city as your own. Happy conquering!

Q.3: Why can I not take a city within the first 12 hours of revolt?
A. This is because you have to give your "Agents" time to cause the revolt. Once you have started the revolt you can take the city as long as your CS lands within the 12 hour window. Consult some conquering guides for some good ideas on how to time your attacks.

Q.4: Is my world Conquest or Revolt?
A. You can find this out by looking at the worlds settings on its forum here or you could ask someone who also plays the world.

Trading and/or sending resources

Q.1: How to send resources?
A. Make sure you have a market place. Then click on the city you wish to send to and click trade. Choose the amounts you want to send then click send resources.

Q.2: How do I send resources to a village?
A. Click on a village, then select info. This should bring you to a screen that has a bar with the amount of required resources to level that village up 1 level. To level a village from 1-2 1200 resources are required, but the best part is, out of that 1200 they can be ANY. So you could send 1200 wood and it'd rankup, same with all the other resources. Villages are also a great way to get rid of excess resources for your own benefit later on.

Q.3:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20429

Okay so I've had an idea. Rather than putting all these questions up why not categorise them? I could get to work on that now.
PS: Thanks for the sticky! :) I owe you one

I have begun the construction as you can see. I will add BP in its own category due to it being a little technical

Also can I have a mod keep an eye on this thread to make sure it doesn't get too cluttered? Thanks

DeletedUser20429

You can't. Only moderators and administrators can. So Heros,Giants,Titans,SIGMS and Gods can start a poll :) I will make a forum FAQ as well to answer questions such as above.

DeletedUser20429

Guys please excuse my inactivity on this forum as I am not supposed to be using the net for the rest of the week. But I am making an offline version of this FAQ which will be cut and pasted here when I can get back on the net. Thanks Luke

Richard

Strategos
Q.5 Do banned players go ghost?
A: Yes they do. The same as anyone else. If they have gold in their account a banning is delayed until a SIGM can remove the gold.
Just to clarify, this is completely incorrect. Bans are not delayed by anyone under any circumstances. Gold is also not removed at the behest of a moderator. The account expires over time. Accounts with Gold remain unghosted until the Gold in the account runs dry.

DeletedUser20429

Just to clarify, this is completely incorrect. Bans are not delayed by anyone under any circumstances. Gold is also not removed at the behest of a moderator. The account expires over time. Accounts with Gold remain unghosted until the Gold in the account runs dry.

Oh thanks Shanara. If I remember I heard Asth tell someone that. Thanks for the clarification.

DeletedUser20429

Also I meant that to be ghost not ban. My bad lol! I was half asleep by that point. I was drinking a fair bit of pepsi too so that didn't help! Anyway it is corrected now.

DeletedUser15953

How can the Gold run dry if the player is banned?

Yes, if he does not have auto-extension of features, then the gold will never run dry - does that mean that an account will continue indefinitely?

Also,
Q - if a player is banned, what is the purpose of keeping their cities 'alive'? The player can do nothing wit the cities, and no other players in the world can do anything with them, they are just useless - what is the point of stopping them ghosting earlier, say after 2 weeks? The only reason I can think of is if there is an unban appeal going on ....

DeletedUser20429

Yes, if he does not have auto-extension of features, then the gold will never run dry - does that mean that an account will continue indefinitely?

Also,
Q - if a player is banned, what is the purpose of keeping their cities 'alive'? The player can do nothing wit the cities, and no other players in the world can do anything with them, they are just useless - what is the point of stopping them ghosting earlier, say after 2 weeks? The only reason I can think of is if there is an unban appeal going on ....

A banned players city will go ghost just like everyone elses. Secondly if the account on that world disappears the gold does not. It stays in the account until he/she joins another world and uses it.

DeletedUser30827

So I'm in Athens and it's very close to World Wonders.What happens when it reaches that?Does everybody start over or something?

DeletedUser20429

Okay so world wonders are a period where alliances that have cities that are all owned by the same alliance on 1 island can build a WW (World Wonder) so Alliance A has all city slots on an island filled with their cities. They begin to build the wonder ONCE the WW period has started. The first alliance to build 4 of the 7 world wonders will win the world and is granted access to the Hero World. Once the alliance has won the world continues until it gets a member level lower than 300 if a world has 300 members or lower it begins to close. You have 2 or 4 weeks I can't remember to quickly conquer and destroy as much as you can. I call this the havoc period. Once this is over the world is closed and is deleted from the servers.

DeletedUser20429

Also guys my knowledge base is running low I need help to continue the FAQ. Can anyone provide assistance!?

DeletedUser20429

That's quite alright. I will add in WW to the FAQ as well. Oh and guys before posting in Gameplay Questions it's recommended that you look in the grepolis wiki which can be found here: wiki.en.grepolis.com/
Also check the Gameplay guides which can be found here: [h=2]Player Guides[/h]
The next thing I would be doing is posting here in this section.So

1. Check the wiki
2. Check the guides section
3. Posting in Gameplay Questions.

Does everyone understand what I am saying?

DeletedUser

Hello everyone its a great pleasure to join the Grepolis family. I only have one question Why does the server resist my email when I plug it in by request to gain access to gold points?. It tells me that the email is already taken. I cant see how that is as it is my email and was established for me. Perhaps I must create a second or alternative email?

DeletedUser20429

Okay first this is what I would do. Are you attempting to buy what grepolis calls Gold? Some call it premium. Anyways if you are having issues with Premium you need to send a Support Ticket in. Just log in and see where it says Messages, Reports etc Look at bit further down and you will see Settings. Click that then look for a link called support. It will be on the left of the window. Click it and the Ticket Type should be Premium

A link to support can be found Here