Frequently Asked Questions

DeletedUser20429

As my BB codes are back online and I am now back to playing grepolis I will be re activating this FAQ. I will be PM'ing ToT and asking him for his assistance in making this thread.

Luke

DeletedUser39817

Hi, do I lose any points if i leave one alliance and join another? Also, how do i build up my points quickly?

DeletedUser18132

No, you don't lose any points. And you get points by upgrading your buildings and conquering other cities.

DeletedUser

hello, i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a thread on game mechanics. as i have many questions about how the game works. such as 1) should 2 waves be landing in the same second which one hits first? 2)when supported does the support then fall under researched perks in that city or does it have the perks from the city which they came from? 3)whats the most time a wave can jump foward or back when launched -/+ 15 second 30 seconds? 4) how does the game calculate battles? i have had LS waves hit before and they have killed much less than i expected, even more than when simulated with the defender having all premium perks researches luck tower everything.
i have many more questions but i cant seem to find any game mechanincs anywhere, could someone please help me or direct me to them?

DeletedUser18132

1) should 2 waves be landing in the same second which one hits first?

The one with the earlier ID attacks first.
Source.

2)when supported does the support then fall under researched perks in that city or does it have the perks from the city which they came from?

It comes from the city the troops were made in.

3)whats the most time a wave can jump foward or back when launched -/+ 15 second 30 seconds?

30 seconds.

4) how does the game calculate battles? i have had LS waves hit before and they have killed much less than i expected, even more than when simulated with the defender having all premium perks researches luck tower everything.

Are you sure the defender didn't get some last minute support?

This is one of the best guides out there(it may be a bit inaccurate since it was last updated in 2011, but still a very good), but there are a lot of them in the the Guides Section. Also, I'll throw this one out there about timing attacks.

P.S. Look at this guide about naval combat(again, it was written in early 2010, but still a good read).

DeletedUser

on second thought i can recall the comment in forum now i got mixed up sorry. it was more bireme's on our side dying than we expected against an LS wave. forum comment was something like "thankyou very much for the support sorry that you lost so many bireme's" this was a while ago now, so after i saw the comment i ran every option i could through the simulator, premium perks possible researches ect.
but i now believe this backs up your answer to question 2 as it not possible to simulate defence from different cities all under different research effects.
thank you :)

DeletedUser

hello people , it seems i cant find this island quests till now i have been searching lots of islands because it does not appear on my one , ??

DeletedUser18132

Is your world close in the 30 days before it shuts down?

DeletedUser42145

Whats the Diffrence between Conquest and Revolt Guys, If you have a good understanding can you please message plz,

DeletedUser27700

In revolt worlds, you have to clear a city with a revolt attack. The city will then enter the first stage of revolt, which lasts 12 hours.
Once this is up, a second stage of 12 hours starts. During this second stage you can clear the city again and land a colony ship, and the city will become your instantly.

In conquest you clear a city and then send a colony ship in an attack at a city. If the city is cleared out, the CS will land and start to siege the enemy city. You must then defend your colony ship in the enemy city for a certain amount of time, depending on world speed.

Both have advantages and disadvantages, I would suggest trying them both.

DeletedUser22517

Does land expansion still works in the city you conquer?

DeletedUser27700

No, when you lose the city the extra population will go away.

DeletedUser

Hi there. i wonder about this.

I have Commander and Captain activated. There's a city which i want to send support. The city's owner doesn't have Captain and Commander. Does my units fight with %20 more strength because of my Captain and Commander or doesn't because of supported city's lack of these two?

Thx in advance.

Cem

DeletedUser

When you support a city the premiums and researches of the city you are supporting apply to your troops.

DeletedUser20429

nice to see that my FAQ thread got used a bit :) I'm back once again lol, and I will be looking through the wiki for any changes that need to be made to this faq and also new sections.