Full Screen Overview Active on Beta

Richard

Strategos
What do you guys think? Im pleasantly surprised, I thought it would be quite an irrelevant change, but I think it makes the interface look spiffy. Click for a full sized image.

DeletedUser44426

Looks pretty good, but seeing it makes me feel like there should be more buildings farther out there.

DeletedUser

good thing no one ever climbs down the cliff nstead of running madly at the wall :p
looks fine thuogh tbh I just click the senate button n my tool bar then click a building from there.... faster. haven't looked at the town overview in months.

DeletedUser42857

Looks nice enough, but i cant remember the last time i ever looked at city view on any of mine, i just go straight to senate. Few annoyances in that in city overview when you go to build it has hammers next to ever city regardless of wether you have the resources to upgrade the building or not.

Overall, I cant see myself ever using it, and if pressed, I far prefer a window 1) it feels like you are just zooming in then 2) you can move the window around. nice job, but I really dont see the point, its fixed something that wasnt broken.

I still wonder where all the people live..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What about night graphics? Have they got one for the night?

DeletedUser

Looks nice, and will probably be useful for non-Gold players.

DeletedUser

I LOVE IT <3
Thank you so much grepolis. This is the best feature made in a long time.
This feature makes me think more of Ancient Greece and that is one of the major reasons I like this game.
Haven't been this happy about that kind of thing since Hades was released.

DeletedUser30636

i hate to be negative on this great feature.... but where in the flying crickets do your citizens live!?

DeletedUser829

does full screen work with:
-Trade OVerview
-Village Farm Overview
-All overviews?

If not... it's "pretty" but doesn't do much else for us.

DeletedUser17103

^I'm pretty sure this is just a cosmetic update rather than a gameplay update, i like it, looks good. But as others have said with the new wider look of the city the outer bits of it seem quite empty and could do with some filler buildings... Maybe ones that change with your point level? Just like your city (on island view) changes as you advance points, your NPC buildings could become more complex as you gain points.

DeletedUser

Yay! I really like this; I was looking forwards to it for a long time.
However - as someone previously stated in this forum - the new city overview makes your city look pathetic and weak. I would really like if the building design would be completelly overhauled and be designed - from scratch - to fit and be seamlesly integrated with the new overview. Some buildings just don't fit this - like the Wall. Plus (as many people have said already), now that we have a large overview, we can have larger city are for the people to live in. Also, since there is such a large water area, I would appreciate if there would be some traffic there depending on the Harbour level: at level 1, there are few fishing boats, at level 10, you have some fishing boats and very few large ships sailing in and out of your harbour, and at level 20 you have mainly large ships sailing in and out of your harbour very frequently. And if there would be an attack on your city, you could see the enemy units ACTUALLY attacking your city.

DeletedUser43403

Looks great :D The art is really good :) Would like a little more scattered random buildings though? Maybe they evolve with the points of your city? So when you're at 1k points they look run down but when you get to 10k points they look magnificent?

DeletedUser44027

Yay! I really like this; I was looking forwards to it for a long time.
However - as someone previously stated in this forum - the new city overview makes your city look pathetic and weak. I would really like if the building design would be completelly overhauled and be designed - from scratch - to fit and be seamlesly integrated with the new overview. Some buildings just don't fit this - like the Wall. Plus (as many people have said already), now that we have a large overview, we can have larger city are for the people to live in. Also, since there is such a large water area, I would appreciate if there would be some traffic there depending on the Harbour level: at level 1, there are few fishing boats, at level 10, you have some fishing boats and very few large ships sailing in and out of your harbour, and at level 20 you have mainly large ships sailing in and out of your harbour very frequently. And if there would be an attack on your city, you could see the enemy units ACTUALLY attacking your city.

besides the amazing amount of work with this, I also wonder how seeing enemy units attack you could be implemented. I mean, its instantaneous, so im not sure you could see it...

In any case, bravo on the update, but I don't really think it's very important. Maybe it'll bring in more people, but the type of people it will bring in will be people who value graphics, which isn't really the type of game grepo is.

DeletedUser

besides the amazing amount of work with this, I also wonder how seeing enemy units attack you could be implemented. I mean, its instantaneous, so im not sure you could see it...

In any case, bravo on the update, but I don't really think it's very important. Maybe it'll bring in more people, but the type of people it will bring in will be people who value graphics, which isn't really the type of game grepo is.

I didn't mean that the exact units attacking your city would be displayed - only that there would be a set animation playing of troops and ships attacking your city when you get attacked - like people cheering by the academy during a military parade. It would be there to make the game/your city seem more lively.